Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Santonio Holmes

Santonio Holmes

Not finding much opinion on him lately..

My question is do you think he is going to be involved in a possible draft day trade.. Or since he was willing to rework his contract he is most certainly staying??

Staying. And he's taking classes at OSU so wasn't able to report to OTAs this week.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...f-foot-injury-

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post

My question is do you think he is going to be involved in a possible draft day trade.. Or since he was willing to rework his contract he is most certainly staying??
    Pitt only got a 5th for him healthy now with a bad foot you think someone wants him??

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Pitt only got a 5th for him healthy now with a bad foot you think someone wants him??
    Who knows?? It was just a frigging question..

No.. I don't necessarily think other teams want him.. And wasn't thinking in terms of value... more along the lines of addition by subtraction but I do understand we have to field a team!! But I also understand he does have some value to another team..

sheesh!! why do the 24/7 posters think all the occasional posters are just card carrying morons??
    Last edited by GetaLife; 04-19-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

No.. I don't necessarily think other teams want him.. And wasn't thinking in terms of value... more along the lines of addition by subtraction but I do understand we have to field a team!! But I also understand he does have some value to another team..

sheesh!! why do the 24/7 posters think all the occasional posters are just card carrying morons??
    And all I did was ask a frigging question why so defensive?? He's owed too much money to go anywhere at this point in time..

I don't believe a trade would be very conducive to the salary cap. One more year and he'll be gone. That's my gut feeling.

But I do wonder if all of the b*tching he's been doing has anything to do with Sanchez? Maybe he'll be a much better and soft spoken guy if they change QB's? I get the feeling that si what Holmes hated about the offense was the loyalty to a sh*tty QB.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I don't believe a trade would be very conducive to the salary cap. One more year and he'll be gone. That's my gut feeling.

But I do wonder if all of the b*tching he's been doing has anything to do with Sanchez? Maybe he'll be a much better and soft spoken guy if they change QB's? I get the feeling that si what Holmes hated about the offense was the loyalty to a sh*tty QB.
    Once Santoni-HO and Marky are gone next year, Idzik will have the freedom to assemble his squad. Bet your testicles they are both gone next year.

And all I did was ask a frigging question why so defensive?? He's owed too much money to go anywhere at this point in time..
    Think the money is a factor but not sure we can trade an injured player anyway

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Good point hell we don't even know if he will be cleared to play by Sept..

And all I did was ask a frigging question why so defensive??
    I have a guilt complex

I can't imagine anybody would be interested in a trade. Here's a reminder of his lowlights over the past season or so:

I think he's playing in smart and keeping himself out of the press. In my decidedly pessimistic view he's more trouble than he's worth. Hopefully he won't be on the team when the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Huh? I'm pretty sure you can trade an injured player as long as the other team is aware, otherwise the thousands of stories about Revis daily would be pointless, no?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Huh? I'm pretty sure you can trade an injured player as long as the other team is aware, otherwise the thousands of stories about Revis daily would be pointless, no?
    Maybe you cant cut a injured player??

Maybe you cant cut a injured player??
    Not without an injury settlement.

Bewildered Beast

That's not true; lol. calm down and re-read things if they upset you. You've been here longer than me.

Hopefully, he doesn't come back from his injury to play for the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    That's not true; lol. calm down and re-read things if they upset you. You've been here longer than me.
    I made mention of my "guilt complex"

Hall Of Fame
    I am more interested in finding out how Hill is recovering from his injury.

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    I can't imagine anybody would be interested in a trade. Here's a reminder of his lowlights over the past season or so:

I think he's playing in smart and keeping himself out of the press. In my decidedly pessimistic view he's more trouble than he's worth. Hopefully he won't be on the team when the season starts.
    There is always some wannabe coach psychologist that thinks they can get a very talented player to find himself again... We have one..

Santonio will be around this year and after that we'll see. He's on a one-year "show me" deal with Idzik. It will likely be up to Idzik and his new H.C. (Bevell? Smith?) to make the decision of whether Holmes is worth keeping around come next March.