Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SI Don Banks Mock 6.0

Let's draft only defense, that will be a great way to draft very high next year. We need to draft offense.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Can't imagine Millner dropping to us at 9 but agree that would be a great opportunity to trade back

Also couldn't imagine us going CB at 9

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Except you are not trading Revis for just one pick, it is a package of picks. Plus the #9 pick has nothing to do with the Revis trade. So the Jets shouldnt draft a CB at all this year just because they traded Revis??

Honestly, IF Milliner is there at 9 I think he represents a great opportunity to trade down. Milliner and Johnson are probably the two most likely players that teams would trade up for.
    +1 also the savings in cap space revis salary vs milliner

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I am not sure what your point is? My original point was that you can not rule out drafting a CB just because you traded Revis. You have to look at it like two entirely different transactions. One is getting the most value for trading Revis, and then the next is looking at your team as it stands now (no Revis), and make decisions based on that roster going forward as if Revis never existed.
    I was agreeing with you arguing against someone else, who said you can't trade Revis for Milliner.

I trade Revis. When my pick comes, I draft the BPA. If it is a corner, so be it. If it is a pass rusher, so be it. If it is a lineman, so be it.

This team needs talent. Needs talent all over the place, so just draft talent.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Let's draft only defense, that will be a great way to draft very high next year. We need to draft offense.
    Better to draft a defensive player you think will be an "A" type player than an offense player you think will be a "B" type player.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    I was agreeing with you arguing against someone else, who said you can't trade Revis for Milliner.

I trade Revis. When my pick comes, I draft the BPA. If it is a corner, so be it. If it is a pass rusher, so be it. If it is a lineman, so be it.

This team needs talent. Needs talent all over the place, so just draft talent.
    OK, got it. Thanks.

Probably won't happen but Milliner/Mingo would be awesome

If we trade Revis and Milliner happens to be BPA, I don't see a reason why we wouldn't

We would probably love to have Revis if he wasn't demanding an absolutely ridiculous contract......Milliner would only have the "Revis replacement" expectations by dumb people that don't get it, and would start out as a Nickel anyway......Just improve your team as best you can

All Pro
    You have to draft for value if you want to stay competitive. If that value is defensive, you go for it. Millner/Mingo is better than Cooper/Eifert or Cooper/Austin. Eifert would be a reach even at #13 and Austin is a second round talent who is going to hit a wall in the pro's. Cooper is worth the pick. Millner is worth the #9 and Mingo worth the #13. Those are fair valuations.

Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    DUMB!!

you only trade the best cb on the planet if you think you have other areas that are more important to address. to essentially trade revis for milliner is just idiotic.

if we trade revis it will be a 9/13 combo such as

cooper/mingo
    cooper/star
    mingo/eifert

cant see anyway its 2 defensive players...maybe 2 offense.

cooper/eifert also makes a ton of sense...defense in the 2nd.
    No - you are getting a player of the same caliber who didn't just have his knee reconstructed and costs exponentially less due to the new rookie pay scale. It allows you to keep strenght at the position and still have much more money to invest in other positions. IF this happens it is great. Also, we'll likely have two more draft picks (a thrid and a fifth i believe in the deal).

No - you draft value. You take the best player on the board at a position of need.

Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    No - you draft value. You take the best player on the board at a position of need.
    Which will likely be offense where we pick

All League
    No - you are getting a player of the same caliber who didn't just have his knee reconstructed and costs exponentially less due to the new rookie pay scale. It allows you to keep strenght at the position and still have much more money to invest in other positions. IF this happens it is great. Also, we'll likely have two more draft picks (a thrid and a fifth i believe in the deal).
    A GUY WHO NEVER PLAYED A DOWN IN THE NFL IS THE SAME CALIBER AS REVIS????!!!!!

i will stop my discussion with u now....carry on.

NO we NEED playmakers on this terrible offense. Our biggest need is we cant score. Im all for getting a passrushing linebacker but we need to address this offense.but to be honest anything you say is null to me after you said revis and milliner are same caliber player right now.You obviously don't know football very well.

Can't sign on to drafting a CB in the first round given the current makeup of the team (even with trading Revis). It would be monumentally stupid. I would actually be very angry if we spent both picks on D, not to mention passing on a potential franchise QB to take another corner??? Wow I would hate that

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Can't sign on to drafting a CB in the first round given the current makeup of the team (even with trading Revis). It would be monumentally stupid. I would actually be very angry if we spent both picks on D, not to mention passing on a potential franchise QB to take another corner??? Wow I would hate that
    Agreed 100%.

If we do trade Revis, then our starters are Cro and Wilson ... I don't want to draft another CB high, maybe for depth in rounds 4-7, but not 1-3.

With Cro, Wilson, and some of our other depth guys (Lankster, Trufant and so on) we should still be able to field a decent secondary. And you could "upgrade" all of your CB's in one go by getting a PASS RUSH for once.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by brol79 View Post
    NO we NEED playmakers on this terrible offense. Our biggest need is we cant score. Im all for getting a passrushing linebacker but we need to address this offense.but to be honest anything you say is null to me after you said revis and milliner are same caliber player right now.You obviously don't know football very well.
    If there were high end play makers there at 9, I'd be all for it. But no one seems to think that is the case. Look, I'm not in love with drafting an interior lineman, but I would rather draft a guard the Jets think will be great than draft a WR they hope will be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    If there were high end play makers there at 9, I'd be all for it. But no one seems to think that is the case. Look, I'm not in love with drafting an interior lineman, but I would rather draft a guard the Jets think will be great than draft a WR they hope will be decent.
    I hear what your saying.For me im very high on tavon Austin. I think he can help this offense a lot. A guy who can take it to the house from anywhere.Id even be ok with getting eifert.Think the guy will be a stud.Catches everything thrown to him and we all know how much qbs love their safety net tightends. If the jets are not high on them then take warmack/cooper or whatever linebacker they are in love with. Im just in love with the idea of loading up on talent on offense.

Would like to have a combo of Cooper and Austin/Eifert but I think if Millner is ther the Jets will take him

Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    You have to draft for value if you want to stay competitive. If that value is defensive, you go for it. Millner/Mingo is better than Cooper/Eifert or Cooper/Austin. Eifert would be a reach even at #13 and Austin is a second round talent who is going to hit a wall in the pro's. Cooper is worth the pick. Millner is worth the #9 and Mingo worth the #13. Those are fair valuations.
    What do you mean Austin will hit a wall in the pros?
    What does that mean?
    Secondaries have had their hands tied with new rules. Austin has moved into Mike Mayocks #1 receiver.
    This guy was designed for a WCO!
    Reverses, bubble screens, running as a RB, I'm going to say your wrong, but next year will tell the tale whether we take him or someone else.
    Jets need offensive skill players, period.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    What do you mean Austin will hit a wall in the pros?
    What does that mean?
    Secondaries have had their hands tied with new rules. Austin has moved into Mike Mayocks #1 receiver.
    This guy was designed for a WCO!
    Reverses, bubble screens, running as a RB, I'm going to say your wrong, but next year will tell the tale whether we take him or someone else.
    Jets need offensive skill players, period.
    Honest question -- do you not consider Holmes, Hill and Kerley "offensive skill players"?

Sure, Holmes has to come back healthy, Hill has to make improvements in year 2, and Kerley has to continue his upward trend as a pro. But isn't that just as risky as hoping a rookie pans out?

I think we have weapons, we just need them to be healthy/fill their potential. It's a deep WR draft and I hear there's some great value in the middle rounds.

I'm all for Austin if the team thinks he's a game changer. I'm just not a fan of "well, we gotta get SOMEBODY on that side of the ball, so let's use up our top pick to get a warm body . . . "