Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: If the Jets had the 1st overall pick

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Have not seen him projected higher than no. 3 anywhere .
    Yes, and ???? The question was who would you take if you had the 1st overall pick? We have a pro bowl or near pro bowl caliber LT already. We lost Pouha and Devito.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Easy, S. Floyd. It's not even a question.
    This. Without question.

  3. #23
    Dion Jordan... Easily.

    Elite sack potential, great athleticism, near perfect body for it.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    This. Without question.
    No chance at Floyd being the pick... He's a 3 technique through and through. I don't think he's capable of dominating at the NFL level because his shorter arms are going to give him problems at the next level. His entire game is based with his hands. His absolute upside is Warren Sapp, but I'm not completely sure he's as good as Sapp was.

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,121
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    No chance at Floyd being the pick... He's a 3 technique through and through. I don't think he's capable of dominating at the NFL level .
    I don't think you're capable of evaluating NFL talent. It's you versus every paid scout... who coincidentally have been falling head of heels for Floyd.


    Let's see... All of NFL talent evaluators vs 1983 hmmm

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I don't think you're capable of evaluating NFL talent. It's you versus every paid scout... who coincidentally have been falling head of heels for Floyd.


    Let's see... All of NFL talent evaluators vs 1983 hmmm
    It's all opinion. I'm sorry you disagree with mine. Or place so much emphasis on the scouts opinions. What fun is it if you don't sit there on your own and try to figure things out for yourself? All I can say is that at least I'm going to bat with all of MY OWN opinions. For some dumb reason, this is a hobby of mine. I have been doing it as long as I can remember. Fortunately I don't have to go out of the way to download torrents of the games anymore because they are all essentially on youtube.


    I have no idea what your point is though, because if Floyd was available at 9 (Although he very likely will not be) we won't be picking him. Because our scouts correctly see that he doesn't fit. And that it doesn't suit our personnel situation.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Fisher ... Geno is Fools Gold.
    If Geno was in last year's draft he'd be a 3rd round pick.

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,121
    take floyd, switch to a 4-3, call '83 and tell him to stuff it. how's that?

    He can play whatever we want him to. A great team knows when to scheme to fit its roster. I'm zero percent worried that he wouldn't be used on the jets. i'm hundred percent concerned that you said "who cares what paid scouts think".

  9. #29
    Dion Jordan or Dee Milliner.

    That or as the above poster said, select Sharrif Floyd and move to a 43 front with Floyd and Coples as the DT's, Wilkerson as a DE and we'll find another DE somewhere along the line. Pace could play there for the time being.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    take floyd, switch to a 4-3, call '83 and tell him to stuff it. how's that?

    He can play whatever we want him to. A great team knows when to scheme to fit its roster. I'm zero percent worried that he wouldn't be used on the jets. i'm hundred percent concerned that you said "who cares what paid scouts think".
    Paid scouts have gotten it wrong how many times? It's all opinion. That's the fun of this. Nobody bats a thousand.

    I think Floyd will be a good player but you live in fantasy land if you think teams just flip their entire system to suit their players. That's one of those myths people have that just isn't true.


    Belichick has always had the same system. It's a simple 2-gapping style that sometimes involves a 4th down lineman and sometimes doesn't. The Steelers have always had the same system only with slight changes to their coverages in the back end.

    The Niners will always have that system, Pete Carroll will always have that system. The good teams try to get players who fit into what they are trying to do. They will always alter things SLIGHTLY, but not the drastic **** you are suggesting.

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,121
    well then i think we just differ on our opinions of Floyd. I think he's capable of scheme-diverse assignments.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    take floyd, switch to a 4-3, call '83 and tell him to stuff it. how's that?

    He can play whatever we want him to. A great team knows when to scheme to fit its roster. I'm zero percent worried that he wouldn't be used on the jets. i'm hundred percent concerned that you said "who cares what paid scouts think".
    Exactly.

    LOL

    It's a hypothetical question, first of all. Second, why are Jets fans so duped by "that guy doesn't fit our scheme"?

    It's like they're still under the influence of the 3 year transition we were sold by Mangini and Tannenbaum to the 3-4. The defense sucked because they couldn't find the players to fit it over 3 seasons, of course. NOT because Mangini was completely incapable of scheming to the talent he had. LOL

    Floyd and Warmack are talked about by the majority of scouts as the best players in this draft, overall. Floyd would be a no-brainer.

    Tackles and QBs get drafted higher, because of supply and demand, but from a pure scouting standpoint, those are the best 2 players of this draft, from all I've read.

  13. #33
    It would be a crummy year to have it. Zero value in the #1 pick this year. If a star QB or pass rusher isn't the clearcut guy for #1, it's not a good year to pick #1.

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Posts
    5,665
    trade down & down!

  15. #35
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Posts
    5,665
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    It would be a crummy year to have it. Zero value in the #1 pick this year. If a star QB or pass rusher isn't the clearcut guy for #1, it's not a good year to pick #1.
    agree next year has both


    Bridgewater & Clowney

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us