Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Psl Upgradex

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Iron Throne
    Posts
    2,739

    Psl Upgradex

    Has anyone recently spoken with the Jets about upgrade opportunities? With payments already due, I wonder what has opened up.

    We are looking to move to Mezz A.

  2. #2
    There were a few pairs up there when I moved to 232a in February. Bet there are more now

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    245-A
    Posts
    3,138
    I upgraded 4 rows in same section! ,

    I was offered 1st row on the aisle for 207-A, but declined because the Pepsi entrance was IDEAL in terms of Lot L and Route 3 access.
    Last edited by Gas2No99; 04-18-2013 at 09:40 PM.

  4. #4
    Wow who in the world would give up first row aisles in Mezz A?!?!?

  5. #5
    First row 207!!!! Wow, should have taken those!

    Did you have to buy additional seats to upgrade in the same section? I was not able to upgrade in the same section, had to move to a higher $ PSL.

  6. #6
    Called today, there is 1 seat available in 207 row 1

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    245-A
    Posts
    3,138
    Quote Originally Posted by goarmysports View Post
    Wow who in the world would give up first row aisles in Mezz A?!?!?
    I upgraded from row 12 to 8 in 245-A. I passed because I like the fact that I can quickly enter & exit my seats from the Pepsi gate and it's a straight shot from where I tailgate and drive to/from the game (route 3 via Lincoln Tunnel). If I were to have moved to the Budlight section, it would take an additional 10 minutes to get to my seats from entering the Pepsi gate and I'd have to walk all the way around behind the endzone & food court area through TONS of people traffic. I also like the people in my section and have developed a nice rapport there.

    Quote Originally Posted by buickrob View Post
    First row 207!!!! Wow, should have taken those!

    Did you have to buy additional seats to upgrade in the same section? I was not able to upgrade in the same section, had to move to a higher $ PSL.
    I orignally had 3 seats and the Tix office called me to offer 3 tix in the 1st row of 207-A (same PSL), but as I mentioned above, I had my reasons for wanting to stay in my section. There was no additional cost to either upgrade and I chose to move up in rows rather than transplant to another section which is not as convenient as my current routine I have developed at the new stadium. Not surprised those oin 207-A were snatched up.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    I upgraded from row 12 to 8 in 245-A.
    Those are my old seats! My neighbor and I had 8 seats, 4 on the aisle in 245A in each of rows 8 & 9. I think seats 10, 11, 12 & 13. We traded those in for seats in 135 before last season! I guess last season they sold our old seats individually, without PSLs. My guess is that the row 9 on the aisle are also still available. Enjoy. Nice section, but very windy in November/December. There were some games in 2010/2011 where it was so windy up there, that we went down to some empties in 135 and to our surprise there was no wind at all down there. Other than that, 245A is a very nice section.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    245-A
    Posts
    3,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Those are my old seats! My neighbor and I had 8 seats, 4 on the aisle in 245A in each of rows 8 & 9. I think seats 10, 11, 12 & 13. We traded those in for seats in 135 before last season! I guess last season they sold our old seats individually, without PSLs. My guess is that the row 9 on the aisle are also still available. Enjoy. Nice section, but very windy in November/December. There were some games in 2010/2011 where it was so windy up there, that we went down to some empties in 135 and to our surprise there was no wind at all down there. Other than that, 245A is a very nice section.
    Thanks. I did notice those seats went unmanned for quite some time the past 2 seasons. I like the section a lot and prefer the elevated view of Mezz over the lower bowl. I have to say, despite all the bickering back & forth b/t fans over the "quality of life" in the NMS, the Jets have been accomodating in letting me choose my seats at my preferred price range and I've been content thus far. Here's to a solid 2013 campaign for the Green & White!
    Last edited by Gas2No99; 04-19-2013 at 10:40 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    Thanks. I did notice those seats went unmanned for quite some time the past 2 seasons. I like the section a lot and prefer the elevated view of Mezz over the lower bowl. I have to say, despite all the bickering back & forth b/t fans over the "quality of life" in the NMS, the Jets have been accomodating in letting me choose my seats at my preferred price range and I've been content thus far. Here's to a solid 2013 campaign for the Green & White!
    2 Mezzanine End Zone A 225a 6 21 - 22 Aisle $1,877

    considering Mezz A seats are as low as $939 each in secondary it is not that big a favor

    BTW if I was moving seats I would buy these on secondary.

    2 Lower Level Sideline 142 30 1 - 2 Aisle All $6,500 $13,000

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    I upgraded from row 12 to 8 in 245-A. I passed because I like the fact that I can quickly enter & exit my seats from the Pepsi gate and it's a straight shot from where I tailgate and drive to/from the game (route 3 via Lincoln Tunnel). If I were to have moved to the Budlight section, it would take an additional 10 minutes to get to my seats from entering the Pepsi gate and I'd have to walk all the way around behind the endzone & food court area through TONS of people traffic. I also like the people in my section and have developed a nice rapport there.



    I orignally had 3 seats and the Tix office called me to offer 3 tix in the 1st row of 207-A (same PSL), but as I mentioned above, I had my reasons for wanting to stay in my section. There was no additional cost to either upgrade and I chose to move up in rows rather than transplant to another section which is not as convenient as my current routine I have developed at the new stadium. Not surprised those oin 207-A were snatched up.
    Gotcha, somebody wisely grabbed a pair of the three available then.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    I upgraded 4 rows in same section! ,

    I was offered 1st row on the aisle for 207-A, but declined because the Pepsi entrance was IDEAL in terms of Lot L and Route 3 access.
    Did you call the Jets up to upgrade or did they contact you? I'm surprised because usually they don't allow PSL seats to upgrade or they make up a story about either nothing being available or make up another story. Maybe they had someone who wanted to buy your seats because they had friends nearby or something.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    245-A
    Posts
    3,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Did you call the Jets up to upgrade or did they contact you? I'm surprised because usually they don't allow PSL seats to upgrade or they make up a story about either nothing being available or make up another story. Maybe they had someone who wanted to buy your seats because they had friends nearby or something.

    They called me. It wasn't an upgrade of PSL, just an upgrade of rows in the same PSL hierarchy. All the options they offered me were of the same PSL price - other than Club PSL which I had no interest in - so $ wasn't the issue.

    At the conclusion of the 2010 season I asked if there were any openings in the lower rows of my same section (ideally the 1st), they said no but would have it noted if anything similar popped up.

    My Tix rep called me in early January of this year and informed me of the availability of 207-A 1st row and the only opening in my section was 4 rows lower. I went with the latter.
    Last edited by Gas2No99; 04-20-2013 at 10:09 AM.

  14. #14
    it seems for every time someone bashes the seats/process, there are plenty of others who have been treated great...I for one have been treated great by my Rep (and I'm not always the easiest customer to deal with)...it was also interesting to see that people are willing to give up "better seats" in order to stay within their own sections...it's the start of solidifying the stadium, which will make a tough year a little easier. That's my fear if I upgrade seats, the guy in front of me will be 7' with body odor, and a date to match. Wonder if that happened if the Jets would help? Anyone face that?

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,643
    Quote Originally Posted by goarmysports View Post
    Wow who in the world would give up first row aisles in Mezz A?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by buickrob View Post
    Called today, there is 1 seat available in 207 row 1


    That's going to be that stuffed-in "crooked" seat in the corner.

    I keep waiting for the single dude in that seat in 232A Row 1 to give it up so I can have 5 seats.

    SAR I

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Iron Throne
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post
    it seems for every time someone bashes the seats/process, there are plenty of others who have been treated great...I for one have been treated great by my Rep (and I'm not always the easiest customer to deal with)...it was also interesting to see that people are willing to give up "better seats" in order to stay within their own sections...it's the start of solidifying the stadium, which will make a tough year a little easier. That's my fear if I upgrade seats, the guy in front of me will be 7' with body odor, and a date to match. Wonder if that happened if the Jets would help? Anyone face that?
    I have had good and bad experiences with the Jets. In large part, it depends on how willing the person is to help you out.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    I have had good and bad experiences with the Jets. In large part, it depends on how willing the person is to help you out.
    The bad experience is UD folk who did not pay their May 15 bill are getting calls and playing hardball and Jets are handing out great seats to keep them.

    The folks in average seats who pay their bills on time sit in the junky seats while folks who play the game get the 50 yard line seats.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us