Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Played Golf with an NFL GM...

How did you play?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    No insults at all, actually I think you're a great poster... but posting some things with a fact agenda, I feel the need to respond. It's awesome you played golf with some current and former NFL guys, but I am going to question the validity of things you posted
    Why? Because the guy has a round of golf with a former GM and this is what he said?

Perhaps that University education, and the burning desire to question everything that goes with it, could be used more constructively...

Thanks for the post, very interesting to hear a opinion outside of our little circle.

A few points,

As much as it may pain many here, Sanchez is proving to be a large mistake. One in the end that cost Tanny his job. Adding in the extension given to him after trying to acquire Manning, which was done because the Jets finally admitted to themselves behind closed doors that Mark was mistake,sealed his fate once and for all. As much as we all wanted him to go, he really was a pretty good GM until two years ago.

As far as Rex goes, what many here fail to realize is, many good NFL people agree with this GM opinion of him. Rex is very well respected in NFL circles and Woody know this as well as our new GM, I believe. So Rex is being given a chance to show he can recover and turn things around. Remember when he was first hired he was everyone darling. Having a good season this year will put him right back in the cat bird seat again. Yet, even if Rex is let go next year, you will all see what I am saying by how quickly he is hired as a HC again.

As far as Brady and the Pats are concerned, there is no arguing they have never won another Super Bowl championship since they were caught red handed cheating on there games. Yet, anyone who believes Tom Brady does not belong in the Hall on the first ballot does not really respect the game of football. The guy is a winner and a great player and competitor. Although I hate his guts and can't wait till he retires, it only because he is not a Jet.

The last point sounds like sour grapes. Give me a break. Everyone did it and probably to some extent still does it.

As far as Sanchez, that's no surprise to me and it shouldn't be to anyone else. Anyone with a brain saw this entire thing coming.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Ahh the quick change of the subject to get the negative discussion off of your precious Pats...

I thought what Sanchez said was good for him, he needs to develop a spine, it's his biggest handicap, I still think he has it in him to bounce back and I'm rooting for him.

As for the media obsession with the Jets, Tebow didn't start that, it existed well before Tebow, and it starts with the jackasses covering the team.
    I lol'ed.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    A lot of nfl coaches don't like Belichick, I think he is one of the most disliked personalities in the nfl.
    Agreed he's likely widely disliked ... and like Belichick gives a damn

Hall Of Fame
    Ahh the quick change of the subject to get the negative discussion off of your precious Pats...

I thought what Sanchez said was good for him, he needs to develop a spine, it's his biggest handicap, I still think he has it in him to bounce back and I'm rooting for him.

As for the media obsession with the Jets, Tebow didn't start that, it existed well before Tebow, and it starts with the jackasses covering the team.
    Well the Jets didn't do themselves any favors with the whole Tebow situation. It was a total publicity stunt brought on by the owner. The media just ran with the access that the Jets gave them.

Here are reports from Sanchez's interview from Friday.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Sanchez, speaking on Fox radio, said Tebow situation wasn't the best for either of them. Said the #jets could have avoided some of it though

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Sanchez's comments are at least a little interesting in that he's saying the Jets welcomed in ESPN and could have let it cool off instead

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    I've spoken to people on the production side at ESPN who thought it was a bad idea too, though. Pretty universal. #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    Love the part about punishing Brady for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Agreed he's likely widely disliked ... and like Belichick gives a damn

no he doesn't. But he probably does not get as much fun out of jet fans wringing their hands over spygate as I do though.

It's hilarious to me how Pats fans are smitten because of their fraudulent sense of entitlement whose team's legacy has been darkened due to a scandal and that fans still can't accept it and refuse to acknowledge it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Great post CPA, and really great to see an open mind from reasonable people that were understandably skeptical of everything Jets, after being let down these last two years. Just like the recent thread about meeting Rex Ryan and finding out that he was a good guy, and dedicated to the team, and not the clown he's made out to be. This team is not far removed, and even now not for from further contention. Anyone with reason, can see that a QB, and a pass rush will put us right back in the mix. Anyone that says otherwise is buying the wishful thinking of haters, and defeatists. The Pats are not long for the center stage, and the stage they had was always tarnished to begin with. You trolls know that as well as anyone, and that's why you protest so emphatically. Your entire organization is questionable at best, and, you'll always be known as a low point in NFL history. The really sad part (for you) is that it's already been long enough since you've won to be considered history. Hope you enjoyed it, and I hope you can tell your kids about it while looking them in the eye.
    I agree. Well-said Ray Ray & Stepchild. Ignore the delusional NE trolls who suffer from Roger Clemens/Lance Armstrong syndrome.

A few observations:

1. I agree with Sanchez; said the same last year.
    2. Jets are not in total rebuild mode. This myth being promoted by the NY media, & and national media outlets like ESPN, is nonsense. Sanchez had very little, if anything at all, to work with on offensive side of the ball. Let's see what he does with some weapons to work with. If not, cut him next year.
    3. Rex is a good HC coach. Just needs to focus more on the offense. Unlike the fraud up in NE, the so-caled defensive guru who cannot fix that crappy defense for how many years and counting? Belicheat struck gold with Tammy, the foundation of his career successs. Before Tammy, his HC career can best be defined by the disaster in Cleveland. Again, look at his record with out Tammy. In addition, no SB trophies without Spygate.
    4. There are no asterisks because Goodell destroyed the evidence without allowing any third-party or independent source review the tapes. Why? Anyone with common sense can answer that question -- Goodell didn't want the largest cheating scandal in sport history on his watch not to mention the tainting of the League's biggest game.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    i keep looking for that asterisk, every time I got to the Hall, and I never see one. Why is that?
    The state of enlightenment is a precious thing. Persist, grasshopper!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    It's Rich McKay. He lives in ATL and loves to blabber (speaking from personal experience).

Ohhhhhh Nooooooo's ... Gerard has finally caught his man

Quote Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
    How did you play?

That's really the only salient question here.

Without knowing who this former GM is, I'll venture a wild guess that the Pats, with Belli and Brady, beat his team in the playoffs at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    The state of enlightenment is a precious thing. Persist, grasshopper!
    Yes, it is.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

6) Thinks the PATS cheating is not spoken about enough and that Tom Brady should not be a 1st ballot HOFer. Make him sit out like a steroid user at least one round.

Trust me...this happened.
    I like you again

Thank you for posting this, very enlightening.

On a side note, I find it hilarious that some random, anonymous Pats trolls are looking down their noses at someone that actually ran an NFL franchise, as if they ever had any credibility to begin with.

Good times.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    Thank you for posting this, very enlightening.

On a side note, I find it hilarious that some random, anonymous Pats trolls are looking down their noses at someone that actually ran an NFL franchise, as if they ever had any credibility to begin with.

Good times.
    Jet fans do it all the time look at Tanny.. Loved him 06 and 07 hated him 08-12..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Jet fans do it all the time look at Tanny.. Loved him 06 and 07 hated him 08-12..
    What I find hilarious is this is an ex-GM. I'd guess he's currently out of the NFL otherwise he'd be too busy with the draft a week away to spend 1/2 a day golfing. Yet people here are treating this ex-GM as some 'knows it all, he's 100% correct" and ripping Tanny as unqualified because he doesn't have a NFL job now. Seems neither does this guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    This whole thread says nothing but is a huge brag for SPCA... it's brag-worthy, no doubt, but whatever some random fired NFL Exec has to say about the current state of the NFL is worthless. No one cares.
    So an ex GM's opinion is worthless while your internet based opinion is worth exactly what?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    That's really the only salient question here.

Without knowing who this former GM is, I'll venture a wild guess that the Pats, with Belli and Brady, beat his team in the playoffs at least once.
    Right, because only those who have lost to that trio would have a wrongful impression of your org. They hate the Pats for no other reason. All out of jealousy. Because most of the country is fine and good with the Pats cheating ways. Why shouldn't a GM?