Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goose bumps everytime i watch this! Go Jets

Goose bumps everytime i watch this! Go Jets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg8ts6MHpyI

I remember watching this game and it was so good to find it on the net. The last one minute is electrifying! Pump up the volume on the crowd at Shea the last minute of the game. I have to admit I got choked up the first time I played it after all of these years....lol

Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg8ts6MHpyI

I remember watching this game and it was so good to find it on the net. The last one minute is electrifying! Pump up the volume on the crowd at Shea the last minute of the game. I have to admit I got choked up the first time I played it after all of these years....lol
    great win .. Those were the days we had a home field advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    You are spot on. Shea might have been a cesspool, but it was ours.We have ZERO advantage playing in the shopping mall we now call home. Probably the worst thing that ever happened to this franchise is when the scumbag Dolans were able to get their puppet Silver to defeat the West Side Stadium.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I was there.Sitting in end zone seats, and the TD pass came right at me. The lower level stands then were temporary, and when the catch was made and the stadium erupted, my section was literally bouncing up and down.

Easily one of the Top 5 games I ever attended.

Quote Originally Posted by parkwayjet1 View Post
    I was there.Sitting in end zone seats, and the TD pass came right at me. The lower level stands then were temporary, and when the catch was made and the stadium erupted, my section was literally bouncing up and down.

Easily one of the Top 5 games I ever attended.
    As a old timer I wish I would have been at this game!

Jets Insider VIP
    I was there, but being senile, I have no recollection of this game, Was this the season that they eventually faced the Dolphins again for the AFC Championship in the game that Cheating Don turned on the sprinklers to stop McNeil and the running game?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I was there, but being senile, I have no recollection of this game, Was this the season that they eventually faced the Dolphins again for the AFC Championship in the game that Cheating Don turned on the sprinklers to stop McNeil and the running game?
    No. They lost in a heartbreaker vs the Bills.

Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Sorry, I attended games at Shea since 1966 and Shea Stadium was NO homefield advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    You are spot on. Shea might have been a cesspool, but it was ours.We have ZERO advantage playing in the shopping mall we now call home. Probably the worst thing that ever happened to this franchise is when the scumbag Dolans were able to get their puppet Silver to defeat the West Side Stadium.
    What absurd revisionist history!

It was "ours"? BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

It belonged to the NY Mets, who would not let the Jets play a home game until early October after baseball season. Not only that, but the team couldn't practice there and we fans were not allowed to tailgate. The Jets were treated like complete dogshiit by the Mets, Ed Koch and everyone associated with Shea Stadium.
    Last edited by Dcat; 04-19-2013 at 05:45 PM.

"Leadership Capabilities".

Something this franchise has lacked since Namath. Ok, Todd had a bit of it. O`Brien could have had it, but he was completely shell-shocked towards the end of his career. Pennington had it but he was just too fragile. Testaverde had it but it was only because he was so pissed that he was the Bucs QB for too long. He also suffered a freak injury. Really haven`t had that quality in a QB since. Favre was an ego but injury also spoiled it. Eh, thanks for the link though. Love watching this old stuff. You`ll NEVER have that sort of fan base ever again. Just a bunch of spoiled rich folk jumping on the wagon when it`s way too late now.

This will be the perfect tonic for re-watching the Fake Spike game recently. This game remains the most exciting Jet game I ever watched.

EDIT: Um, for some reason I didn't look close enough and thought this was going to be the 51-45 OT victory over the Fins - which is really the most exciting Jet game I ever watched. This one is great though also. A lot of classic games in this rivalry.
    Last edited by MykePM; 04-19-2013 at 09:18 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot

Veteran
    Thanks for this. Of course, now my whole afternoon at work has basically been a bust, but whatever...

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    I remember either this year or the next...Lupica wrote about the pending Jets playoff chances ..."Playing for Three in Jet Weather" regarding the ONLY "home field advantage" ie frosty ass windy conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    No. They lost in a heartbreaker vs the Bills.
    We were down what...24 zip, and came all the way back.

Down 24 zip..... Some things hurt 30 years later.

I was home from college...may have been XMAS eve or day before.

All League
    Joe Fields...haaa..Nice guy hates talking about todays game, pro bowl center biggest contract 50,000.00....Thats when men were men and football was football..

All Pro
    Thanks for posting. I remember the watching the game -- especially the image of Richard Todd hobbling off the field after the game. Expected big things from those early '80s teams.

I was 8 at the time and that was THE game that made me a Jets fan. Chills down my spine watching this again; thank you for posting. Any chance you have Cleveland or Greenbay from that year ie the last two games of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by LesterLyles View Post
    I was 8 at the time and that was THE game that made me a Jets fan. Chills down my spine watching this again; thank you for posting. Any chance you have Cleveland or Greenbay from that year ie the last two games of the year?
    I went to the Green Bay game. snowing in Shea....I left for college right after the game.

good time to be a JETS fan.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I went to the Green Bay game. snowing in Shea....I left for college right after the game.

good time to be a JETS fan.
    Thanks for posting! How exciting it was that year watching the Sack Exchange!!!

Thanks for posting. Wow. Just reminds me how old I am getting. Recall watching those early 80s Jets games as a kid growing up in NY. I can't remember Giants Stadium or MetLife being as loud as Shea?

Last thing, imo, no one did football like NBC. Really enjoyed watching the Jets on the peacock network. Every game in the 4thQ -- 2 minute warning -- NBC aired fantastic finishes sponsored by ALCOA.