Thread: Atlanta wants to trade up to grab a CB early

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Atlanta wants to trade up to grab a CB early

Whether we get the 13th overall pick from TB or not I would look to trade our 9th to Atlanta for their 1 (30th) (2) 60th and (4) 127th in 2013 and their 2nd and 3rd in 2014. According to the trade value charts and based on where you can project Atlanta will pick next year (25-32) the value would be even.

If we get the 13th overall pick from TB I would look to move back in a trade with SF. According to the draft value chart their (1) 31st, (2) 61st, (3) 74th and (4) 128th would be near a perfect match. It is widely known that the 49ers need to package picks together b/c they have a ton of picks and this would be one way they could move them.

If the TB deal goes through as a 1, 3 and 5 this year and we make those trades we could have these picks:

1 (30) LSU S Eric Reid
    1 (31) Alabama RT DJ Fluker

2 (39) FSU QB EJ Manuel
    2 (60) Syracuse OG Justin Pugh
    2 (61) LSU OLB Sam Montgomery

3 (72) UCLA HB Jonathan Franklin
    3 (73) UCONN CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson
    3 (74) W. VA WR Steadman Bailey

4 (106) CIN TE Travis Kelce
    4 (127) ORE ILB Kiko Alonso
    4 (128) Rice TE Vance McDonald

5 (141) Illinois OG Hugh Thornton
    5 (147) FSU OLB Brandon Jenkins

6 (178) Georgia CB Sanders Commings

7 (215) Stony Brook HB Miguel Maysonet

Plus an extra 2nd and 3rd round pick in 2014

This would give us 11 picks in the first 5 rounds. Now obviously I know that this is merely a pipe dream and the chances of this happening are slim to none but all it takes is a couple of phone calls. The compensation I'm proposing is dead on so there is no disputing that. It's really just a matter of Atlanta and the 49ers targeting players at the 9th and 13th picks.

We know Atlanta is targeting a CB and at 9 there is a good chance no CB's will be off the board so that is a perfect scenario for them.

San Francisco needs interior linemen to play in their 3-4 set. They have an unproven NT in Ian Williams and Justin Smith and Ray McDonald are getting old. They also need some safety help after losing Goldson to TB. A guy like Vaccaro would most likely still be available at 13 as well. Some of the other guys they could target at 13 are: DT Star Lotulelei, DT Sheldon Richardson or DE Margus Hunt. The first 2 of which will definitely be off the board by 31, Hunt may be there but his stock is rising.

This would give the Jets, a team lacking young talent, a ton of young players who can contribute right away and in the future. This is a franchise changing draft if all of those trades go through.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see that happening.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Link?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard that Dimitroff said he wanted to go up, but I don't think he wants to trade 1/2 his draft for a corner, there are no "great" corners ( I don't even like Millner as a top 10 guy) Just that Min, Green Bay and NE all have a need at corner. When the 3 teams that pick right in front of you may go CB he wants to be sure he gets one of hayden, trufant, rhodes. Maybe a trade up to 22 wit st Louis makes sense. St Louis can drop back and get better safety value at 30
    than 22 if Vaccaro is off the board.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice

but IMO

not happening

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    nice

but IMO

not happening
    Yeah I know, I was just throwing it out there. It's basically a dream scenario. But thanks for not just saying "link".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I heard that Dimitroff said he wanted to go up, but I don't think he wants to trade 1/2 his draft for a corner, there are no "great" corners ( I don't even like Millner as a top 10 guy) Just that Min, Green Bay and NE all have a need at corner. When the 3 teams that pick right in front of you may go CB he wants to be sure he gets one of hayden, trufant, rhodes. Maybe a trade up to 22 wit st Louis makes sense. St Louis can drop back and get better safety value at 30
    than 22 if Vaccaro is off the board.
    It's not unheard of for Dimitroff to make a big trade for a guy he really wants. He gave up a 1st, 2nd, 4th in 2011 and their 1st and 4th in 2012 to move from 27 to 6 to pick up Julio Jones. So it's not unrealistic that if they fall in love with one of the CB's that they make this trade. Plus I think St. Louis stays put and drafts Safety at 16 and then best available WR at 22. They need guys who can make an impact right away at both positions and I don't think they can afford to take a chance and risk losing out on one of the better players at either position. But you never know lol

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    They could be getting ready to hand us a ****load of picks for Revis. He's better than any corner that they will get out of this draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They could trade up to the teens and grab Rhoads for a lot cheaper

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, you posted a worthless 1000 word post that doesn't have a single reference to the thread title. Don't get your feewings hurt because I asked for a link where I could read some actual content

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Dude, you posted a worthless 1000 word post that doesn't have a single reference to the thread title. Don't get your feewings hurt because I asked for a link where I could read some actual content
    I forgot that you're the Shakespeare of Jets Insider. My bad. And the thread title is "Atlanta wants to trade up to grab a CB early", then I proceeded to offer a trade scenario and also talked about how at 9 the Falcons would have their choice of CB's. Maybe it's not my writing, maybe its your reading. Just sayin'