Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: In Corona....any suggestions for a good place to chow?

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165

    In Corona....any suggestions for a good place to chow?

    Leaving town tomm...got 6 of my coworkers with me. Where to go?

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,032
    Leave Corona before you end up in East Elmhurst or worse.

    Otherwise, hit up La Brisa for some Dominican or Rincon Criollo for Cuban (think that one was on Diners, Drive ins and Dives).

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Leave Corona before you end up in East Elmhurst or worse.

    Otherwise, hit up La Brisa for some Dominican or Rincon Criollo for Cuban (think that one was on Diners, Drive ins and Dives).
    Nice! Gonna head out for the Cuban place. Only 3 of us...because the other numbnuts have never been out of WNY beforw and are scared. They'd rather eat hotel wings and frozen pizza.

    Deeks.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,032
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Nice! Gonna head out for the Cuban place. Only 3 of us...because the other numbnuts have never been out of WNY beforw and are scared. They'd rather eat hotel wings and frozen pizza.

    Deeks.
    Cool, have a good time!

  5. #5
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,501
    The only thing I know about Rincon Criollo are the rumors about the chef blowing loads into the food. Other than that, I hear they serve the coldest cerveza in the hood!

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,763
    King of Italian Ices

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,476
    Mama's on 104th st. for the best Italian sangwhiches.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,273
    Did a job at the Corona theater about 8 years ago. Don't remember where I ate.

    You're welcome for the help. 'specially a day late.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,857
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Leaving town tomm...got 6 of my coworkers with me. Where to go?
    Immigration and Naturalization?

  10. #10
    Parkside Cafe is excellent

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,532
    If you are looking for something to do you should just go to a local restaurant.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,906
    Quote Originally Posted by OurOwnerIsARealWoody View Post
    Parkside Cafe is excellent
    If you are in Corona and are looking for an amazing meal, you MUST eat at the Parkside. It is one of the best restaurants in New York, let alone Queens.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    If you are in Corona and are looking for an amazing meal, you MUST eat at the Parkside. It is one of the best restaurants in New York, let alone Queens.
    I'll have to try that in 2 weeks when I'm back in the area. The Cuban place was great....

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,476
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    If you are looking for something to do you should just go to a local restaurant.
    Southside must refer to the part of your body your brain is located.


    -

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,032
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    I'll have to try that in 2 weeks when I'm back in the area. The Cuban place was great....
    Yea, you're welcome, ingrate.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Yea, you're welcome, ingrate.
    Lolz!

    Good suggestion, Works

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us