Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: I want Ansah and Manuel with pick 9 and 13

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    857
    Post Thanks / Like

    I want Ansah and Manuel with pick 9 and 13

    Ansah is just elite.The more I watch this kids tape....he just winds a way to the ball whether chasing screens or constant motor.He is a better Jpp in that he is more tough and aggressive and that he can bull rush more.Polian called him Bruce Smith yesterday.
    Manuel the more I watch his tape,he has a very good accuracy underneath,something which seperates him from other athlete qbs.He can run the pistol/or the option.When he runs,he doesn't look for contact and will run out of bounds when he sees a defender,thus will not get hurt.I don't wana risk him being taken and if we get pick 13 we need to get him.
    At pick 9 Ansah has to be it if he is there.
    We will be set for the next 10 years which these 2,it's an elite foundation.

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    857
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will say this...the more I watch Ansah...the more I know this kid is a monster type generational de.This kids motor seperates him from any player in this draft offense or defense.Slam dunk win if he's available at 9,his upside is such he seriously should be in discussion for number 1 overall.

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    857
    Post Thanks / Like
    Polian on Ansah : Polian: "He's going to succeed, and the likelihood of his success is pretty darn good."

    "He just finds a way to get off a block, and escapes from it naturally. In the space of about six weeks (in the 2012 season), without ever having played the game before at the highest level, he learned how to defeat a double-team. It takes people years to do that. He's a natural athlete. It would take a lot of courage to make this pick, you're going to be criticized, but to me, this is a guy that has it all. 'Cinderella' is going to break the glass slipper into smithereens. This is a tough, physical, ferocious guy."

    "He's more physical than Jason Pierre-Paul; this is a little bit of a Bruce Smith comparison, physically. He has the ability to transfer speed into power--(snaps fingers)--like that. That's the rarest commodity to find."

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ansah:
    Wash State
    Weber State
    Utah
    Boise State
    Hawaii
    Utah State
    Oregon State
    Notre Dame
    Georgia Tech
    Idaho
    San Jose State
    New Mexico State

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is Manuel in first round consideration now? Jeez... I like the guy as a 3rd round or so prospect...

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Ansah:
    Wash State
    Weber State
    Utah
    Boise State
    Hawaii
    Utah State
    Oregon State
    Notre Dame
    Georgia Tech
    Idaho
    San Jose State
    New Mexico State
    Senior Bowl...

    It's on Youtube, watch it. He was the best player.

    And the Notre Dame game is an excellent game to watch too.


    If you think he's going to be a bust, put your name to it and say it.

    I'm very happy because I don't see any of the top 4 pass rushers being a bust outside of injury. Jordan is the best, Ansah number 2, Mingo is 3 with the highest chance at busting, and Jarvis Jones is 4. Jones however has the lowest upside of the bunch. No chance at 15 sacks... His high side is 10.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Is Manuel in first round consideration now? Jeez... I like the guy as a 3rd round or so prospect...
    1st or 2nd.

    And in my opinion, he has the best chance to be very good out of every QB in this draft. Each of the others have huge flaws.

    Only Nassib and Glennon have a chance at being better in my opinion. I don't hate Geno, I just see no way he is anything better than average. The accuracy and decision making is just too damn inconsistent.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Senior Bowl...

    It's on Youtube, watch it. He was the best player.

    And the Notre Dame game is an excellent game to watch too.


    If you think he's going to be a bust, put your name to it and say it.

    I'm very happy because I don't see any of the top 4 pass rushers being a bust outside of injury. Jordan is the best, Ansah number 2, Mingo is 3 with the highest chance at busting, and Jarvis Jones is 4. Jones however has the lowest upside of the bunch. No chance at 15 sacks... His high side is 10.
    I never said he was going to bust but he is a boom bust player. As you well know there are A LOT of things you need to look at when evaluating a player. One of those is level of competition and overall resume. Playing at BYU with that competition is not the same as some other tougher conferences and the reports at the senior bowl were that he was nothing special before hand but had a fantastic game.

    I have him rated lower than what most people seem to because he is a risk. For very Jason Pierre Paul there are three guys who failed with one year of production and being an great athlete. JPP is the exception, not the rule.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,736
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    I will say this...the more I watch Ansah...the more I know this kid is a monster type generational de.This kids motor seperates him from any player in this draft offense or defense.Slam dunk win if he's available at 9,his upside is such he seriously should be in discussion for number 1 overall.
    I agree with this.
    He passes the eye test. I watched a play where they tried to fake motion away from him, came back to his side & he just screamed back & made the play!
    Dude is like 270 & moves like a cheetah.
    I'm praying he is there because the pcs the Jets have in place with Coples & Mo
    & if they get the 9 & 13 you could be talking about Ansah & Star!
    Now you take the best safety in the 2nd round & you have a kick azz defense again.
    You go all offense the rest of the way, hell you still have 2-3s, 4/5/6/7!
    This is the 1st year of the Jets rebuild
    You take BPA baby, whether it's defense or offense the way the board falls.
    you end up with Ansah, Star, & Vaccaro (never know), Jets are gonna be hurtin some QBs this year.
    Or if your thinking offense you could go Warmack or Cooper, Austin, Ertz.
    This is the most interesting draft the Jets will have in a long time, or back when they had 4 1st round draft picks that they had to OVERPAY B4 the new CBA.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I never said he was going to bust but he is a boom bust player. As you well know there are A LOT of things you need to look at when evaluating a player. One of those is level of competition and overall resume. Playing at BYU with that competition is not the same as some other tougher conferences and the reports at the senior bowl were that he was nothing special before hand but had a fantastic game.

    I have him rated lower than what most people seem to because he is a risk. For very Jason Pierre Paul there are three guys who failed with one year of production and being an great athlete. JPP is the exception, not the rule.
    I agree about JPP being the exception, it still boggles my mind that he became great. He wasn't even the 2nd best player on that USF defense.

    But Ansah has the same exact qualities as JPP. The same weird athleticism in his hips. It's almost as if his lower half isn't attached to his upper half. He can just go in a different direction at a good speed where other guys have to stop and start. His tackling radius is also fantastic and I really was watching the practices and senior bowl with the mentality that he was going to underwhelm me. Then again, I watch everyone starting from a pessimistic view point.

    Jordan is still the best, but I would put Ansah 2nd.

    The only thing that would hurt my view of Ansah is the age issue. If it turns out that he's 26 years old or something, I may put Mingo ahead of him. I didn't investigate it enough, but I've seen some things written about his age and how 24 may not be legit.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,786
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    1st or 2nd.

    And in my opinion, he has the best chance to be very good out of every QB in this draft. Each of the others have huge flaws.

    Only Nassib and Glennon have a chance at being better in my opinion. I don't hate Geno, I just see no way he is anything better than average. The accuracy and decision making is just too damn inconsistent.
    that's the thing with taking gino or barkley. you're getting a guy who doesn't have the tools to excel. at least with manuel, the upside is there. at least with nassib, the short and medium accuracy are there. not a fan of glennon, i just don't like qbs who are that immobile. look at how athletic defenses get. with a guy like glennon you don't even have to sack him, if you get him off his spot his accuracy decreases substantially.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone grab the spank towels, it's about to get sticky in here.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,421
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I agree with this.
    He passes the eye test. I watched a play where they tried to fake motion away from him, came back to his side & he just screamed back & made the play!
    Dude is like 270 & moves like a cheetah.
    I'm praying he is there because the pcs the Jets have in place with Coples & Mo
    & if they get the 9 & 13 you could be talking about Ansah & Star!
    Now you take the best safety in the 2nd round & you have a kick azz defense again.
    You go all offense the rest of the way, hell you still have 2-3s, 4/5/6/7!
    This is the 1st year of the Jets rebuild
    You take BPA baby, whether it's defense or offense the way the board falls.
    you end up with Ansah, Star, & Vaccaro (never know), Jets are gonna be hurtin some QBs this year.
    Or if your thinking offense you could go Warmack or Cooper, Austin, Ertz.
    This is the most interesting draft the Jets will have in a long time, or back when they had 4 1st round draft picks that they had to OVERPAY B4 the new CBA.
    Ansah and Star at 9 and 13? Rex would do cartwheels!

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,779
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    Ansah and Star at 9 and 13? Rex would do cartwheels!
    Jets have MO & COP. No need 4 ****!!! just sayin

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,293
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets end up with the 9th and 13th picks in the 1st round, my dream would be Cooper and Ansah.


    If we only have the 9th pick, I am not sure i wouldn't want to trade down.

  16. #16
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    857
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11mhHC7U4IU
    Manuel = Cam Newton or higher upside.I like his accuracy and running skills.

  17. #17
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    857
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you can get a Cam Newton type qb at 13...you take it and run with it.Hell yes I would take him.I don't wana risk someone trading up and getting him.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,249
    Post Thanks / Like
    At first I was against Ansah at 9, but the more research I do the more I don't like Mingo and Jones (assuming they fall to 9 as well). Would prefer Jordan but he should be gone.

    EJ Manuel at 13??? No thanks. Rather take Cooper, Warmack, Austin or Eifert and then snag a QB in the 3rd/4th round. I don't see a huge gap between Manuel/Nassib/Geno/Barkley and even a couple of others. So why pass on a stud Guard or TE and take a flier on a QB simply because he is a QB.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    How are average at best qb's who are pegged for mid rounds somehow always pushed to the first!! Dumb dumbs

  20. #20
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    857
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are absolutely blind who don't see that Manuel has probowl type talent.He is as smooth as rocks when he runs and I like accuracy better than any of the athlete described qbs...including Kaepernick.Non of the qbs I studied Vick/Kaepernick/Cam/Rg3 were as accurate.All of those may have a bigger arm,but I look for accuracy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us