Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets hosting Bucs in season opener

Jets Insider VIP

Jets hosting Bucs in season opener

Just announced. The NFL continues to **** with us.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-2013/2094959/

Darrelle Revis' first regular-season game since tearing his ACL last year could come against the New York Jets.

In another sign the NFL has a sense for drama and maybe even a sense of humor, the Jets will host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 1 of the 2013 regular season, a person who viewed the teams' schedule told USA TODAY Sports. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the NFL isn't releasing the full schedule until 8 p.m. Thursday.

The Jets and Bucs have discussed a trade involving Revis over the past few months. The Jets are unwilling to give Revis a long-term contract, but the Bucs have indicated they're open to that possibility. Tampa is also willing to part with its 2013 first-round pick and perhaps more, though the talks between the sides appear to be stalled.

Meanwhile, Revis is working his way back during offseason workouts at the Jets' facility.

"I can't wait until my name gets called," he said in a recent interview with NFL Network, "when I get to run out of the tunnel and just be where I usually (am)."

Oh, he'll be where he usually is in MetLife Stadium. He just might come running out of the other tunnel.

Trade him and let's get this over with.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Trade him and let's get this over with.
    Do you honestly think the Jets should trade him earlier than they think because some fans are impatient?

Hold out for what you want or keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Do you honestly think the Jets should trade him earlier than they think because some fans are impatient?

I'm not saying any of that. I'm sick of Revis/Bucs/Revis/Bucs/Revis/Bucs/Revis/Bucs.

I'll support whatever the Jets do, but it doesn't mean I can't be sick of hearing about how Revis showed up to the voluntary workouts to "recoup" some of his money.

And yes, Jets fans, including myself, are impatient.

Jets Insider VIP
    hope it's a 4 o clock game.

I work Sundays till 4 : /

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

I'm all for holding out for the best offer. But with whatever process Idzik is working he better get this deal done, because if he doesn't and Revis remains with the club and walks next year and we get nothing - I'd say this would be a bigger mistake than drafting Sanchez. And for me worth firing. Why? B/C we reportedly were offered a 1st rounder this year and a 2nd rounder for next years draft. That's a lot considering we potentially have no intention of retaining him nor the access to the tag next year due to contract negotiants done before Idzik.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    hope it's a 4 o clock game.

I work Sundays till 4 : /
    Email Goodell with your request. The guy is a champ about meeting the needs of the NFL fan.

@BrianCoz: Miami Herald reports Jets will close the season on Dec. 29 in Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

And yes, Jets fans, including myself, are impatient.
    not really so. It`s been 44 years now. Thats quite patient imo for those who are still shelling out $ for tickets.

My patience ran out 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    I'm all for holding out for the best offer. But with whatever process Idzik is working he better get this deal done, because if he doesn't and Revis remains with the club and walks next year and we get nothing - I'd say this would be a bigger mistake than drafting Sanchez. And for me worth firing. Why? B/C we reportedly were offered a 1st rounder this year and a 2nd rounder for next years draft. That's a lot considering we potentially have no intention of retaining him nor the access to the tag next year due to contract negotiants done before Idzik.
    and the question on Revis` injury. He may or may not be the Revis he was.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Email Goodell with your request. The guy is a champ about meeting the needs of the NFL fan.

Jokes on the bucs, we don't have a number 1,2 or 3 wide receiverfor him to cover.

Interesting thing is that this was probably a "fixed" game in the scheduling software which means the NFL thinks the trade is going down.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I heard these schedules are actually planned 7 years in advance when the CIcadas come out.

-

Hall Of Fame
    And @ New England 3 days later.... WTF

All League
    Charter JI Member

Sounds like another 2 TD opening day for Stephen Hill....or maybe Tavon Austin taken with pick #13 torches Revis first?

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Interesting thing is that this was probably a "fixed" game in the scheduling software which means the NFL thinks the trade is going down.
    Here what I see going down, the trade is announced 2 hours before the draft starts we get the 1st this year and next & this years 3rd,wecave on the conditional 2nd or 3rd next year provided Revis doesn't getgame clearence ok till week 2. under the table of course.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Sounds like another 2 TD opening day for Stephen Hill....or maybe Tavon Austin taken with pick #13 torches Revis first?
    I may have missed this, but no one's stated the obvious - that opening against Revis is the best possible scenario (assuming the trade to the Bucs happens). He'll be at his rustiest - playing in his first full-speed action since the injury - and potentially not 100% healthy. Thanks, NFL!

you make the trade but for the best possible picks. If they want a first plus then they should hold out for the second. everyone has written us off of resigning him because of bad blood. If there is any bad blood it is on revis's side but he has shown he will go to the money If the jets offer enough he will sign for it, if not f him I am a Jet fan not a revis fan