Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I believe Mark Sanchez can bring us back to the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Bull****.

In 2010 Sanchez was a big part of us getting to the playoffs. Did we forget all those comeback drives he led us on. If it wasnt for them, we wouldnt have made the playoffs.

I know Sanchez isnt popular, but let's call a spade a spade.

And to answer this thread, no. Mark's time in NY is up.
    As we all know Mark Sanchez had 20 interceptions 12 tds and a 63 rating his rookie year. 9 out of 10 times that gives you a top 10 pick in the draft not a playoff birth. Russel Wilson brought his team to the playoffs. Mark held a great team from winning the division instead getting a wildcard.

His sophomore year he had a below avg 17tds 13int and a 75 rating. 7 out of 10 times that gives you a 7-9 to 8-8 season. Nothing to talk about.

MARK SANCHEZ HAS NEVER IN HIS LIFE HAD A BETTER THAN BELOW AVERAGE YEAR. HE IS THE DEFINITION OF S-H-I-T!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    I respect your opinion but I think Sanchez is broken mentally he needs to go to a small market like Tampa or Jax and lick his wounds and get over the butt fumble etc and start fresh. Now don't get me wrong if he is are starter I will be behind him 100%
    I think some fans need to get over the butt fumble. I'd guess Sanchez doesn't think about it like many here obsess over the 1 play.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    think of Mark Sanchez as Trent Dilfer, thats what he is.
    I wish he was that good.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    I wish he was that good.
    i think he could be in the right situation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    You are a ****ing loser.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I think some fans need to get over the butt fumble. I'd guess Sanchez doesn't think about it like many here obsess over the 1 play.
    Agreed, forget the butt fumble, lets concentrate on his fragile mindedness and lack of ability to be tough minded which is essential for an NFL QB. He doesn't have it, so as a synopsis he sucks as an NFL QB.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    elite QB's make everyone look better. I know GB has good receivers, but their RB's and OL are nothing special year in year out.
    Honestly I don't think Rodgers would have done squat the past 2 years. The O has been complete sh*t.

Interesting 2009 Pre-Draft report. Also look at the reports for Wilk, Coples, Tebow. All pretty accurate.

Mark Sanchez's Scouting Report
    By Matt McGuire

Strengths: Solid size and adequate bulk ... Impressive statistical production in junior season ... Extremely fluid athlete ... Outstanding mobility ... Great pocket awareness and knows how to step up into and around the pocket to get the ball off ... Has the sixth sense for the pass rush ... Strong arm and can make all the NFL throws, but it isn't elite ... Very solid, consistent accuracy ... Fluid footwork ... Very quick release ... Nice touch on the football ... Throws a sweet deep ball ... Looks like a natural in the pocket and throwing the ball on the run .... Highly intelligent ... Spent four years at USC around a traditional West Coast playbook ... Field general ... Reportedly great work ethic ... Extremely high upside.

Weaknesses:Very inexperienced; only threw 487 pass attempts in his career with only one year of starting experience ... Started out hot, but had inconsistent accuracy during the middle of the season ... Unimpressive as a sophomore ... Needs a little more work on reading defenses ... Could put on a few more pounds of muscle ... Major durability concerns ... Will likely need a year with a clipboard before he is ready to start ... Got arrested for sexual assault as a freshman, but there was no found evidence.

Summary: Talent-wise, I absolutely love Mark Sanchez. I think he has more natural talent than Matthew Stafford. BUT, Stafford has the experience factor and arm strength over Sanchez which will propel him to be the first quarterback taken. Sanchez has it all when you talk about a franchise quarterback, and the work ethic Matt Leinart does not. The team that drafts Sanchez might have to be a little patient. The sexual assault charge does not concern me at all (no evidence, no further problems) and it will not concern GMs.

Player Comparison: Aaron Rodgers. When I saw Rodgers play at Cal, I saw a natural at quarterback with the ability to improvise outside the pocket. Sanchez has the same level of athleticism, and both are proficient passers.

www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreports.php

Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    What qb would play well with a sub-par oline, a division 3 receiving corps and an avg rb? Not to mention Sparano running the O.
    Didnt Pennington do this?

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Did Sanchez get his bus driver's license this off season?
    Ralph Cramden's School of briving a dus lol

Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    Didnt Pennington do this?
    Sparano wasn't running the O. Dan Henning was.

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Bull****.

In 2010 Sanchez was a big part of us getting to the playoffs. Did we forget all those comeback drives he led us on. If it wasnt for them, we wouldnt have made the playoffs.

I know Sanchez isnt popular, but let's call a spade a spade.

And to answer this thread, no. Mark's time in NY is up.
    Bahaha.. I guess we just forget about we were trailing all those mostly average or bellow average teams because of the poor play by mark in the 3 and 3/4 quarters..

Dump Tebow and get some real receivers on this team. Sanchez played horribly last year but any qb not named Manning or Brady would have self-destructed with this joke of an offensive roster.

-- Yeah, it's not hip or trendy among Jets fans to take this position but it's the most accurate.

All League
    Interesting 2009 Pre-Draft report. Also look at the reports for Wilk, Coples, Tebow. All pretty accurate.

By Matt McGuire

Strengths: Solid size and adequate bulk ... Impressive statistical production in junior season ... Extremely fluid athlete ... Outstanding mobility ... Great pocket awareness and knows how to step up into and around the pocket to get the ball off ... Has the sixth sense for the pass rush ... Strong arm and can make all the NFL throws, but it isn't elite ... Very solid, consistent accuracy ... Fluid footwork ... Very quick release ... Nice touch on the football ... Throws a sweet deep ball ... Looks like a natural in the pocket and throwing the ball on the run .... Highly intelligent ... Spent four years at USC around a traditional West Coast playbook ... Field general ... Reportedly great work ethic ... Extremely high upside.

Weaknesses:Very inexperienced; only threw 487 pass attempts in his career with only one year of starting experience ... Started out hot, but had inconsistent accuracy during the middle of the season ... Unimpressive as a sophomore ... Needs a little more work on reading defenses ... Could put on a few more pounds of muscle ... Major durability concerns ... Will likely need a year with a clipboard before he is ready to start ... Got arrested for sexual assault as a freshman, but there was no found evidence.

Summary: Talent-wise, I absolutely love Mark Sanchez. I think he has more natural talent than Matthew Stafford. BUT, Stafford has the experience factor and arm strength over Sanchez which will propel him to be the first quarterback taken. Sanchez has it all when you talk about a franchise quarterback, and the work ethic Matt Leinart does not. The team that drafts Sanchez might have to be a little patient. The sexual assault charge does not concern me at all (no evidence, no further problems) and it will not concern GMs.

Player Comparison: Aaron Rodgers. When I saw Rodgers play at Cal, I saw a natural at quarterback with the ability to improvise outside the pocket. Sanchez has the same level of athleticism, and both are proficient passers.

Yikes!

I have always liked Sanchez. Last year was very bitter though, as he didn't show anything at all in crucial year with tons of variables. I would not be surprised to see him succeed but perhaps and unfortunately in a different uniform.

By Matt McGuire

Now this is why I'm optimistic about Sanchez this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    What qb would play well with a sub-par oline, a division 3 receiving corps and an avg rb? Not to mention Sparano running the O.
    the sub-par oline excuse for Sanchez is the biggest lump of steaming BS!

3 of the 5 Jets Lineman were returning pro-bowler. Austin Howard played pretty darn well this past season.

Sanchez flat out sucks. He doesn't see the field or plays developing. In college or prior you can get away with that (playing with USC 4-5 star recruits in many games against 2 star at best college db recruits).

The Jets great defense, OL play, and running game covered up his stink for his first two seasons.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by andybernard View Post
    the sub-par oline excuse for Sanchez is the biggest lump of steaming BS!

3 of the 5 Jets Lineman were returning pro-bowler. Austin Howard played pretty darn well this past season.

Sanchez flat out sucks. He doesn't see the field or plays developing. In college or prior you can get away with that (playing with USC 4-5 star recruits in many games against 2 star at best college db recruits).

The Jets great defense, OL play, and running game covered up his stink for his first two seasons.
    If I had the power to ban you twice I would!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    I'll let you know what drugs im on when they wear off.
    me to soon as we surround him with the ravens 2000 defense, redskins hog line of the early 80's and walter payton, larry csonka and the bills special teams of the 90's with jerry rice, moss, and maynard in the slot.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Sanchez will have his chance come training camp....I am not optimistic but if I am wrong then it will be a good thing.

By Matt McGuire

I have a hard time reconciling the difference between the "Weaknesses" and "Summary". "Inconsistent accuracy" and "natural talent" just don't jive well together.

The guy must be one hell of a charmer in person or something. How else to explain Rex Ryan's undying devotion (and the tattoo) despite Sanchez's mediocre statistics from the start and the embarrassing struggles of last year.