Thread: Superbowl participants will stay in NJ.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Superbowl participants will stay in NJ.

New Jersey’s second-largest city will play host to both Super Bowl teams next year.

The NFL confirmed Thursday that the Hyatt Regency and the Westin hotels will house the AFC and NFC teams for the 2014 championship game. Both hotels are on the Hudson River waterfront and are near mass transit.

The 2014 Super Bowl will be played at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, which is about eight miles from Jersey City. It will be the first Super Bowl played in a traditional cold-weather location.

The NFC team will train at the Giants’ training facility adjacent to MetLife Stadium, while the AFC team will train at the Jets’ facility in Florham Park, about 15 miles from the stadium.

By The Associated Press

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The visiting teams playing the Giants/Jets use these hotels so it's not a huge surprise.. i guess that's one concession the NFL made to NJ for it's "NYC" superbowl

Not a huge surprise but it is a good thing to see New Jersey get something because let's be honest we won't be getting much of the events leading up to kickoff.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I just hope that the Patsies arent in the Superbowl. That would make me want to Puke.

We have no chance at playing in a Superbowl at home. At best the Jets will finish at 3-13. (Unless a Miracle happens)

Media day is in NJ ( newark), the teams hotel are in NJ, practice facility and the game itself is NJ plus most FANS wills stay in NJ because NY will very very expensive. The media and corporate America will stay in NY. Sounds like NJ will benefit the most. Mike Francesa is the only one that does not get it

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    New Jersey’s second-largest city will play host to both Super Bowl teams next year.

The NFL confirmed Thursday that the Hyatt Regency and the Westin hotels will house the AFC and NFC teams for the 2014 championship game. Both hotels are on the Hudson River waterfront and are near mass transit.

The 2014 Super Bowl will be played at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, which is about eight miles from Jersey City. It will be the first Super Bowl played in a traditional cold-weather location.

The NFC team will train at the Giants’ training facility adjacent to MetLife Stadium, while the AFC team will train at the Jets’ facility in Florham Park, about 15 miles from the stadium.

By The Associated Press
    That will be three times the Raiders will have to play at Met life stadium next year.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    That will be three times the Raiders will have to play at Met life stadium next year.
    lol.