Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess who's announcing the 2nd round pick?

Guess who's announcing the 2nd round pick?

Wayne Chrebet....the roof is going to come undone!

Was there a single Jets fan that did not love Wayne?

Keyshawn Johnson likely wasnt a big fan of his... other than that... beloved player.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    A few said we only loved him because he was white.. To some W/R isn't a white position as even many white fans agree with like CB,safety,rb etc

My favorite Jets player of all time. I love an underdog story. Chrebet was as much an underdog as I've ever seen. Like when he showed up for his tryout under Rich Kotite? Security wouldn't let him in, they were convinced that the Jets CS wouldn't give him a tryout.

just saw on linkedin that he moved to Barclays. Smart dude, great football player.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    A few said we only loved him because he was white.. To some W/R isn't a white position as even many white fans agree with like CB,safety,rb etc
    are there good white corners in the NFL? i honestly cant think of any ourside of Jason Seahorn once upon a time/pre injury.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Awesome news!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I grew up rooting for both Jets and Giants and Chrebet was ultimately the reason why I shifted over to the Jets. Such a great story a local guy from Garfield HS who played at Division sh*t Hofstra and was 5'6 yet played in the NFL and was actually good.

They're going to make a movie about him someday. Chrebet is the real Vince Papale and a more compelling story.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    are there good white corners in the NFL? i honestly cant think of any ourside of Jason Seahorn once upon a time/pre injury.
    If there is I haven't seen him yet..

Watching Eric Smith for years getting burnt by JAG Tight Ends didn't do it for ya?

I wish he'd announce ALL of the JETS picks!

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Watching Eric Smith for years getting burnt by JAG Tight Ends didn't do it for ya?
    Don't think he's fully white.....But he's absolutely awful regardless of race

No need for a 210 lb Linebacker trying to play safety

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Cortland Finnegan?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Cortland Finnegan?
    Nice try..

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Nice try..

I think Jon McGraw is still on the KC roster. He has beasted for 2-3 plays in his career.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I think Jon McGraw is still on the KC roster. He has beasted ofr 2-3 plays in his career.
    Ahh yes Glass McGraw the Jets 2002 2nd rd pick.. Wasn't he also a violin player??

Wait Chrebet was white?

Best Chrebet moment was after Keyshawn dissed him & the Jets went down to Tampa, held Keyshawn to one catch & Chrebet catches the winner diving to the ground on a half back option from Curtis Martin.
    I jumped out of my chair at home pumping my fist, as happy for Chrebet as I was for the win.
    He had a 2 TD night vs the Pats that was very satisfying at the Meadowlands.
    Wayne was Vinnys Welker before there was a Welker.

I use to go to camp at Hofstra & stand by the fence. We were like the same size & weight, I just couldn't believe that he did what he did in the NFL.
    He's the real Rudy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Adam Archuleta wasn't too bad of a player.