Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Should I Even Bother Watching the Games?

Why Should I Even Bother Watching the Games?

These people who are so smart and know everything are telling me the Yankees will be lucky to win 75 games this year and the Jets will be lucky to win 5 next season. The Jets have actually made some decent moves this off-season, Idzik clearly has a plan and so far a pretty good one, yet why even bother I mean Tom Brady with no Welker and Gronk is going 16-0 and we'll be 3-9 once we play the last 4 winnable games of the season.

How's Toronto doing?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

5 wins??? Were not winning more than 3

Banned
    I agree and would love to expand on this thought but I may get banned if I do :p

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

If you need a reason to watch football maybe you shouldn't

Veteran
    You should not be creating threads, let alone something like this. Get it together man...

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    These people who are so smart and know everything are telling me the Yankees will be lucky to win 75 games this year and the Jets will be lucky to win 5 next season. The Jets have actually made some decent moves this off-season, Idzik clearly has a plan and so far a pretty good one, yet why even bother I mean Tom Brady with no Welker and Gronk is going 16-0 and we'll be 3-9 once we play the last 4 winnable games of the season.

How's Toronto doing?
    Why do you care what other fans or media personalities think? YOUR HAPPY with the way the jets are progressing as a fan that is all you should care about. If you thought the jets were going to win 4 games next year and the media thought the jets were going to win 8, would you feel any better about the team? When the jets win 8 you can watch them squirm to explain why they thought they would be so bad.

The team outperforming their projection will validate your opinion and then you can say you knew it all along.

All League
    I don't know why, but I'm going to watch every Jets game. Maybe it's what fans do, I guess. It's what a diehard fan friggin does.

GO JETS!!!!

Now Dump.

Hall Of Fame
    Anything can happen. Goes without saying. Which is why it goes unsaid.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Anything can happen. Goes without saying. Which is why it goes unsaid.
    Except that it IS being said in the schedule thread, where you have a bunch of whiny-ass fans predicting 4-12 or worse (before the draft), and attention whores pretending to sell off their tickets as if nothing could change between now and September.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Except that it IS being said in the schedule thread, where you have a bunch of whiny-ass fans predicting 4-12 or worse (before the draft), and attention whores pretending to sell off their tickets as if nothing could change between now and September.
    Put a gun to my head....4-12 is what I would tell you.

SAR is harmless. And it is just predictions. Just file it away and call them out if/when they are proven wrong.

Like I said, anything can happen. There is a chance we go 16-0.

All League
    if the suckchez is the qb of this team next year...4-5 wins is what we will have. he is the worst starting qb of all 32 teams...and its not close.

Jets Insider VIP
    my prediction for the Jets record at this juncture a week before the draft

somewhere between 0-16 and 16-0

have to agree with DBAKE

with the Tiajuana Turnover Machine starting -- closer to 0

with Garrard or any other QB starting -- further away from 0 and closer to 16

SAR is harmless. And it is just predictions. Just file it away and call them out if/when they are proven wrong.

I think there is a better chance that the pope will open up a car wash in Brooklyn before the Jets go 16-0 but I like your style...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Not if we pull the trigger first..

It really is impossible to make predictions at this point. If they have a great draft? I think they could have a ceiling of 10 wins and may very well reach that. If they have a bad draft? I would think no more than 3 wins.

But once again it's all conjecture. It's best to revisit the issue after the draft.

All I know is that opening day we will all be excited..

and we will all have some form of hope no matter what kind of team we field..

Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    All I know is that opening day we will all be excited..

and we will all have some form of hope no matter what kind of team we field..
    If Sanchez is the starting QB, no way you can claim that all will be excited. Many would not in that scenario as he is a pretty hated player at this point

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    if the suckchez is the qb of this team next year...4-5 wins is what we will have. he is the worst starting qb of all 32 teams...and its not close.
    It is close, but he is most likely the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    If Sanchez is the starting QB, no way you can claim that all will be excited. Many would not in that scenario as he is a pretty hated player at this point
    Of course he is going to be the starter. Does anybody actually believe the Jets signed Garrard to challenge Mark?

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    It is close, but he is most likely the worst.

Of course he is going to be the starter. Does anybody actually believe the Jets signed Garrard to challenge Mark?
    I have to say, I do. I know the guy hasn't played a regular season game in a few years, but he did beat out Tannehill last year. And Tannehill outplayed Sanchez last year. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Garrard will work Sanchez in camp.

That said, I also think Sanchez will look better in Morhniwheg's offense. Not enough to get out of the bottom 10% of starting QBs in the NFL, but enough to where it could go either way in TC.

I'd rather see Garrard get the start, because he's the guy who actually has a chance to be on the roster in '14.