Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mel Kiper

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Mel Kiper

Has Jets 1st 3 picks on ESPN insider. Does anyone have access & can they share.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    that would be in direct violation of the terms and conditions I agreed to when signing up for ESPN Insider.

sorry, don't wanna go to jail.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    that would be in direct violation of the terms and conditions I agreed to when signing up for ESPN Insider.

Grow a pair. We spit on copyright infringement.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post

Why don't you just report second hand what you read. If they prosecute, I'll defend you.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    New York Jets

Top needs: OLB, S, RB, G, QB, TE

Rd. 1 (9) OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia
    Rd. 2 (39) OL Justin Pugh, Syracuse
    Rd. 3 (72) S Shawn Williams, Georgia

Analysis: I've had Barkevious Mingo to the Jets in several mocks, but in this case, with me drafting for the Cardinals, he comes off the board at No. 7 overall. So if we want to give Rex Ryan the pass-rusher he's never really had, we go with Jones. Now, Jones is more football player than athlete, but that football player is hard to ignore because his production is exceptional. He led all of college football in sacks and tackles for loss and is going to give you a high floor. He's susceptible if you have to drop him in coverage, but the Jets will pay him to rush the passer, and I think they'll get production. I'm also addressing the need at guard in Round 2. Some believe Pugh can also work in at tackle, so you get some versatility. (I tend to think he's a guard or center.) Either way, he helps. In Round 3 I'm grabbing a high-upside safety. That position has been a revolving door for the Jets for a few years now, and Williams can provide help
    Sounds pretty good.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to note, in the intro to the article, Kiper says that it is not a mock draft, or where he thinks everyone would go. It is a draft if HE was the gm of each team, who he would pick for each team, which is probably different than what he thinks might happen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Sounds pretty good.
    Tinstar is calling this in as we speak. You're going to jail, Choon. Soap up now, cause you don't want be anywhere near a bar of soap where you're going...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know where Kiper has Warmack going?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Does anyone know where Kiper has Warmack going?
    In this draft, he has him going 11 to Cleveland after a trade down.

EDIT: I should add in his latest mock (not the he's the GM draft) he has him going 10 to the Titans.
    Last edited by z28lt1; 04-19-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by z28lt1 View Post
    In this draft, he has him going 11 to Cleveland after a trade down.

EDIT: I should add in his latest mock (not the he's the GM draft) he has him going 10 to the Titans.
    Call me crazy, but I think I'd rather have Warmack at #9.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Tinstar is calling this in as we speak. You're going to jail, Choon. Soap up now, cause you don't want be anywhere near a bar of soap where you're going...
    When you get inside, whatever "group" youve been designated to will force you to shower. Dont be scared, they just want to see your ink.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Call me crazy, but I think I'd rather have Warmack at #9.
    ok your crazy just kidding i just dont think a guard in the top ten is value. especially in this draft there are at least 5 really good ones. In top ten i think you do QB, pass rusher or OT you def need two good ones now a days. Every thing else you can get in the later rounds.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    ok your crazy just kidding i just dont think a guard in the top ten is value. especially in this draft there are at least 5 really good ones. In top ten i think you do QB, pass rusher or OT you def need two good ones now a days. Every thing else you can get in the later rounds.
    There isnt really a top 10 QB this year. Gino could be, but could also slide down to the mid-late 1st if he makes it past the Bills.

I think youre spot on with OT and Pass rusher, in no particular order.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    WARMACK. The guy is just a really really good football player. Regardless of position, the Jets need more of those guys on the team.

I am on board with Warmack at 9. I am not on board with Cooper at 9. I still do not think Warmack will be there for us though. Everyone watches the same tapes. And on tape he was the single best player in college football last year. He will go very early. Earlier than the mocks. Possibly as high as 2 to Jacksonville and dollars to donuts he is gone by #6

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    What if that OG goes on to a HOF career? Wouldn't that be great value?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whip View Post
    WARMACK. The guy is just a really really good football player. Regardless of position, the Jets need more of those guys on the team.

I am on board with Warmack at 9. I am not on board with Cooper at 9. I still do not think Warmack will be there for us though. Everyone watches the same tapes. And on tape he was the single best player in college football last year. He will go very early. Earlier than the mocks. Possibly as high as 2 to Jacksonville and dollars to donuts he is gone by #6
    Where on board are you with Cooper?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Do bear sh*t in the woods?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do bear sh*t in the woods?
    sometimes in my yard

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    But the guy @ SB Nation said we're taking Geno?!!?!?!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    i just dont think so how many gaurds are in the hof tackles and centers gaurds are just giards lets think in jets history back 10 years name me a gaurd you think was awesome yeah i cant maybe you can but tackles and centers joe fields marvin powel. so guards are forgetable. the guy from ky lary warford looks like a massive road grater type that we need.