Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I want Ansah and Manuel with pick 9 and 13

Plus I am also confident he can stay healthy.He's 6 ft 5 and he doesn't look to engage in contact...instead carefully runs out of bounds.He has an above avg arm and can make every single throw, and complete short - medium range passes with ease.I have seen him run a successful option and pistol.He could be a franchise qb and I whole hardedly believe that.Only Glennon has a higher upside...but Manuel has the athleticism to seperate himself from all the other qbs.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    You guys are absolutely blind who don't see that Manuel has probowl type talent.He is as smooth as rocks when he runs and I like accuracy better than any of the athlete described qbs...including Kaepernick.Non of the qbs I studied Vick/Kaepernick/Cam/Rg3 were as accurate.All of those may have a bigger arm,but I look for accuracy.
    He doesn't handle pressure well, and he's not very accurate when he has to move. He may improve this with better footwork. He does have very high upside, and there are games where he looks like he should be drafted #1 overall, but he also had games where it looked like he should be an UFA. Risky pick. I'd like it in the 2nd round.

I'd rather take Ansah and Barkley. Or Ansah, Eifert, and Glennon. Barkley is going to be awesome. Glennon could be really good.

MANUEL is the Real!!! He comes from a FOOTBALL AREA in Hampton RDS / TIDEWATER VA. The 7 Cities!!! Portsmouth, Norfolk, Va Beach, Hampton, Newport News, Suffolk, & Chesapeake.

Tons of Atheletes

Jerrod Mayo
    Burress
    Vick
    josh Baker
    Manuel
    Bly
    Bruce Smith
    Chancellor
    Iverson - NBA
    Mourning - NBA
    Tajh Boyd
    terry Kirby
    Justin Hunter
    DeAngelo Hall
    Harvin
    Joe Smith - NBA
    Cuddyer - MLB
    Upton's - MLB
    David Wright - MLB
    Zimmerman - MLB
    Mark Reynolds - MLB
    Verlander - Rt down road (MLB)

Off the top of my head!!! There are A lot more too..

ansah at 9 and kenny vascarro at 13

we could get offensive line in free agency or in other rounds

You guys are absolutely blind who don't see that Manuel has probowl type talent.He is as smooth as rocks when he runs and I like accuracy better than any of the athlete described qbs...including Kaepernick.Non of the qbs I studied Vick/Kaepernick/Cam/Rg3 were as accurate.All of those may have a bigger arm,but I look for accuracy.
    Pro bowl talent and a good QB are sometimes two different things. I am not only a FSU fan but also one of the biggest supporters of this draft class. I just dont like Manuel as a pro prospect. He is no Kaepernic or RG3. He is more of a Russell or Gabbert. He has ability and talent just lacks that special 2nd gear IMO. I get why people have him high this year but he doesnt even make my list of top ten QBs this year. I'd be pretty upset if he was our pick. Give me Barkley, Geno, Glennon, Nassib, Scott, Drysert, Brey, Tuel, Jones, Brad Sorensen, or Crist before Manuel. The same people that will be high on Boyd next year are the ones that like this kid. I am not a fan of either.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 04-20-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Jets have MO & COP. No need 4 ****!!! just sayin
    People are forgetting that if the Jets trade Revis & end up with 2 firsts, 2 thirds & 2 sixes, they will have 10 picks!
    You come out of this draft with Ansah & Star in the 1st round, they are dancing in Florham park.
    Now you have Barnes, Pace, Ansah, Mo, Coples, Star, Nickerson!
    You need depth at the nose in a 3/4, one injury & your f*cked, see last year when Devito & Pouha got hurt & we couldn't stop the run.
    If you can't stop the run in this league you aren't winning anything!
    If Idzik gets Ivory, & we already got a speedster in Goodsen, Powell will be better next year, that's a nice stable of RBs.
    That means the Jets still have 8 picks to fix the offense.
    Maybe Ertz at 39, I'm thinking a safety with one of the 3s. Even with that you still would be picking 7 offensive players, plus UDFAs.
    This draft is gonna be very interesting.
    So many ways to turn, Jets are also in the sweet spot if they get the 13 from the Bucs.
    I could see Minny wanted to trade up. Idzik could cement his legacy in this draft with the Jets. I bet he & the Jets scouts are excited about the possibilities.
    A lot of underclassman came out making this a very good, deep draft.
    I'm very happy the Pats have the least picks they have had in years.
    This was the draft to have multiple picks in my opinion.

Ansah is just elite.The more I watch this kids tape....he just winds a way to the ball whether chasing screens or constant motor.He is a better Jpp in that he is more tough and aggressive and that he can bull rush more.Polian called him Bruce Smith yesterday.
    Manuel the more I watch his tape,he has a very good accuracy underneath,something which seperates him from other athlete qbs.He can run the pistol/or the option.When he runs,he doesn't look for contact and will run out of bounds when he sees a defender,thus will not get hurt.I don't wana risk him being taken and if we get pick 13 we need to get him.
    At pick 9 Ansah has to be it if he is there.
    We will be set for the next 10 years which these 2,it's an elite foundation.
    I totally agree cookie. This would be a great first 2 picks. Only way first round could be better is if we trade back from 13 and get additional 1st rounder and still land Manuel and maybe an olineman.

All League
    What kind of expression is smooth as rocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    If the Jets end up with the 9th and 13th picks in the 1st round, my dream would be Cooper and Ansah.

If we only have the 9th pick, I am not sure i wouldn't want to trade down.
    This would be ideal as well - Ansah and Cooper and our team is significantly better at 2 huge spots.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    How are average at best qb's who are pegged for mid rounds somehow always pushed to the first!! Dumb dumbs
    (cough Mark Sanchez cough)

I'm with you on Ansah - he has the highest potential of any DE in this drafft - but not with Manuel. The guy struggled in pretty much every big game of his collegiate career and the read option won't be around for long (if that's what you're thinking). I realize he's a bigger QB and more of a pocket passer, but still he just never impressed me. If we're going to bite the bullet, and by no means do I think we should, of drafting a QB early it should be Smith or Nassib. Nassib's a prototypical WCO QB.

Talking Jets like Zac Dysert and Sio moore in later rounds. Should go OL for pick 9.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    At first I was against Ansah at 9, but the more research I do the more I don't like Mingo and Jones (assuming they fall to 9 as well). Would prefer Jordan but he should be gone.

EJ Manuel at 13??? No thanks. Rather take Cooper, Warmack, Austin or Eifert and then snag a QB in the 3rd/4th round. I don't see a huge gap between Manuel/Nassib/Geno/Barkley and even a couple of others. So why pass on a stud Guard or TE and take a flier on a QB simply because he is a QB.
    --That is correct. Manual at 13 would be a big overdraft-- he just played in the easy read option... no way to tell if he could ever look for 3rd and 4th level receivers. Also, did not play great against better defenses. We need guards and tackles. Warmack could be all pro material next to Mangold. I understand the Jets like Zac Dysert== might be available in 3rd round.!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    (cough Mark Sanchez cough)
    Over the last 10 years I'd say maybe 4 or 5 QBs taken in the 1st dont fit that description. Young and Vick where probowl guys that where below average starters. Most teams struggle to find even an average NFL starter. Mark was a small weak armed QB drafted on potential. Plain and simple if you believe a guy will be a good pro you take him earlier then his worth. Success rates at QB are low because if you aren't a top 16 QB right off the bat your on the hot seat. Very few guys get 4-5 years when they aren't putting up 85+ QBRs which is average. Personally I'd kill for one year of that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Personally I'd kill for one year of that right now.
    Hear Hear ... Although I think Vick WAS elite in his own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Hear Hear ... Although I think Vick WAS elite in his own way.
    elite garbage as a QB maybe

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    At first I was against Ansah at 9, but the more research I do the more I don't like Mingo and Jones (assuming they fall to 9 as well). Would prefer Jordan but he should be gone.

EJ Manuel at 13??? No thanks. Rather take Cooper, Warmack, Austin or Eifert and then snag a QB in the 3rd/4th round. I don't see a huge gap between Manuel/Nassib/Geno/Barkley and even a couple of others. So why pass on a stud Guard or TE and take a flier on a QB simply because he is a QB.
    I'm with you. I'd love to get Ansah and Cooper (or Warmack). And Keenan Allen in the second.

Quote Originally Posted by brex View Post
    I'm with you. I'd love to get Ansah and Cooper (or Warmack). And Keenan Allen in the second.
    lol What? Wake up your dreaming. He is more likely to go top ten then 2nd round. I'll take him over Ansah and Warmack.