Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I believe Mark Sanchez can bring us back to the playoffs

All League

Angry

And the **** I took on this board for being one of the first to say the sissy little pretty boy from Cali was a bust!!!!

I hated being soooo right about that one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Passepartout View Post
    He brought the team the first two seasons of his term but now he has fallen off!
    Man, it's like Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    I have a hard time reconciling the difference between the "Weaknesses" and "Summary". "Inconsistent accuracy" and "natural talent" just don't jive well together.

The guy must be one hell of a charmer in person or something. How else to explain Rex Ryan's undying devotion (and the tattoo) despite Sanchez's mediocre statistics from the start and the embarrassing struggles of last year.
    The kid went to like every game of Rex' s son HS games. He was the biggest kissass.. But lets not blame Rex, when did MT EVER provide Rex with a anywhere near capable backup? Kellen Clemens 1 yr, mark Brunell for 2, and tebow/McElroy this yr. giants have 1 of best qbs in nfl yet they still have solid backup in carr.. I was pissed at rex for not giving McElroy a chance, but when he started that game and was throwing hs football ducks when he tried to throw more than 8 yards I could not blame Rex. Now I see why he was a 6th rd pick.. Smart kid though..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    The kid went to like every game of Rex' s son HS games. He was the biggest kissass.. But lets not blame Rex, when did MT EVER provide Rex with a anywhere near capable backup? Kellen Clemens 1 yr, mark Brunell for 2, and tebow/McElroy this yr. giants have 1 of best qbs in nfl yet they still have solid backup in carr.. I was pissed at rex for not giving McElroy a chance, but when he started that game and was throwing hs football ducks when he tried to throw more than 8 yards I could not blame Rex. Now I see why he was a 6th rd pick.. Smart kid though..
    Stanton was a capable back up....

Jets Insider VIP
    As long as he is either strapped to the bench or inactive for 16 games behind Garrard and McElroy where he can't piss away game after game after game after game with interceptions and fumbles.

If the TTM gets on the field, playoff hopes are doomed.as every real Jet fan knows.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    I'll let you know what drugs im on when they wear off.
    I believe he can too. Now with that said, Let's go ahead and give someone else a chance. Gerrard, or Dysert can bring us to the playoffs too.

Now about those drugs you were on. Still waiting

Truly good QB's ELEVATE the play of everyone around them. They have this unique ability of being able to make Chicken Salad out of Chicken sh*t.

Sanchez NEVER did that. Not even so much as ONE time.

That's why he'll NEVER be a good QB. He lacks the ability to do what other QB's do.

BOTTOM LINE

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Interesting 2009 Pre-Draft report. Also look at the reports for Wilk, Coples, Tebow. All pretty accurate.

Mark Sanchez's Scouting Report
    By Matt McGuire

Strengths: Solid size and adequate bulk ... Impressive statistical production in junior season ... Extremely fluid athlete ... Outstanding mobility ... Great pocket awareness and knows how to step up into and around the pocket to get the ball off ... Has the sixth sense for the pass rush ... Strong arm and can make all the NFL throws, but it isn't elite ... Very solid, consistent accuracy ... Fluid footwork ... Very quick release ... Nice touch on the football ... Throws a sweet deep ball ... Looks like a natural in the pocket and throwing the ball on the run .... Highly intelligent ... Spent four years at USC around a traditional West Coast playbook ... Field general ... Reportedly great work ethic ... Extremely high upside.

Weaknesses:Very inexperienced; only threw 487 pass attempts in his career with only one year of starting experience ... Started out hot, but had inconsistent accuracy during the middle of the season ... Unimpressive as a sophomore ... Needs a little more work on reading defenses ... Could put on a few more pounds of muscle ... Major durability concerns ... Will likely need a year with a clipboard before he is ready to start ... Got arrested for sexual assault as a freshman, but there was no found evidence.

Summary: Talent-wise, I absolutely love Mark Sanchez. I think he has more natural talent than Matthew Stafford. BUT, Stafford has the experience factor and arm strength over Sanchez which will propel him to be the first quarterback taken. Sanchez has it all when you talk about a franchise quarterback, and the work ethic Matt Leinart does not. The team that drafts Sanchez might have to be a little patient. The sexual assault charge does not concern me at all (no evidence, no further problems) and it will not concern GMs.

Player Comparison: Aaron Rodgers. When I saw Rodgers play at Cal, I saw a natural at quarterback with the ability to improvise outside the pocket. Sanchez has the same level of athleticism, and both are proficient passers.

www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreports.php

He was very elusive in the pocket and did have a sixth-sense. He lost that when the O-line degraded and he was getting killed on every play. He has Jim Everett syndrome now.

Could he shake it and get his pocket awareness and elusiveness back? Probably not, but I'll give him 1 more chance under MM..

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    think of Mark Sanchez as Trent Dilfer, thats what he is.
    Trent Dilfers playoff stats.

6 games. 4 tds and 4 ints. 43.7% completion rating. 66 QB rating

Mark Sanchez's Playoff stats:

6 games. 9 tds and 3 ints. 60.61 completion rating. 94.3 QB rating.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Trent Dilfers playoff stats.

6 games. 4 tds and 4 ints. 43.7% completion rating. 66 QB rating

Mark Sanchez's Playoff stats:

6 games. 9 tds and 3 ints. 60.61 completion rating. 94.3 QB rating.
    Who knows if Sanchez would have been better off had we a vet starter in place like Chad did behind Vinny 2 years and Rogers for 3 years behind Favre.

All Sanchez ever needed to do as a Jet was not shoot himself or the team on the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Who knows if Sanchez would have been better off had we a vet starter in place like Chad did behind Vinny 2 years and Rogers for 3 years behind Favre.
    It's all speculation at this point, but personally I feel that with that kind of learning period (along with much better coaching than he had), we would have seen the Sanchez we saw from the first few games of '09 for a much longer period.

If you remember: that guy avoided the rush, converted 3rd & longs, hit bombs down the field, played aggressively and with fire. Everybody talking about his most recent weapons (or lack thereof) has forgotten that he won his first three games with solid QB play while throwing to Chansi Stuckey and Jerricho Cotchery.

I just think that his lack of experience, combined with poor coaching and the fact that he was rushed into the starting role eliminated his ability to deal well with adversity. Could easily be wrong, but I don't believe he would have been the mentally fragile guy we see today had he had the opportunity to develop.

All League
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozX8XiUaIRI

This is the same guy....with receiving threats and a o-line..

I'm starting to get a little sick of making excuses for Sanchez, but I still believe he has the talent to help us make the playoffs with the right pieces around him. Let's face it, he is far from an elite QB, but he certainly isn't Jimmy Clausen.

Look at the dolphins with Ryan Tannehill. They just locked up Wallace, Hartline, Keller, and Gibson. All they need is a tackle and RB in the draft and they will have basically built an offense around their QB. Same with the Falcons and Matt Ryan.

Last year, we lacked depth and height at the WR position. If we would have just re-signed Plax (9 TD year before), I bet Sanchez's stats and turnovers are a little better. Plus we would have had at least 1 red zone threat. I'm not saying Sanchez is great and there are a lot of times where he is really bad, but I don't see any QBs flourishing in the sh*t we put Sanchez in last year.

Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post

The throws he makes sometimes make you realize that he has the talent. Watching this made me wish Braylon was on our team full time last year with Holmes and Keller healthy. The Jets really need to get some playmakers back on offense.

Also that roll out pass to I think it was LT was a ridiculous run after catch.

Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post

First 2 catches by Holmes after the 1 minute mark, no receiver from last year would have made those (other than Holmes himself). Maybe Kerley, unlikely though.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    I'll let you know what drugs im on when they wear off.
    Only took 3 and a half months for some posters to start talking themselves into Sanchez again. Last year we saw same thing, only Sanchez's ability/"success" was used as a way to reject the possibility of us obtaining Peyton

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Only took 3 and a half months for some posters to start talking themselves into Sanchez again. Last year we saw same thing, only Sanchez's ability/"success" was used as a way to reject the possibility of us obtaining Peyton
    Kinda like the old Pennington arm-strength-has-improved-in-the-offseason articles.

Jets Insider VIP
    Who knows what is possible. Anything is possible including the Resurrection of Sanchez to his original potential; however, it isn't very good percentage at this point in time. He is spoiled by money and time. It is just too hard and unlikely for him to overcome his weaknesses and take us to the promised land. For the Jets and fans it is more of waiting till we can get somebody else who has not been spoiled by ghost of the past.