Thread: SI Don Banks Mock 6.0

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

SI Don Banks Mock 6.0

Jets
    9 Dee Milliner
    CB Alabama
    Jr.6-0201
    Well, whaddya know. Maybe the Jets' luck is changing, because here sits the draft's top-rated cornerback, which makes it quite clear in that sign-from-God sort of way that they're supposed to trade you-know-who to Tampa Bay and get on with the business of trying to annoy the Patriots. Don't worry, Rex-heads. Barkevious Mingo might still be in your future.

Jets
    13 Barkevious Mingo
    DE/OLB LSU
    Sr.6-4241
    Acquired from Buccaneers. We're still projecting the Bucs and Jets to make the Darrelle Revis trade before the No. 13 selection comes around -- pause buttons can be un-pressed at a moment's notice, you know -- with New York coming out of the first round with both its new starting corner in Milliner and the play-making Mingo. I don't think even a Jets fan could figure out a way to boo that draft-night maneuver.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2QnWN5Tnd

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    DUMB!!

you only trade the best cb on the planet if you think you have other areas that are more important to address. to essentially trade revis for milliner is just idiotic.

if we trade revis it will be a 9/13 combo such as

cooper/mingo
    cooper/star
    mingo/eifert

cant see anyway its 2 defensive players...maybe 2 offense.

cooper/eifert also makes a ton of sense...defense in the 2nd.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would prefer G and OLB top 2 picks (if Mevis happens) and possibly QB in round 2 if nice value. BPA

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You get that package that would be amazing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    DUMB!!

you only trade the best cb on the planet if you think you have other areas that are more important to address. to essentially trade revis for milliner is just idiotic.

cooper/mingo
    cooper/star
    mingo/eifert

Except you are not trading Revis for just one pick, it is a package of picks. Plus the #9 pick has nothing to do with the Revis trade. So the Jets shouldnt draft a CB at all this year just because they traded Revis??

Honestly, IF Milliner is there at 9 I think he represents a great opportunity to trade down. Milliner and Johnson are probably the two most likely players that teams would trade up for.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    DUMB!!

cooper/mingo
    cooper/star
    mingo/eifert

Man, how do you forget that revis wants 15-16 a year and the bucs are giving that to him once he gets dealt? Once again, let the entire board remind you. Revis knows theres a market for him above 15 mill, and he is going to wait to get it. Woody is not going to pay for it. We are going to lose him for nothing if we dont trade him. It's not like rex is sick of the best cb on his field

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    Man, how do you forget that revis wants 15-16 a year and the bucs are giving that to him once he gets dealt? Once again, let the entire board remind you. Revis knows theres a market for him above 15 mill, and he is going to wait to get it. Woody is not going to pay for it. We are going to lose him for nothing if we dont trade him. It's not like rex is sick of the best cb on his field

i am of the camp that thinks you do not pay a cb 15mil a year. cromartie vs their best wr and adding a pass rusher is what i want to see. getting rid of revis to replace him with milliner...only to potentially have the same problem in 5 years is dumb. give me pass rushers and fast linebackers!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    DUMB!!

Agreed. Considerations like health, salary, and long term future with the team are completely irrelevant to intelligent decisionmaking

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    Exactly. I am not a big fan of taking Millner only because he will always suck in comparison to Revis. The pressure to replace Revis could be too much for a young kid. But to not take him for Dbakes reasons is idiotic.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Except you are not trading Revis for just one pick, it is a package of picks. Plus the #9 pick has nothing to do with the Revis trade. So the Jets shouldnt draft a CB at all this year just because they traded Revis??

Honestly, IF Milliner is there at 9 I think he represents a great opportunity to trade down. Milliner and Johnson are probably the two most likely players that teams would trade up for.
    You are trading Revis for (hopefully) 3 picks plus the huge difference in salary. Forget the dead cap money, that is there if he is on the team or not. Revis wants 12+ million a year, the #9 pick will get more like 3-4.

So you are trading Revis for the best corner in the draft, 2 other mid round picks, and about 8-9 million a year in cap space. Which can be used to get a safety and a guard, or something like that.

So, your trade would be
    Revis for Milliner +3rd +5th + medium priced guard + medium priced safety.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    Jets
    9 Dee Milliner
    CB Alabama
    Jr.6-0201
    Well, whaddya know. Maybe the Jets' luck is changing, because here sits the draft's top-rated cornerback, which makes it quite clear in that sign-from-God sort of way that they're supposed to trade you-know-who to Tampa Bay and get on with the business of trying to annoy the Patriots. Don't worry, Rex-heads. Barkevious Mingo might still be in your future.

Jets
    13 Barkevious Mingo
    DE/OLB LSU
    Sr.6-4241
    Acquired from Buccaneers. We're still projecting the Bucs and Jets to make the Darrelle Revis trade before the No. 13 selection comes around -- pause buttons can be un-pressed at a moment's notice, you know -- with New York coming out of the first round with both its new starting corner in Milliner and the play-making Mingo. I don't think even a Jets fan could figure out a way to boo that draft-night maneuver.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2QnWN5Tnd
    I would LOVE for this to happen

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Agreed. Considerations like health, salary, and long term future with the team are completely irrelevant to intelligent decisionmaking
    of course they are....u missed my point...move along.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Exactly. I am not a big fan of taking Millner only because he will always suck in comparison to Revis. The pressure to replace Revis could be too much for a young kid. But to not take him for Dbakes reasons is idiotic.
    and to not take him because he wont compare to revis is a good one!!! dope.

i do not want to take any pass rusher this year...no way will they ever compare to gastineau!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post

Yes sir...I'd love to see the Jets trade down in the first and garner more picks....but of course you need the willing partner.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    Yes sir...I'd love to see the Jets trade down in the first and garner more picks....but of course you need the willing partner.
    agree...everybody wants to trade down 4,5,6 spots still get the guy "they want" and get more picks...good luck.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    and to not take him because he wont compare to revis is a good one!!! dope.

i do not want to take any pass rusher this year...no way will they ever compare to gastineau!!!
    I agree with you on Millner. I don't agree with you on the quality of the pass rushers. I like this year's group better than last year's, which is a fairer comparison than picking an old Jet.

Mingo/Jordan/Jones/Ansah > Irvin/C. Jones/Ingram

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    I agree with you on Millner. I don't agree with you on the quality of the pass rushers. I like this year's group better than last year's, which is a fairer comparison than picking an old Jet.

Mingo/Jordan/Jones/Ansah > Irvin/C. Jones/Ingram
    it was more of a joke to what the dope revischrist said.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    DUMB!!

cooper/mingo
    cooper/star
    mingo/eifert

Agree...

I see no way that we trade Revis and then just draft another CB with the first pick.

If you are trading Revis you are making the philosophical decision to allocate money and resources at other positions. The ultimate hope that Milliner would never reach would be to hope that he could become Revis anyway. Why trade Revis just to draft a guy who you HOPE could become the guy.

With 9 and 13, I like the idea of Eifert at 13 without a doubt. Even though he's a tight end, he's just nearly perfect. Excellent blocker. Excellent at everything.

At 9, the idea in my mind would be to take one of the pass rushers, with the ultimate hope of having Ansah or Jordan fall.

And this group of pass rushers is definitely better than last year's.
    Last edited by jetsfan1983; 04-18-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    You are trading Revis for (hopefully) 3 picks plus the huge difference in salary. Forget the dead cap money, that is there if he is on the team or not. Revis wants 12+ million a year, the #9 pick will get more like 3-4.

So you are trading Revis for the best corner in the draft, 2 other mid round picks, and about 8-9 million a year in cap space. Which can be used to get a safety and a guard, or something like that.

So, your trade would be
    Revis for Milliner +3rd +5th + medium priced guard + medium priced safety.
    I am not sure what your point is? My original point was that you can not rule out drafting a CB just because you traded Revis. You have to look at it like two entirely different transactions. One is getting the most value for trading Revis, and then the next is looking at your team as it stands now (no Revis), and make decisions based on that roster going forward as if Revis never existed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    agree...everybody wants to trade down 4,5,6 spots still get the guy "they want" and get more picks...good luck.
    That is 100% true, the "just trade down" scenario is not that easy, especially this year. I do think that Milliner and Johnson would be two players that teams would want to move up to 9 to trade for though.