Thread: Brazilian Toddler Wakes Up at His Funeral, Then Lays Down and Dies

Jets Insider VIP

Brazilian Toddler Wakes Up at His Funeral, Then Lays Down and Dies

Brazilian Toddler Wakes Up at His Funeral
    After he's pronounced dead, a two-year-old briefly comes back to life.

Back in the old days, when someone died, you'd have a "wake" for them. While we still do this today, the reasoning isn't the same. These days, we do it to remember our lost loved one, to look at old pictures together and commiserate. Back then, though, wakes were held to make sure the person was really dead, which is the subject of this story. Earlier this month in Brazil, a two-year-old boy woke up at his own funeral, asked for some water, then laid back down, only this time, he was actually dead.

The child's family was naturally devastated.

The boy's father, Antonio Santos, said, "Everybody started to scream, we couldn't believe our eyes. Then we thought a miracle had taken place and our boy had come back to life. Then Kelvin just laid back down, the way he was. We couldn't wake him. He was dead again."

The family rushed the boy back to the hospital, where doctors reexamined him but pronounced him dead again, unfortunately.

"They assured me that he really was dead and gave me no explanation for what we had just seen and heard," Santos said.

Kelvin Santos had supposedly died earlier that week, and the doctors said at the time that he had stopped breathing during pneumonia treatment. Santos said that his son was a victim of medical malpractice, and has registered a complaint with the police.

"Dead people don't just wake up and talk. I'm determined to find out the truth," Santos said.

The family delayed the funeral for a while just to make sure, but ended up burying the boy later that day.
    This has gone too far. The kid played dead for a week! See what happens when you train these kids from a very young age to fake injuries in a soccer game.

Hall Of Fame
    How is this possible? Did they not embalm him?

Hall Of Fame
    I'd definitely want to be cremated (no French fry jokes please, I'm trying to be serious here) over buried. I mean, would you rather break down chemically to your core elements slowly over time, or would you just want to get it over with as quickly as possible? And most of you ends up in the sky. Why not there over the ground?

Anyway, just had to share that, mostly to get this story off my mind, because it's creepy as hell.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I think I'd like to get stuffed and mounted. Then, when I die, perhaps cremated.

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    I think I'd like to get stuffed and mounted. Then, when I die, perhaps cremated.
    lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Take this kind of talk to the Carrie Rhodes thread! I want none of it here.

This is serious talk.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Lmao... that's almost sig quote worthy

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Lol...btw..did they ever get him the water? Twould suck if they found out teh dehydration gots him.

Hall Of Fame
    just make sure they do it in the correct order. necrophilia is illegal in most states...

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

Lol...btw..did they ever get him the water? Twould suck if they found out teh dehydration gots him.
    Lolz you sick basterd

All Pro
    Well well well.. Sounds like date night in prison.

Was the kid named Finnegan?