Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Santonio Holmes

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    The other issue is that he has a foot injury so it might slow him down a step when he comes back. Plus I'm sure his contract and our lack of WR keeps him on the Jets.

I'm hoping Holmes comes back healthy and I'm glad he has to prove himself again. Hopefully this injury has helped him mature a bit and realize that he needs to work to become the receiver he once was.

I still think we should add Braylon on a 1 yr deal after the draft (which I think we will) and potentially draft a WR in the 6-7 rounds (Aaron Mellette, Marcus Davis, Rodney Smith, Corey Fuller, Zach Rogers).

The other 2 WR in our organization that I hope grow this year are Jordan White and Thomas Mayo. Thomas Mayo says he looks up to Michael Irvin because he likes to play physical, go over the middle, and he likes blocking for the run game. He seems to be committed to the Jets and also rubbing it in the Raiders face that he ends up being good (they cut him) so that's always good.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    There is always some wannabe coach psychologist that thinks they can get a very talented player to find himself again... We have one..
    They probably are at least 5 coaches who would give him a shot and want him on their team. But none at the salary he is making. Jeff Fisher for one is a guy who is always willing to take a flyer on someone.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Say what you want about Holmes, he has tons of faults. To suggests he quit on the time is beyond idiotic

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made mention of my "guilt complex"
    Gotcha. I cannot believe that "Miss Elizabeth" has passed away; terrible story.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He bought himself some good will under the new GM so I think he is safe. If we could move him I'd be OK with it be we will not get back much and it is unlikely we replace him on the cheap. With no Shotty, Hunter, or Sanchez this year I dont think he will be an issue.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyWill View Post
    I still think we should add Braylon on a 1 yr deal after the draft (which I think we will) and potentially draft a WR in the 6-7 rounds (Aaron Mellette, Marcus Davis, Rodney Smith, Corey Fuller, Zach Rogers).
    We need to start preparing for a world without Holmes, because it's likely coming next year. If the best player available in the early rounds is a receiver (Austin?), you take him. You don't pass him by because Holmes-Hill-Kerley isn't too bad and we can add Braylon after the draft. If we add someone like Austin, there's no need for Braylon as a #5 receiver - which is likely why we haven't signed him yet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who knows?? It was just a frigging question..

No.. I don't necessarily think other teams want him.. And wasn't thinking in terms of value... more along the lines of addition by subtraction but I do understand we have to field a team!! But I also understand he does have some value to another team..

sheesh!! why do the 24/7 posters think all the occasional posters are just card carrying morons??
    Morons are issued cards?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Morons are issued cards?
    Well most are on food stamps so...