Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: rex ryan presser 8:10 pm!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post

What's the over/under for the number of times Rex says "like" and "ya know"?
    I tellya however many times he says it, it's gonna be a lot, I can guarantee-ya that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @ConorTOrr: Rex making it extra clear he's not talking about Revis. Said he's happy to be playing at home Week 1. #nyj #jets

@MMehtaNYDN: Rex Ryan on facing Bucs in Week 1: "I'm happy to be playing at home." #nyj
    That gm will be a Dub 4 JETS! 1-0 Baby!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The average lifespan of an NFL head coach is 3 years.

So the reason people start screaming for the heads of their bad head coaches is because it only takes 3 seasons to see they suck.

There's not a single NYJ head coach in the last 35 years that was good at his job except Parcells, even Carroll is an unknown, the rest were garbage and never did anything here or anywhere else.

We aren't quick-triggered and resentful; you guys are just slow.

SAR I
    You're not ignorant. You obviously know how many horrible coaches we've been through, and you're not slow. You can come up with all kinds of clever arguments to back up your agenda. You're even smart enough to convince a few people, if only temporarily that you have a point. In fact you may have had a point about something once. I can't remember. Anyway we have a head coach that took Mangina's decent (except for QB) team, with a horrible OC, and took it to the AFCCG. Then the next year went 11-5, and back to the same game, still with no offense to speak of. That's much more impressive than Parcells, or little Bill were their first two years. Now you want to start going through another dozen coaches or so hoping to find the perfect one? Why, because he's not a good GM? He talks too much? He's too loyal to his players? He's learning, and the team is learning what he can and cannot do well. Can we give Idzik a chance to give him a good team, and a good OC to work with? Tanny didn't look so bad while Mangini was telling him what to do, but without him, he proved he had no clue what he was doing. The talent on defense slowly eroded from age, and the offense completely fell apart, and then was put in charge of the mentally challenged. Don't forget the brilliant Hunter, and Tebow decisions that Rex was supposed to overcome. Don't tell us that Rex is supposed to be the GM, and the OC. I'd rather have a great coach that needs to be managed than a great manager that can't coach. You know how long we've waited fro a HC that could take a good team and make it a contender. Rex, it has been proven can take an average team, with a poor OC, and a poor QB, and take them to the championship game. Let's please wait and see what he can do with a good team. You wouldn't want that though would you? Why is that?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Why does Rex care where Baltimore opens?
    Because he's a fat, mouth-breathing mongoloid.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Orioles manager tells Wrecks to shut the eff up:

Orioles’ manager tells Rex Ryan to worry about his own team | ProFootballTalk

Orioles manager Buck Showalter says if Ryan is concerned with anything about Baltimore, he ought to be concerned about the Jets’ meeting with Baltimore this season.

“I think I’d be a little more concerned about November 24 when the Jets come here and try to figure out a way to beat the Ravens, wouldn’t you?,” Showalter said, via CSNBaltimore.com. “I’d think that would be a little bit more of a challenge. I try to stay out of things I don’t know about. Like I don’t know about the NFL schedule and the NFL challenges. So that would be my advice. I would stay in what is my area of supposed expertise.”

Showalter’s use of the word “supposed” there is a nice touch. And it’s a fair point: Ryan has enough to worry about with the Jets, that he’d probably be wise not to get involved with issues that don’t affect his team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Orioles manager tells Wrecks to shut the eff up:
    And most JIs tell you constantly to shut the eff up. Yet, you are still here? Take a hint troll, get lost.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    who the f cares what the manager of another one of those steroid infused boreball teams thinks about anything?
    So you think there's more steroids in baseball than football? LMAO

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You're not ignorant. You obviously know how many horrible coaches we've been through, and you're not slow. You can come up with all kinds of clever arguments to back up your agenda. You're even smart enough to convince a few people, if only temporarily that you have a point. In fact you may have had a point about something once. I can't remember. Anyway we have a head coach that took Mangina's decent (except for QB) team, with a horrible OC, and took it to the AFCCG. Then the next year went 11-5, and back to the same game, still with no offense to speak of. That's much more impressive than Parcells, or little Bill were their first two years. Now you want to start going through another dozen coaches or so hoping to find the perfect one? Why, because he's not a good GM? He talks too much? He's too loyal to his players? He's learning, and the team is learning what he can and cannot do well. Can we give Idzik a chance to give him a good team, and a good OC to work with? Tanny didn't look so bad while Mangini was telling him what to do, but without him, he proved he had no clue what he was doing. The talent on defense slowly eroded from age, and the offense completely fell apart, and then was put in charge of the mentally challenged. Don't forget the brilliant Hunter, and Tebow decisions that Rex was supposed to overcome. Don't tell us that Rex is supposed to be the GM, and the OC. I'd rather have a great coach that needs to be managed than a great manager that can't coach. You know how long we've waited fro a HC that could take a good team and make it a contender. Rex, it has been proven can take an average team, with a poor OC, and a poor QB, and take them to the championship game. Let's please wait and see what he can do with a good team. You wouldn't want that though would you? Why is that?
    GREAT post!