Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I believe Mark Sanchez can bring us back to the playoffs

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never stopped believing in Sanchez. I'm just not a vocal poster here anymore. Even with that said if he doesn't pick up his play this season ill finally admit its time to move on.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    And the **** I took on this board for being one of the first to say the sissy little pretty boy from Cali was a bust!!!!

I hated being soooo right about that one.
    Just BARELY completes 60% of his passes BEHIND the LOS. That has NOTHING to do with the quality of his receivers or the level of competition he faces.

You were right. Me, personally, I wanted him to be great and held on too long.

Has a QB EVER had a completion % behind the line that low...at ANY level?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    I never stopped believing in Sanchez. I'm just not a vocal poster here anymore. Even with that said if he doesn't pick up his play this season ill finally admit its time to move on.
    The WCO package Morhinweg is bringing from Philly is QB friendly. It fooled the NFL into making complete scrubs like AJ Feeley and Kevin Kolb look like they were "up and coming." Maybe the short dink and dunk quick passes to Goodson, Kerley and hopefully Eifert or Ertz help Sanchez.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    The WCO package Morhinweg is bringing from Philly is QB friendly. It fooled the NFL into making complete scrubs like AJ Feeley and Kevin Kolb look like they were "up and coming." Maybe the short dink and dunk quick passes to Goodson, Kerley and hopefully Eifert or Ertz help Sanchez.
    The problem with this is that Sanchez has horrible accuracy with the short passing game. He has no touch and can't throw a screen pass, and how many times have we seen passes batted down at the line of scrimmage on those 3 step drops?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    The problem with this is that Sanchez has horrible accuracy with the short passing game. He has no touch and can't throw a screen pass, and how many times have we seen passes batted down at the line of scrimmage on those 3 step drops?
    Sanchez has one of the worst at or behind the line completion % in the league, it's laughably bad to the point of questioning NFL-level competency ... the success of this new offense is basically predicated on Sanchez learning how to complete a simple touch pass and Goodson morphing into LeSean McCoy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    we know you're a pats fan, so Sanchez being one of the worst should make you joyful. Sadly, Gramps in New England only has a year or two left and after that, you can experience an even worse version of Sanchez in Ryan Mullet

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe my sh*t doesn't stink

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that Gerrard, or Sanchez could have the Jets competitive if they draft a starting guard, plus Austin, Plus Ertz, and trade a 5th for Ivory.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe Sanchez will bring the JETS to the playoffs driving a bus for NJ. Transit,since he won't have a starting QB job in the NFL anymore!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Sanchez has one of the worst at or behind the line completion % in the league, it's laughably bad to the point of questioning NFL-level competency ... the success of this new offense is basically predicated on Sanchez learning how to complete a simple touch pass and Goodson morphing into LeSean McCoy.
    LOL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL
    Sanchez has graded out by PFF, which tracks every throw that a QB makes, as one of the worst QBs throwing at short distance in the league. Do you care to dispute that or do you just hate me?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Sanchez has graded out by PFF, which tracks every throw that a QB makes, as one of the worst QBs throwing at short distance in the league. Do you care to dispute that or do you just hate me?
    It was definitely difficult to watch Sanchez throw some short passes last year. There was the one in San Fran I remember that got tipped and picked and that was just horrendous. With that being said, he was also throwing to Greene a lot who probably won't catch a pass all year with the Titans. Greene was slow and lacked the ability to create any space even with a LB.

For our week 1 starting QB, you have to imagine with Goodson, an improved Powell, and if we get Ivory that the RB will create some more mismatches. Plus, all have the ability to take it to the house. All we need is a deep threat to emerge and the field should open up. Remember, Marty is the same guy that helped Westbrook get over 3,500 yards receiving with the Eagles. He had 4 years with over 600 yards receiving, and 2 of those years he had over 1,000 yards rushing, which is just incredible production.
    Last edited by CoreyWill; 04-20-2013 at 05:48 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe pigs can fly.