Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mel Kiper

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    why would anyone feel the need to throw out former Jet OG to any discussion regarding talent.. The Jets are the last team anyone should look at ! they haven't been to a Superbowl since 1969.....

Dominating line of scrimmage is a must.. drafting talented players in all rounds is a must..

OG.. let's see. Gene Upshaw, Alan Faneca, Larry Allen, Russ Grim
    Larry Allen 2nd rd ,Faneca late 1st, Upshaw 1st pick 16 and Grimm 3rd rd..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Larry Allen 2nd rd ,Faneca late 1st, Upshaw 1st pick 16 and Grimm 3rd rd..
    i recall grimm in round 3.. though allen was 1 round..

regardless of round. you draft the Talent. if an all pro type player is sitting in round 1. you take him.. i understand logic regarding deep draft etc... but i still think BAP .. you can't go wrong

Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    this is rob rang if i had a choice it would be lane for me he gives you the most flexiablity down the road going to the left when dbrck becomes to expensive

Hi Joe or Rob,

Please save up and buy some periods. Your posts are REALLY difficult to read.

Thanks,
    The Rest of the Board

Corey Griffin and Brian Bassett do their draft prep with Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.net,

Tony Pauline from DraftInsider.net calls in (14:00)
    What are NFL teams doing in the next 6 days?
    What will the Jets do?
    Any new Gang Green QBs on the way?
    Chris Ivory?

http://thejetsblog.com/audio/the-jet...for-the-draft/

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    why would anyone feel the need to throw out former Jet OG to any discussion regarding talent.. The Jets are the last team anyone should look at ! they haven't been to a Superbowl since 1969.....

Dominating line of scrimmage is a must.. drafting talented players in all rounds is a must..

OG.. let's see. Gene Upshaw, Alan Faneca, Larry Allen, Russ Grim
    Yes dominating the line of scrimmage! Finally someone gets it...I've been saying this for years!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    Hi Joe or Rob,

Please save up and buy some periods. Your posts are REALLY difficult to read.

Thanks,
    The Rest of the Board
    ...Maybe Lamont... Jordan... Rules can lend him a few...

Let's name Mel Kipers best & worst moments on our beloved Jets...

Jeff Lageman...he turned out to be a good player for us...the pick was slammmed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Let's name Mel Kipers best & worst moments on our beloved Jets...

Jeff Lageman...he turned out to be a good player for us...the pick was slammmed!
    Blair Thomas ring a bell ????

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Blair Thomas ring a bell ????
    What did Kiper say? I don't recall. Everyone please write what Kiper said...

C'mon everyone we all remember Kiper ripping the Jets on numerous picks. Jets have made some head scratchers...name your most memorable Kiper Jets moment!

Jets Insider VIP
    C'mon everyone we all remember Kiper ripping the Jets on numerous picks. Jets have made some head scratchers...name your most memorable Kiper Jets moment!
    I don't really give a sh*t what Count Chocula has to say.

Mayock is hands down the best draft analyst out there.

What did Kiper say? I don't recall. Everyone please write what Kiper said...
    Not sure of his exact words ... But he regrets his rating of thomas to this day ... Read this ... http://espn.go.com/melkiper/s/2001/0406/1168617.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Not sure of his exact words ... But he regrets his rating of thomas to this day ... Read this ... http://espn.go.com/melkiper/s/2001/0406/1168617.html
    Good post thank...I forgot about some of those.busts!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    What if that OG goes on to a HOF career? Wouldn't that be great value?
    No.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    No.
    LOL

You can't be serious

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

You can't be serious
    Atleast i'm consistent. NFL OGs of the caliber you speak do not spend their entire careers with the team that drafted them anymore. You're lucky if you get those types to finish the original 4 or 5 yr contract they signed when they were drafted.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Atleast i'm consistent. NFL OGs of the caliber you speak do not spend their entire careers with the team that drafted them anymore. You're lucky if you get those types to finish the original 4 or 5 yr contract they signed when they were drafted.
    John Idzik is the cap wiz, so I'll let him worry about that.

Using your logic, I guess we shouldn't draft any good players for fear of having to pay them in the future.

LOL

You can't be serious
    What if Uzzy is a future HOFer? I'm pretty sure you can ask that of any prospect. The odds of a G making the hall as opposed to a QB or OLB is very slim. I dont think back and say wow without that great G the 49ers dont win those SBs with Montana. Lott yeah I may say that because he was the D.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    What if Uzzy is a future HOFer? I'm pretty sure you can ask that of any prospect. The odds of a G making the hall as opposed to a QB or OLB is very slim. I dont think back and say wow without that great G the 49ers dont win those SBs with Montana. Lott yeah I may say that because he was the D.
    I'm not even sure where you're going with this.

Please show me the QB or passrusher in this draft class that has HOF potential and I'll gladly jump on the bandwagon and be in favor of drafting him at all cost.

There is no Andrew Luck or RGIII in this draft.

There is no Von Miller in this draft.

The value is along the O-line where a handful of future all-pros could emerge.

All Pro
    John Idzik is the cap wiz, so I'll let him worry about that.

Using your logic, I guess we shouldn't draft any good players for fear of having to pay them in the future.
    You have never read where i posted any such thing. As a Matter of fact, i would take Jonathon Cooper at 9 and pay him if it came to it.