Thread: The draft no one expects....

All Pro

The draft no one expects....

What if Idzik pulled a Rick Moranis on us on next weekend? *Fooled you!*

#9... K. Vaccaro ...jets select whom they think is the biggest need and replacement for revis in the backfield... just not at the position we thought.

#13... J. Hunter ...the guy who before an injury - was to be the #1 WR in this draft class

#39... K. Long OT/OG ...they deal with the Oline by taking a versatile lion from proven pedigree.

3rd... NT J. Hankins ...depth at Nose.

(TB's other 3rd is a conditional 2014 that can escalate to a 2nd)

4th... Ryan Otten TE... a quiet name with skills both receiving and blocking

(no 5th or 6th from TB, instead we get this year's 4th)

4th... Nathan Stanley, QB, Southeastern Louisiana (6'5, 215)... Stanley displays all the physical tools NFL teams look for with a strong arm and good pocket presence. He will need some development, but could be a good sleeper for the third day of the 2013 NFL Draft.

5th... B. Jenkins OLB. The forgotten FSU man who broke his foot last year

6th... Denard Robinson... BAM! Who knows what the future holds.

7th.. M. Catapano OLB/DE... Idzik goes princeton on us! ..Catapano is an interesting prospect. He performed really well at the East-West Shrine to help get on the radar for NFL teams. The senior had 12 sacks, 41 tackles and 15.5 tackles for a loss in 2012. He had five sacks as a junior. Catapano showed some speed and strength at his pro day with good performances on the bench press (33 reps) and in the 40-yard dash.

if the jets get 9 and 13............

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

#9... K. Vaccaro ...jets select whom they think is the biggest need and replacement for revis in the backfield... just not at the position we thought.

#13... J. Hunter ...the guy who before an injury - was to be the #1 WR in this draft class

#39... K. Long OT/OG ...they deal with the Oline by taking a versatile lion from proven pedigree.

4th... Nathan Stanley, QB, Southeastern Louisiana (6'5, 215)... Stanley displays all the physical tools NFL teams look for with a strong arm and good pocket presence. He will need some development, but could be a good sleeper for the third day of the 2013 NFL Draft.

7th.. M. Catapano OLB/DE... Idzik goes princeton on us! ..Catapano is an interesting prospect. He performed really well at the East-West Shrine to help get on the radar for NFL teams. The senior had 12 sacks, 41 tackles and 15.5 tackles for a loss in 2012. He had five sacks as a junior. Catapano showed some speed and strength at his pro day with good performances on the bench press (33 reps) and in the 40-yard dash.
    I like x Rhodes at 9 and e reid at 13. that would give them two big strong fast safeties or one good safety and a good fast strong cover corner. this put them right back on track as far as their db field goes. as we all know how much rex likes his corners. this would solidify the dl and cb's right away and the only thing left would be to redo the lb's. and this is not a lb's draft.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by kennesawjet View Post
    I like x Rhodes at 9 and e reid at 13. that would give them two big strong fast safeties or one good safety and a good fast strong cover corner. this put them right back on track as far as their db field goes. as we all know how much rex likes his corners. this would solidify the dl and cb's right away and the only thing left would be to redo the lb's. and this is not a lb's draft.
    I appreciate the thoughts, but the whole point of this was to look at a completely out of left field selections (compared to popular mocks and JI fan favorites)... which i guess you're sort of suggesting with Rhodes and Reid. Reid is just a ridiculous reach at 13, and I don't like the idea of trying to replace revis with our first round pick. Like Rhodes, just not for us. As silly as this sounds, that would be a hell of shadow to be have to endure for your career... "So you were drafted to replace revis huh..."

Quote Originally Posted by kennesawjet View Post
    I just threw up in my mouth.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Yes, yes... but what would you do about the OP??

ha, ha, ha, ha,

Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    you guys..............

gotcha........

I appreciate the thoughts, but the whole point of this was to look at a completely out of left field selections (compared to popular mocks and JI fan favorites)... which i guess you're sort of suggesting with Rhodes and Reid. Reid is just a ridiculous reach at 13, and I don't like the idea of trying to replace revis with our first round pick. Like Rhodes, just not for us. As silly as this sounds, that would be a hell of shadow to be have to endure for your career... "So you were drafted to replace revis huh..."
    I just like him better than baccarro.....

Would not like this at all......Hunter would be OK I guess, but that's about it

Maybe Denard would be a cool late rounder

I like Vacarro but I'm convinced about 5 other safeties in this class are at, or very close to his level that can be had in the 2nd or even early 3rd

All League
    Like Long and Hankins

All Pro
    Put a sombrero on your mingo raider. You shouldn't have children.

All Pro
    I'm not saying I'm a fan, i was just throwing it out...

I have a sneaky suspicion that this new this regime will make numerous "out of the box" selections.
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-19-2013 at 11:21 AM.

All League
    I'm not saying I'm a fan, i was just throwing it out...

I have a sneaky suspicion that this new this regime will make a numerous "out of the box" selections.
    I agree.

Seattle took James Carpenter earlier than projected, and of course Irvin last year was certainly a shocker.

Like Vaccaro at 13 more than 9. Really good player. I don't think he'll be a star, but a very good player with a 10 year career.

Hate Hunter at 13. As a prospect he's comparable to Stephen Hill. Hunter is better, but he drops a lot of balls, and is more of a deep threat rather than a WCO guy.

Long is a bit of a reach at 39.

No way Hankins drops to 3rd. I have him going in top 45.

Otten is solid. Rather have Reed.

Jenkins, Denard solid picks as well. Catapano is pretty good. Draftcountdown.com is obsessed with him for some reason, but my old Offensive Coordinator is a coach their, and my HC's brother is Princeton's HC. Always raves about Catapano.

Give it a B-

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I agree.

Seattle took James Carpenter earlier than projected, and of course Irvin last year was certainly a shocker.
    Because Seattle treats the draft the correct way. They don't get worked up about picking guys ahead of where they MAY go. They just decide for themselves who will be good NFL players and they believe it. They take no chances and get those players.

That said, I think they were wrong with Irvin, but we'll eventually see if that's the case.

As for Vaccaro and Hunter, I really wouldn't hate it. I wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't hate it. Vaccaro is a playmaker who may suit NFL defenses trying to take on the spread offense. Versatile safety who can also cover. Hunter has elite ability, just the drops scare me.

Also think Vaccaro may prove to be an injury concern in the NFL. Seems to get banged up.

All Pro
    I personally don't see anything special about Vaccaro... picking him at 9 would be a head scratcher for me.

That #9 is just a weird place to be in this year. I hate it. Nobody really "deserves" to be picked there. So, with that in mind, I would rather they go big rather than play it safe.

On another note, that QB Stanley really slings the ball

Looked really good in the highlight video I saw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt7T3iQhw6M

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    On another note, that QB Stanley really slings the ball

Looked really good in the highlight video I saw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt7T3iQhw6M
    Ya, i've been watching a few games of his since I posted this, really like what I saw... very difficult to say how this translates against better competition, but the timing of his throws and ball placement appears nothing short of NFL caliber. I also like that he seems to have that innate clock in his head. Makes the read, keeps his eyes downfield, and gets rid of the ball on time.

How he'll fair versus NFL defenses? Well... that's why he'll be a rnd 4-6 selection. Total question mark.

But I can safely say outside of at least being tolerant of SCOTT and DYSERT, this guy actually intrigues me. Perfect "project QB" to sit in the wings for 2013

This would be a "Jedi mind trick".

I have not seen anyone with hankins out of the top 50. And I have not seen anyone rank Long before him either.

Huntr is my favorite WR in this draft, but with Hill you already got a guy to run 9s, I think a complimentary guy to run crosses that the whole WCO is predicated upon would be much better.

I like Vacaro, but not at 9, he is not Earl Thomas or Eric Berry

Love Jenkins, but would love him later than in the 5th. His Lizfranc is still bothering him and I think he may have rushed it. He and Holmes were hurt at the same time and Holmes is not even running yet.