Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: Tebow throwing across Florham Park

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Sanchez has a bebe gun and is just as accurate.
    It loads quick, but the trigger is soo hard to pull. Maybe the safety is on?

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,774
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    good his upside is better than any qb we have on the roster. I hope idzik tells rex to stfu and let tebow compete like the other qb's in camp we have.
    If you keep saying it maybe it will become true. Sounds like the same logic Tebow uses.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,779
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    If you keep saying it maybe it will become true. Sounds like the same logic Tebow uses.
    lol...

    Do you think Mark Sanchez is better than Tebow? Trust me, im not making a point, im just curious.

    I think in their own special way, they suck almost equally.

  4. #24
    By no means am I an extreme Mark Sanchez enthusiast. I think he has some talent, but I don't think he will ever be a quality QB without having the same type of talent around him that Matt Ryan does.

    However, I'm so sick of Jets fans thinking Tebow has what it takes to lead this team to victory. He's got a slow throwing motion and doesn't exactly put the zip on the ball like most NFL QBs.

    Go about halfway through this video and let me know how he looks. For god sakes half of his throws are directly into the ground. He doesn't even look that good running the football. He still thinks he is in Florida's pocket where he used to stand for 5-10 seconds and decide whether he wanted to drop it off to Aaron Hernandez, Percy Harvin, or just run. What a great TEAM that Florida TEAM was from Offense to Defense. With the Jets, he wouldn't have his weapons, his running game, his time, or many wins. He is not an NFL QB and definitely not a starter in this league. If he played for the Jets all last year we would have been worse, and that's a guarantee.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVNMDdMNvDE

    GO TO 2:00 SPOT
    Last edited by CoreyWill; 04-20-2013 at 06:07 AM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyWill View Post
    ... If he played for the Jets all last year we would have been worse, and that's a guarantee.
    ... And thus we would have had a higher draft pick ... If we are going to suck might as well s******.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    ... And thus we would have had a higher draft pick ... If we are going to suck might as well s******.
    hah see I do agree with you here. The thing is, the Jets were in no way built for Tebow to take over that (joke of an) offense.

    And I know some will say "well we had nothing to lose by giving him a shot." However, if you thought Mark Sanchez looked bad last year, then I wish you would have seen Tebow more. You would be buying a new TV this fall because your remote would have went through it.

    I don't want to hear about how he was a winner on a great Florida team. I don't care that he had a little magical run with the Broncos that ended in a blowout by the Patriots. He threw for a 46% completion rate and averaged less than 6.5 yards per attempt . In 11 starts, he had 7 fumbles (not good for mobile QB at all), 6 interceptions (limited passing attempts, not many risks), and 100 passes that hit his WRs feet (made up stat).

    Don't get me wrong, I love his work ethic and it's a shame that not all players maximize their god-given (this is a Tebow post after-all) talents. But if Tim Tebow has all this supposed skill and the ability to win and make the playoffs, then teams would be after him right now trying to make a deal.

  7. #27
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyWill View Post
    By no means am I an extreme Mark Sanchez enthusiast. I think he has some talent, but I don't think he will ever be a quality QB without having the same type of talent around him that Matt Ryan does.

    However, I'm so sick of Jets fans thinking Tebow has what it takes to lead this team to victory. He's got a slow throwing motion and doesn't exactly put the zip on the ball like most NFL QBs.

    Go about halfway through this video and let me know how he looks. For god sakes half of his throws are directly into the ground. He doesn't even look that good running the football. He still thinks he is in Florida's pocket where he used to stand for 5-10 seconds and decide whether he wanted to drop it off to Aaron Hernandez, Percy Harvin, or just run. What a great TEAM that Florida TEAM was from Offense to Defense. With the Jets, he wouldn't have his weapons, his running game, his time, or many wins. He is not an NFL QB and definitely not a starter in this league. If he played for the Jets all last year we would have been worse, and that's a guarantee.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVNMDdMNvDE

    GO TO 2:00 SPOT
    What's your point? You want to show a QB's bad plays? then lets do it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlSZu...yer_detailpage

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    What's your point? You want to show a QB's bad plays? then lets do it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlSZu...yer_detailpage
    LMAO okay the point was to show Tebow's overall lack of talent. The ball floats out of his hand, his grip strength on the ball isn't great, no arm strength, sits in the pocket for hours, throws come up short... Need I continue? I could show a video of Tebow doing good things and people would still be kind of eh.

    BTW Brady has no time on many of those plays and other times they are coverage sacks. Your video literally proved nothing besides that the Jets rushed Brady well that game and had good coverage. I'm actually impressed with his pocket presence on several plays there and the Jets had a better defense then.

    The point I'm trying to prove is that Tebow does not have the NFL arm to make the throws you need to succeed in this league. Especially considering the big deal they are giving Matt Barkley, who has twice the arm strength of Tebow.

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,161
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    What's your point? You want to show a QB's bad plays? then lets do it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlSZu...yer_detailpage
    enjoy the CFL. You'll have to learn to say your nightly Teblow prayers in Canadian, but eh, that shouldn't be all that hard, eh.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    enjoy the CFL. You'll have to learn to say your nightly Teblow prayers in Canadian, but eh, that shouldn't be all that hard, eh.
    I'm glad some agree with me on Tebow. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Mark Sanchez is a good QB either, but he is better than Tebow by NFL standards.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyWill View Post
    I'm glad some agree with me on Tebow. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Mark Sanchez is a good QB either, but he is better than Tebow by NFL standards.
    Once upon a time .... Yes .... Now .... No way ... Not even close.

  12. #32
    We know one thing for sure, the Jets had no answer for Tebow when they played in Denver and he beat us at the end... Also, what kind of quarterback lowers his shoulder and trys to run over Darrelle Revis in this league? Tim Tebow that's who...

    Before you shoot your mouth off anymore about how the guy can't play, tell me why our top rated defense under Rex Ryan couldn't stop the guy from beating us?

    GUY STARTED ON HIS OWN GOAL LINE AND YOU COULDN'T STOP HIM???


    WHO SUCKS AGAIN?



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7OpSgG_CUI

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,021
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Exactly!!!!!!!Its kinda a shaame. hes a really good guy. He can help a team,doing this, doing that. But he gets rock star treatment, and its just too much to deal with, especially in N.Y
    Doing this, doing that is for HS, maybe College.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    We know one thing for sure, the Jets had no answer for Tebow when they played in Denver and he beat us at the end... Also, what kind of quarterback lowers his shoulder and trys to run over Darrelle Revis in this league? Tim Tebow that's who...

    Before you shoot your mouth off anymore about how the guy can't play, tell me why our top rated defense under Rex Ryan couldn't stop the guy from beating us?

    GUY STARTED ON HIS OWN GOAL LINE AND YOU COULDN'T STOP HIM???


    WHO SUCKS AGAIN?



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7OpSgG_CUI

    Who sucks again? Eric Smith Sucks again when he couldn't set an edge. He got caught up in the d-line on Tebow's TD run and missed his assignment. Watch him on Tebow's TD run and you will see.

    Mark Sanchez also threw a pick 6 in the 3rd quarter that kept the Broncos in the game. Tebow finished 9-20 for 104 yards and his ONE big play in the game was the 20 yard run, which shouldn't have happened if Eric Smith wasn't slow and unaware.

    If 9-20 for 104 yards and only 172 total yards in the game is your idea of of a winning QB then you need to reevaluate your standards. Tebow was miserable that game and missed wide open WRs all game.

    Want to hear how bad Tebow was that game? McKnight fumbled a kickoff at the 40 yard line in the 3rd quarter. Despite having Matt Prater, one of the best kickers in the league, Denver went three and out with after 1 McGahee run and 2 Tebow incompletions. They ended up punting even though we practically HANDED them 3 points.

    The only reason the Broncos won that game was because our running game was shut down and Sanchez struggled too. In other words, the Broncos defense won the game by scoring 7 points and holding the Jets all game.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyWill View Post

    The only reason the Broncos won that game was because our running game was shut down and Sanchez struggled too. In other words, the Broncos defense won the game by scoring 7 points and holding the Jets all game.
    ... You obviously did not watch the game Tebow singlehandedly won that game .. And it was not one play ... It was an excruciating drive driven by one person ... Tebow... Against our 'elite' defense.

    Watch the game again ... Then come back here and post the same crap.

    For the record ... I want both Sanchez and Tebow gone.

    I am willing to give Mark a game or two though and see if he can do anything throwing short passes in a WC offense ... A skill he is horrid at.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 04-20-2013 at 11:29 AM.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    ... You obviously did not watch the game Tebow singlehandedly won at game .. And it was not one play ... It was an excruciating drive driven by one person ... Tebow... Against our 'elite' defense.

    Watch the game again ... Then come back here and post the same crap.

    For the record ... I want both Sanchez and Tebow gone.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not a huge Mark Sanchez advocate. He has shown flashes of good play but has obviously been too inconsistent over the 4 years to be considered a 'franchise' quarterback. My whole argument is that Tebow would not have thrived on the Jets this year and he isn't this extremely talented player who is going to go out and win a game by himself.

    To your point, I did watch that game from start to finish. If Tebow "singlehandedly" won that game then Mark Sanchez "singlehandedly" brought us to the AFC championship in '09 & '10 .

    You are probably the same Jet fan that says Sanchez did nothing to attribute to 2 AFC championship games even though he was clutch in the playoffs. Yet, you probably think Tim Tebow is the main reason the Broncos made that run in 2011 and won that specific game .

    If you don't remember, our 'elite' defense had a knack for giving up that final drive all season. Your forget that Tebow failed on every other drive of the game, including times where we gave them good field position. The Broncos had 4, count it 4 first downs from passing that game. A team should NEVER win a game with only 4 passing first downs and not many more on the rushing side. The reason the Broncos won that game was because their defense played solid for 4 quarters. A pick-six is pretty important too I'd say considering it was a 4 point game.

    If you still believe that one drive wins a game, and not a solid defense for 4 quarters, then you don't know football. Why do you think so many articles say Tebow might have no more shots as a starting QB in the NFL? Why do you think the Jets NEVER used him at QB to pass? Because he is not a viable NFL QB.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyWill View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not a huge Mark Sanchez advocate. He has shown flashes of good play but has obviously been too inconsistent over the 4 years to be considered a 'franchise' quarterback. My whole argument is that Tebow would not have thrived on the Jets this year and he isn't this extremely talented player who is going to go out and win a game by himself.

    To your point, I did watch that game from start to finish. If Tebow "singlehandedly" won that game then Mark Sanchez "singlehandedly" brought us to the AFC championship in '09 & '10 .

    You are probably the same Jet fan that says Sanchez did nothing to attribute to 2 AFC championship games even though he was clutch in the playoffs. Yet, you probably think Tim Tebow is the main reason the Broncos made that run in 2011 and won that specific game .

    If you don't remember, our 'elite' defense had a knack for giving up that final drive all season. Your forget that Tebow failed on every other drive of the game, including times where we gave them good field position. The Broncos had 4, count it 4 first downs from passing that game. A team should NEVER win a game with only 4 passing first downs and not many more on the rushing side. The reason the Broncos won that game was because their defense played solid for 4 quarters. A pick-six is pretty important too I'd say considering it was a 4 point game.

    If you still believe that one drive wins a game, and not a solid defense for 4 quarters, then you don't know football. Why do you think so many articles say Tebow might have no more shots as a starting QB in the NFL? Why do you think the Jets NEVER used him at QB to pass? Because he is not a viable NFL QB.
    Fair enough ... And to your point about Sackchez ... I think he played spectacularly during the post-season ... Problem is ... It seems to have been an aberration ... Wouldn't you say?? The sample set on him is massive ... He is horrible.

    However .. I have recently watched that game again ... Tebow led that team to victory ... And played lights out during that drive.

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,960
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I know I am going to bashed for this comment but Tebow might be the best QB we have right now....better yet, he might give us the best chance to win football games. Also I think they are keepin Tebow in the possibility that Sanchez might be part of the TB trade for a 1st, 3rd and 6th. This might be part of the reason why this trade is being held up.
    Tebow was the best qb on the roster last year in terms of winning games. The problem was the jets didnt and do not want to play sandlot football. And thats the only offense tebow can be successful in.

  19. #39
    Did you see the early tackle Jim Leonhard missed? The assignment Eric Smith missed? I'll agree it was a clutch drive going that far against the Jets defense. However, one drive doesn't win a game because he was lucky his defense put him in that situation in the first place. Plug-in most starting QBs for the Broncos that game and they blow us out, plain and simple. Tebow was the only reason we were even in the game. My first thought after we lost that game was that we beat ourselves. We gave up a pick-six and a 2 min drive where our defense played ugly.

    I'll agree with you all day that Sanchez is not a good QB. I think our entire offense sucked last year but obviously his play was extremely bad. The other thing is this though, look at how the Falcons built around Matt Ryan with WRs, RBs, and Gonzalez. Sanchez would trade places with him in a heartbeat I'm sure.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us