Thread: David Garrard and Tim Tebow will probably get along real well

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

David Garrard and Tim Tebow will probably get along real well

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good post, thanks. So I guess he's not really all that injury prone after all. He's had 2 years to build up from his spinal surgery which is great. With any luck at all we'll get 1-2 seasons out of him. A definite upgrade at the QB position if healthy.

Minor knee surgery before the start of the 2012 season shouldn't be much to overcome. Garrard at 80% should be better than MS if for no other reason than ball security/turnovers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    Good post, thanks. So I guess he's not really all that injury prone after all. He's had 2 years to build up from his spinal surgery which is great. With any luck at all we'll get 1-2 seasons out of him. A definite upgrade at the QB position if healthy.

Minor knee surgery before the start of the 2012 season shouldn't be much to overcome. Garrard at 80% should be better than MS if for no other reason than ball security/turnovers.
    He was always better than Sanchez; when the Pathers let him go I said we should get him so Sanchez could in fact learn from someone!!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's a shame they'll only have another week or so to hang out together

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzershot18 View Post
    it's a shame they'll only have another week or so to hang out together
    LOL, they'll be good penpals!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    he'll be the starter week 1 if he stays healthy. sanchez backup, mcelroy 3rd, tebow moved to TE

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    I'd say this is true of arguably the majority of the NFL. I'm too lazy to look it up but I'd be willing to bet that most of the guys in the league come from the South and Midwest, heavy Christian areas. Our own Kevin Mawae wore a tape-cross on his facemask every time out, as many other players do. However, it's when ESPN, in their never-ending quest to prop-up Tebow as something legendary, made it seem like putting God first was something unique to Tebow (and repeating it ad nauseum) and that he was better than thou that his story became nauseating. From kneeling down in the end zone to missionary work to delivering sermons, most fans who simply listen can give you an example of a player who've done the same. Once it got over-done in college, the media hype re-started again in 2011 and tried to paint him as better than thou once again, but now in the NFL. And it got nauseating... again. Of course he never shied away from the cameras, but what college kid who's BMOC would?

It's too bad really, because although I quickly got sick of hearing about him in college and Denver, and I couldn't wait for him to flame out, after his year here he really does seem like a sincerely good Christian who wants to just do right. I was expecting a Jimmy Swaggert style phony and he was nothing like that, and he handled his situation here about as good as anyone could. At the very least he's not worth spewing vitriol to, and although I don't think he's a good QB, I can root for him to succeed at something in the league, even if he somehow magically gets it at QB one day and he's on another team.

It's a lot easier to root for him to succeed than say a Rolando McClain, that's for sure.