Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 84

Thread: 'Bama vs LSU... Chance > Mingo

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,120

    'Bama vs LSU... Chance > Mingo

    So i'm watching some more Warmack last night, as everything I'm hearing points to OG at @9... which I'm cool with. Nothing but a bunch "maybe" prospects this year at the top half...



    And man! Maybe it's because it's been a couple months since i watched Chance, but this guy's a fckin' tank out there. Snowman makin' machine!. Conversely Mingo again here looks no match Bama's oline... the dude is gonna get owned in the pros. In fact, Montgomery and Minter look better.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYVkEOzZkEM

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    So i'm watching some more Warmack last night, as everything I'm hearing points to OG at @9... which I'm cool with. Nothing but a bunch "maybe" prospects this year at the top half...



    And man! Maybe it's because it's been a couple months since i watched Chance, but this guy's a fckin' tank out there. Snowman makin' machine!. Conversely Mingo again here looks no match Bama's oline... the dude is gonna get owned in the pros. In fact, Montgomery and Minter look better.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYVkEOzZkEM
    I think Minter is going to have the best career out of all the LSU defensive players coming out this year.

  3. #3
    Again, in the pros, Mingo will not:

    1) Be playing with his hand in the dirt
    2) Be playing strong side end in four and three man fronts

    People want to say he's not "strong." The very fact that he had to play with his hand in the dirt (eliminating build-up speed) and didn't get manhandled by guys who are NINETY pounds heavier than him says something. The guy knows how to use his hands, especially when pass rushing.

    As a pro, he'll be playing in a two point stance outside of the tackle's outside shoulder and he'll be able to use his speed/explosiveness to keep the tackle on his heels.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,432
    I think who is picked with the number 9 depends a ton on if the revis deal goes through and we also get the 13.....but i do agree with you, idzik does not want to bust with a guy like mingo on his first ever pick as gm.....i really want star at the number 9 but starting to lean ur way, i think it might be warmack or cooper....for which i am fine with.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Again, in the pros, Mingo will not:

    1) Be playing with his hand in the dirt
    2) Be playing strong side end in four and three man fronts

    People want to say he's not "strong." The very fact that he had to play with his hand in the dirt (eliminating build-up speed) and didn't get manhandled by guys who are NINETY pounds heavier than him says something. The guy knows how to use his hands, especially when pass rushing.

    As a pro, he'll be playing in a two point stance outside of the tackle's outside shoulder and he'll be able to use his speed/explosiveness to keep the tackle on his heels.
    I want the Jets to draft a player who will come into the pros and dominate just like he did in college. I don't want anyone coming in who has to make adjustments, we already saw that with Gholston (well, now he doesn't have to have his hand in the dirt, he'll be free to do this and that). I saw Mingo profiled on NFL Net, he has got Maybin written all over him. You'll see, at the pro level, anyone gets his hands on Mingo, that's the end of the play for him.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Again, in the pros, Mingo will not:

    1) Be playing with his hand in the dirt
    2) Be playing strong side end in four and three man fronts

    People want to say he's not "strong." The very fact that he had to play with his hand in the dirt (eliminating build-up speed) and didn't get manhandled by guys who are NINETY pounds heavier than him says something. The guy knows how to use his hands, especially when pass rushing.

    As a pro, he'll be playing in a two point stance outside of the tackle's outside shoulder and he'll be able to use his speed/explosiveness to keep the tackle on his heels.
    Thank you. Paradis is doing a straw man here. Mingo will not be Quinton Coples... who would be an interesting match up with Warmack. They guy has a great motor, is relentless in pursuit, has great hands, athleticism, and takes good angles. Put outside at LB and he's your pass rusher of the future. Does he need to develop? Yes, of course. So does Jordan, not to mention Ansah. Is he better than Irvin? Yes, indeed. Much greater upside.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,167
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post
    I want the Jets to draft a player who will come into the pros and dominate just like he did in college. I don't want anyone coming in who has to make adjustments, we already saw that with Gholston (well, now he doesn't have to have his hand in the dirt, he'll be free to do this and that). I saw Mingo profiled on NFL Net, he has got Maybin written all over him. You'll see, at the pro level, anyone gets his hands on Mingo, that's the end of the play for him.
    So you want Jarvis Jones? I'd take Mingo. Greater upside. Mingo will be a beast in the pro's. You don't teach relentless pursuit. He's so far from Gholston in his playing style and his fluidity that it's ridiculous to even mention it.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,140
    I'd consider Warmack...in the 2nd round maybe.

  9. #9
    Warmack/Cooper are going to be BAP when we pick (assuming they are still around) and they will fill a need. Seems like an easy decision to me. I just can't see us reaching for a project at 9. All the DEs Ansah/Jordan/Mingo/Jones are just too iffy for my liking at 9.

    In fact, I am starting to like Austin at 9. He has the speed/production you want from a WR.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Again, in the pros, Mingo will not:

    1) Be playing with his hand in the dirt
    2) Be playing strong side end in four and three man fronts

    People want to say he's not "strong." The very fact that he had to play with his hand in the dirt (eliminating build-up speed) and didn't get manhandled by guys who are NINETY pounds heavier than him says something. The guy knows how to use his hands, especially when pass rushing.

    As a pro, he'll be playing in a two point stance outside of the tackle's outside shoulder and he'll be able to use his speed/explosiveness to keep the tackle on his heels.


    Thank you! Somebody finally gets it!

  11. #11
    Cooper over Warmack. If you are looking for the safe pick then OG over OLB.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,120
    this is going to be a great necro thread.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    this is going to be a great necro thread.
    LOL...a lot of these threads are going to great after the fact.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,432
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    So you want Jarvis Jones? I'd take Mingo. Greater upside. Mingo will be a beast in the pro's. You don't teach relentless pursuit. He's so far from Gholston in his playing style and his fluidity that it's ridiculous to even mention it.

    that relentless pursuit and so much more with mingo reminds me of aaron maybin

    height weight 40 vertical broad

    maybin 6-4 246lbs 4.6 40.5 10'9"

    mingo 6-4 240lbs 4.58 37 10"07"


    why didnt mingo lift weights at the combine or proday or anywhere for that matter???? because he is weak!!!!!

    pass on this BUST!!!

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,432
    and from now on i will refer to him as barkevious maybin

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    this is going to be a great necro thread.
    Make sure you mention that you think Eifert will be a HOF TE....

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,167
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    and from now on i will refer to him as barkevious maybin
    You're a piece of work, Man. But only time will tell. Let's see in a couple of years if Mingo's production is equal to Maybin's or if remains at 240. Re relentless pursuit, Mingo does so while taking great angles. Maybin was famous for circumventing the globe. I'm going to call you DBUST from now on...

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post
    I want the Jets to draft a player who will come into the pros and dominate just like he did in college. I don't want anyone coming in who has to make adjustments, we already saw that with Gholston (well, now he doesn't have to have his hand in the dirt, he'll be free to do this and that). I saw Mingo profiled on NFL Net, he has got Maybin written all over him. You'll see, at the pro level, anyone gets his hands on Mingo, that's the end of the play for him.
    What is you talkin' about?

    Gholston "dominated" in college. In fact, he has the single season sack record at one of the most prestigious football university's in the country. And if people want to talk about Mingo's production, why does nobody mention he was 2nd in the SEC in overall pressures? Pass rushing means a lot more than pure sack numbers. You're not looking at the whole picture.

    And if you want a guy to come in and dominate right away, you either:

    A) Should hope the 2013 draft magically turns into the 2012 draft where it was top-heavy with several pro-ready prospects ready to dominate.

    B) Want someone like Warmack/Cooper, who while great in their own right, don't play a premium position. (Not that I'm against either of those guys)

    C) Hope that Von Miller or Aldon Smith reenter the 2013 draft.

    The bottom line is that no college player enters the NFL as a finished product. Out of all the potential top 10 picks, EVERY PLAYER has something you can nitpick.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Is he better than Irvin? Yes, indeed. Much greater upside.
    Not to mention Irvin turned 25 years old as a rookie last year. Mingo will turn 23 during this season.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Not to mention Irvin turned 25 years old as a rookie last year. Mingo will turn 23 during this season.
    why won't mingo bench?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us