Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Background Checks Shot Down

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still cant get an answer....what was in this bill that people object to?????

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    -bans on numerous semi-automatic weapons.

-bans on standard-capacity magazines

-bans on personal sales, thereby personal ownership (the old question; if I can't sell it, do I own it? )

There's your answer. If your looking for a jumping off point for a debate, I have none. I'm not going to debate the subject, but those parts of the bill are unacceptable.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

Lets make sure we do nothing to prevent people who are insane and dangerous from buying a gun.

Let the eagle soar.
    ignorant as usual.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    ignorant as usual.
    Obama wants your guns.

He's so crafty that he's waited 5 years to do so. He didn't do it when he was first elected...because people would have expected him to do that.

Right after he does that, he's gonna ban free speech and voting. But he'll do that 17 days before he elects himself king in 2016.

Mwa-ha-ha-ha.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obama wants your guns.

He's so crafty that he's waited 5 years to do so. He didn't do it when he was first elected...because people would have expected him to do that.

Right after he does that, he's gonna ban free speech and voting. But he'll do that 17 days before he elects himself king in 2016.

Mwa-ha-ha-ha.
    Lame duck prez who got told to STFU by the Senate isn't going to do a damn thing.

Mwa ha ha.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lame duck prez who got told to STFU by the Senate isn't going to do a damn thing.

Mwa ha ha.
    Oh.

So basically the system worked. Obama isn't the antichrist, no one has invaded Rochester to take your guns and you have the same amount of freedom as you did in 2005.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh.

So basically the system worked. Obama isn't the antichrist, no one has invaded Rochester to take your guns and you have the same amount of freedom as you did in 2005.
    ...not for a lack of effort.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just glad Obama hasn't tried to take away my right to bring shampoo on an plane.

Dark days indeed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    and he is still threatening to use Executive order to get his own way anyway.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    -bans on numerous semi-automatic weapons.

-bans on standard-capacity magazines

-bans on personal sales, thereby personal ownership (the old question; if I can't sell it, do I own it? )

There's your answer. If your looking for a jumping off point for a debate, I have none. I'm not going to debate the subject, but those parts of the bill are unacceptable.
    Thanks...and no not looking for a debate at all...just trying to find some facts amid the noise.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    As are you.
    Why? What is it about what I've said in this thread that makes me an idiot?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Why? What is it about what I've said in this thread that makes me an idiot?
    Better off with the Clinton's.

Second thought, you may be right. We'll get to see how horse trading works for them from 2016-2020....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obama wants your guns.

Newtown.

"Never let a crisis go to waste"

What a leader.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks...and no not looking for a debate at all...just trying to find some facts amid the noise.
    sorry for not answering. I really didn't want to get into it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obama wants your guns.

Mwa-ha-ha-ha.
    Obama did the right thing leaving this issue alone during his first term. Obviously the massacre at Newtown and overwhelming public anti-gun rights sentiment made dealing with this issue unavoidable for him.

The thing is gun control is a waste of taxpayer and law enforcement resources. Same way all these asinine anti-ilegal immigrant laws the tea partiers try to introduce every election year are. Even if guns were banned and the 2nd Amendment was overturned there are already so many firearms out there we're talking over 250 million privately owned firearms in circulation nationwide. Just a waste of time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has it occurred to you to read it? Or do you just always rely on guys from a Jets message board to do your political homework for you?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Obama did the right thing leaving this issue alone during his first term. Obviously the massacre at Newtown and overwhelming public anti-gun rights sentiment made dealing with this issue unavoidable for him.

The thing is gun control is a waste of taxpayer and law enforcement resources. Same way all these asinine anti-ilegal immigrant laws the tea partiers try to introduce every election year are. Even if guns were banned and the 2nd Amendment was overturned there are already so many firearms out there we're talking over 250 million privately owned firearms in circulation nationwide. Just a waste of time.
    Not to get off topic here, but the Tea Party just wants the Federal Govt to enforce the immigration laws that are currently on the books.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Has it occurred to you to read it? Or do you just always rely on guys from a Jets message board to do your political homework for you?
    Where can I read it?

actually what's wrong with asking you guys? You seem pretty knowledgable.

Why the hostility bro?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Not to get off topic here, but the Tea Party just wants the Federal Govt to enforce the immigration laws that are currently on the books.
    Marco Rubio doesn't want that, he wants to reform immigration.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    They should include a ballistic fingerprint with the gun serial number on the registration.

Who qualifies what is mentally incompetent? How does being mentally incompetent deny you of 2nd amendment rights?

You can be deemed mentality incompetent by virtue of previous actions or behavior. Happens all the time.
    The nut file needs to be merged with the can't have a gun file.