Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breer: QB coach drilling Sanchez on throwing the ball AWAY

Jets Insider VIP

Breer: QB coach drilling Sanchez on throwing the ball AWAY

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 4m
    Also of note, Sanchez said QB coach David Lee is drilling him on throwing the ball away. The turnover issue, obviously, is being addressed.

he also notes

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 2m
    Also, CB Antonio Cromartie said to me the big difference with Rex more inv on D is it looks like Jets will simplify, try to play "100 MPH".

And after only 4 years?

Banned
    If David Lee can turn Sanchez into a competent QB, then he should be a candidate for sainthood.

Because that truly would be a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 4m
    Also of note, Sanchez said QB coach David Lee is drilling him on throwing the ball away. The turnover issue, obviously, is being addressed.

he also notes

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 2m
    Also, CB Antonio Cromartie said to me the big difference with Rex more inv on D is it looks like Jets will simplify, try to play "100 MPH".
    I LIKE to hear THAT!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Throwing it away is always preferable to a turnover. But that's still an incompletion and Sanchez's completion percentage is already dreadful.

Where he has to improve, if he wants to stay in the league, is his accuracy - getting the ball to where he wants it to go. Improved accuracy will raise his completion % and cut down on interceptions.

Veteran
    Hope Rex saved the red-yellow-green caution cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Throwing it away is always preferable to a turnover. But that's still an incompletion and Sanchez's completion percentage is already dreadful.

Where he has to improve, if he wants to stay in the league, is his accuracy - getting the ball to where he wants it to go. Improved accuracy will raise his completion % and cut down on interceptions.
    And completion rate is by far the most important thing right?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    And after only 4 years?
    No, he's been taught to not throw it away, so he has to undo what he has drilled into his head the last 4 years. That's what happens when all you tell someone is 'not to make a mistake'. They get indecisive, like he has.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    And completion rate is by far the most important thing right?
    No, it's probably somewhere around 5th most relevant stat I'd look at when evaluating a QB. Pennington had a much higher completion % than Elway and we know he's not better. That said, in order to run an efficient offense your QB HAS to be at or above 60%. Especially for a WCO like we'll be running.

Lesson 2: Red - Yellow - Green

OMFG gimme a break.

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Hope Rex saved the red-yellow-green caution cards.
    Yeah, this.

I could throw it away, wait! I'll run up into the line and find a hole! Wait! No!!!! No hole? There is Brand Moores ass....I can't stop! I am going to fast! Bail out but secure the ball, bail out but secure the ball, bail out bail out!

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I could throw it away, wait! I'll run up into the line and find a hole! Wait! No!!!! No hole? There is Brand Moores ass....I can't stop! I am going to fast! Bail out but secure the ball, bail out but secure the ball, bail out bail out!
    TPB and Mr. Lahey FTW !

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway

Right on Buzz.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Have to get rid of the, I can do it all mentality.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sanchez has only been here 4 years? it seems like 40.

Jets Insider VIP

Like my golf game...lessons and practice have not really helped that much.

I think Mark is simply doomed. A professional needing coaching to throw the ball away? Accuracy? If he could fix that, it would already be fixed IMO.

Exactly. Throwing the ball away when you're hitting 65% consistently is not a big deal. When you're a 55% guy, having to be taught how to throw the ball away to avoid turnovers is not nearly as encouraging as it could be.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

I think Mark is simply doomed. A professional needing coaching to throw the ball away? Accuracy? If he could fix that, it would already be fixed IMO.
    Garrards out, were grasping at straws here.

Just free the Geno?

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

the underlying problem with throwing the ball away, is that he can't read defenses. by the time he realizes he should throw it away he's fumbled already.