Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Jets 2013 regular season schedule released *Full Schedule Inside*

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mezz A Corners, Row 1, I do okay on the aftermarket. 2x my face value is $250, much cheaper than a Club seat somewhere which will be $300 and up for those prime contests (Pitt, NE, Mia, Oak, NO). If you found a smart location in the new stadium, you're somewhat protected against a season like this.

SAR I
    Why do "fans" buy tickets, and then sell them? Do you need to make an extra buck to put food on the table or something? If that's the case fine, but if you go to the trouble to buy a Jets Jersey from China, put it on proudly with a pair of GAP Khakis, and keep the other team's fans out of the Stadium. It's the right thing for a real Jets fan to do, yes?

Go Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    SARRY EXCUSE I

This message is hidden because SAR I (AKA SHECKY VON SHTICK 1) is on your ignore list.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Why do "fans" buy tickets, and then sell them? Do you need to make an extra buck to put food on the table or something? If that's the case fine, but if you go to the trouble to buy a Jets Jersey from China, put it on proudly with a pair of GAP Khakis, and keep the other team's fans out of the Stadium. It's the right thing for a real Jets fan to do, yes?

Go Jets.

Because we live in a free capitalistic society.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No need to analyze the schedule. It is what it is. It's the same thing every year. Some teams that we think are good will suck, and vice versa. Heck, maybe by mid year others will wish they weren't playing the NY Jets. Ya never know.

No matter the schedule, it's how good we are that makes it tough or not.
    I agree completely.

I am just looking forward to the day when we have enough confidence in our team to expect 10-12 wins without worrying about the schedule.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Hmm, the rehearsal dinner for my wedding is on the Thursday night of the Patriots game. This bodes well.
    Will your fiancee be mad when you miss the dinner?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Why would anyone pay over the odds for a seat with a great view when we're only winning 1 game all year?...you'll do well to give them away
    I sold 2 seats this morning on Stubhub:

Cleveland 12/22 at face value $125 each.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So this is what 3-13 looks like...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Go Jets.

I had 3 seats in Giants Stadium from 2001-2009 and have 4 seats in MetLife Stadium from 2010-2012.

Like any other season ticket holder in a similar situation, I spent $56,000 on tickets, $16,000 on PSL's, and $6,500 on food/concessions. That's $78,500 to watch the last 12 years of Jets football and that doesn't make me anyone special- that's what the typical season ticket or PSL holder has spent in that span.

This 2013 season is over for me before it starts because I do not support Rex Ryan and can't bleed green this year as a result. I just paid the Jets another $5,350 for this season and my goal is to sell all my seats, make a couple of bucks, then buy last minute Stubhub seats to a couple of games for my sons.

After spending $80,000 these past 13 seasons, I don't have to answer to you.

If diehard Jets fans weren't so cheap, they'd pay a premium for the top games on our schedule just like diehard Steelers and Patriots fans do.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    we're lookn' at 4-12

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

If diehard Jets fans weren't so cheap, they'd pay a premium for the top games on our schedule just like diehard Steelers and Patriots fans do.

SAR I
    The Jet's success or lack there of can't compare to the success of either the Steelers or the Patriots. Also, on average, Steeler PSLs have appreciated approximately 8 times and the Pats never charged a PSL. Why would Jet fans even want to pay a premium?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent choice for a 1st game by the league. A game that otherwise would have had little buzz will be interesting across the league, whether Revis gets dealt or not.

My 1st choice is to keep Revis, being the type that likes a bit of Schadenfraude I'd love to see Revis totally shut down Vincent Jackson, get a pick or two and the Jets kill the Tampa Secondary for a couple of long plays.

As for the Jets record? I think some people are going to be surprised. This team is not 3-4 win bad.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    The Jet's success or lack there of can't compare to the success of either the Steelers or the Patriots. Also, on average, Steeler PSLs have appreciated approximately 8 times and the Pats never charged a PSL. Why would Jet fans even want to pay a premium?
    I don't disagree.

I was responding to another poster asking me why I wouldn't sell my gameday seats to Jets fans at a loss instead of to enemy fans at a sizable gain. My goal is to break even on the season. So in order to absorb the losses I'll take on the Buffalo, Cleveland, Tampa, and preseason games I need to make good money on the Pittsburgh, New England, Miami, and New Orleans games.

Big picture, some kid in a basement shouldn't be questioning the motivation of fans who actually pay money to attend games.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    8 and 8...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I am very happy with all the 1pm games. But the only reason why we got those was bc they league thinks we are going to stink.
    Because we are going to.

If we get to 8-8 we should throw a party.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had 3 seats in Giants Stadium from 2001-2009 and have 4 seats in MetLife Stadium from 2010-2012.

Like any other season ticket holder in a similar situation, I spent $56,000 on tickets, $16,000 on PSL's, and $6,500 on food/concessions. That's $78,500 to watch the last 12 years of Jets football and that doesn't make me anyone special- that's what the typical season ticket or PSL holder has spent in that span.

This 2013 season is over for me before it starts because I do not support Rex Ryan and can't bleed green this year as a result. I just paid the Jets another $5,350 for this season and my goal is to sell all my seats, make a couple of bucks, then buy last minute Stubhub seats to a couple of games for my sons.

SAR I
    Show receipts or its just bs

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because enemy fans pay top dollar to see their teams win big on the road.

SAR I
    In an empty stadium there'll be no need to pay top dollar because why would you buy a $200 ticket when 10 seats along they are being given away or going for face value....sounds like your business plan hasn't been properly thought through

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Who cares how much you spent, you're a terrible fan. If anything, the team brings you such misery and you seem to hate every coach and decision it makes... wouldn't that make you pretty foolish to keep dumping so much money on it? I know I don't spend money on things I dislike. But that's me....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Who cares how much you spent, you're a terrible fan. If anything, the team brings you such misery and you seem to hate every coach and decision it makes... wouldn't that make you pretty foolish to keep dumping so much money on it? I know I don't spend money on things I dislike. But that's me....
    Sar1 is as legit and real as manti teos online gf.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Show receipts or its just bs

Stop talking.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stop talking.