Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Played Golf with an NFL GM...

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    This "former GM" who played golf with Spca tells da truth! lol! He hates the Pats, think they did some underhanded things! OMG! His opinion is very valid because an NFL team fired him for his personnel decisions. He's an insider on the Pats and the draft process in general. He's a hero.

We already know the lone vote against Brady to the HoF. Way to out yourself. You've already prepped your "Why Brady is not a Hall of Famer" article 5-8 years in advance.
    LOL, didn't take long for smarmy Pats fans to cry because the majority of the league who know better also think the Pats are frauds.

Love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    LOL! The irony! The fact that this bothers you so much is just hilarious.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL, didn't take long for smarmy Pats fans to cry because the majority of the league who know better also think the Pats are frauds.

Love it!!!
    You're right. The Pats lie, cheat, steal, ruin lives and the game of football. They destroy the integrity of the game. They reduce the game to nothing but WWE theater, because Kraft has Goodell in his back pocket. Makes it impossible for the Jets to get a fair shake in this league run by conspiracists.

And yet, here you are, along with many other Jets fans, hoping and rooting to beat the Pats every year, despite your perception that all of the odds are already against you right of the gate. This is why the WWE is successful. You always believe there is a chance, no?

No insults at all, actually I think you're a great poster... but posting some things with a fact agenda, I feel the need to respond. It's awesome you played golf with some current and former NFL guys, but I am going to question the validity of things you posted
    LOL, of course you will.

You're right. The Pats lie, cheat, steal, ruin lives and the game of football. They destroy the integrity of the game. They reduce the game to nothing but WWE theater, because Kraft has Goodell in his back pocket. Makes it impossible for the Jets to get a fair shake in this league run by conspiracists.

And yet, here you are, along with many other Jets fans, hoping and rooting to beat the Pats every year, despite your perception that all of the odds are already against you right of the gate. This is why the WWE is successful. You always believe there is a chance, no?
    It's hilarious to me how Pats fans are smitten because of their fraudulent sense of entitlement whose team's legacy has been darkened due to a scandal and that fans still can't accept it and refuse to acknowledge it.

Bewildered Beast
    This whole thread says nothing but is a huge brag for SPCA... it's brag-worthy, no doubt, but whatever some random fired NFL Exec has to say about the current state of the NFL is worthless. No one cares.
    The truth stings you...why?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    It's hilarious to me how Pats fans are smitten because of their fraudulent sense of entitlement whose team's legacy has been darkened due to a scandal and that fans still can't accept it and refuse to acknowledge it.
    You project quite a bit. Not every Pats fan has a sense of entitlement. In fact, most don't. But to you it's all a farce, oh no. Pats fans deal with a very specific anguish but it doesn't even begin to compare with the anguish of Jets fans, which you work tirelessly to fight against with every post.

Sanchez just came out and said the Jets brought on "Tebowmania" and could have prevented it, and it put him in a bad spot. I remember you telling this board throughout training camp that it was all ESPN's fault, the Jets did nothing to invite publicity. Well, Sanchez has come out and said otherwise. What say you?

Bewildered Beast

Go home; stop queering this great thread. All your whining will never remove the asterisk.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    The truth stings you...why?

Pretty sweet for the OP, very jealous.

Bewildered Beast
    Pretty sweet for the OP, very jealous.
    Here's to you, Chowd. Hold your head high; thanks for speaking the truth.

:boston rox:

You project quite a bit. Not every Pats fan has a sense of entitlement. In fact, most don't. But to you it's all a farce, oh no. Pats fans deal with a very specific anguish but it doesn't even begin to compare with the anguish of Jets fans, which you work tirelessly to fight against with every post.

Sanchez just came out and said the Jets brought on "Tebowmania" and could have prevented it, and it put him in a bad spot. I remember you telling this board throughout training camp that it was all ESPN's fault, the Jets did nothing to invite publicity. Well, Sanchez has come out and said otherwise. What say you?

Ahh the quick change of the subject to get the negative discussion off of your precious Pats...

I thought what Sanchez said was good for him, he needs to develop a spine, it's his biggest handicap, I still think he has it in him to bounce back and I'm rooting for him.

As for the media obsession with the Jets, Tebow didn't start that, it existed well before Tebow, and it starts with the jackasses covering the team.

All Pro
    Great post CPA, and really great to see an open mind from reasonable people that were understandably skeptical of everything Jets, after being let down these last two years. Just like the recent thread about meeting Rex Ryan and finding out that he was a good guy, and dedicated to the team, and not the clown he's made out to be. This team is not far removed, and even now not for from further contention. Anyone with reason, can see that a QB, and a pass rush will put us right back in the mix. Anyone that says otherwise is buying the wishful thinking of haters, and defeatists. The Pats are not long for the center stage, and the stage they had was always tarnished to begin with. You trolls know that as well as anyone, and that's why you protest so emphatically. Your entire organization is questionable at best, and, you'll always be known as a low point in NFL history. The really sad part (for you) is that it's already been long enough since you've won to be considered history. Hope you enjoyed it, and I hope you can tell your kids about it while looking them in the eye.

OP played a round of golf with a failed GM who has things to say about both the Jets and Pats. You didn't play golf with an NFL GM, you played with a former GM who has no influence on NFL transactions.

Tom might be a second-ballot? LOL, no.

Tannenbaum was respected among GMs? LOL, no, he's working for an athlete agency, the NFL didn't want him. This is a huge professional step down. There's no way he prefers this to work in the NFL. It's a sad downfall, if anything.

The secret source admitted that it is very difficult to identify talent to the pros, only Belichick and a few others can do it.
    Huh?..failed because he's an ex GM?... How do you know he's not retired?.....by your logic Bill Walsh is a failed head coach

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Great post CPA, and really great to see an open mind from reasonable people that were understandably skeptical of everything Jets, after being let down these last two years. Just like the recent thread about meeting Rex Ryan and finding out that he was a good guy, and dedicated to the team, and not the clown he's made out to be. This team is not far removed, and even now not for from further contention. Anyone with reason, can see that a QB, and a pass rush will put us right back in the mix. Anyone that says otherwise is buying the wishful thinking of haters, and defeatists. The Pats are not long for the center stage, and the stage they had was always tarnished to begin with. You trolls know that as well as anyone, and that's why you protest so emphatically. Your entire organization is questionable at best, and, you'll always be known as a low point in NFL history. The really sad part (for you) is that it's already been long enough since you've won to be considered history. Hope you enjoyed it, and I hope you can tell your kids about it while looking them in the eye.
    Good post.

The only argument is that every single non-contending team is "only" a QB and pass rush away from contending.

Hall Of Fame
    Has it been mentioned yet that Brady has a penchant for sausage?

Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Cool story bro....

My money is on Bill Polian. The hate/respect for Pats seems to fit.

200% agree on Sanchez. Not sure about the respect for Tanny - but to miss on a #5 pick for a 'franchise' QB could certainly seal your fate...along with the the last couple of seasons.

Thanks for sharing.
    It's Rich McKay. He lives in ATL and loves to blabber (speaking from personal experience).

SPCA created an OP with a multitude of unsubstantiated claims, referenced a former GM, which we as fans cannot consider a valid source of reference when it comes to the Jets. He would like Brady a second-ballot, good for him, it won't happen. Same with Belichick. First ballot. major network coverage, plastered all over the world. Legends. Playing golf with some random fired NFL exec who likes Rex and Tanny only serves to make Jets fans feel good.

Frankly I don't really care, it's the offseason. NFL and CFB guys golf and BS all day. It's CPA's intention to imply that some random dude who hates Belichick represents the thoughts of the NFL - he cheats, nobody likes him! Couldn't be further from the truth.
    A lot of nfl coaches don't like Belichick, I think he is one of the most disliked personalities in the nfl. But who cares, he certainly doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Huh?..failed because he's an ex GM?... How do you know he's not retired?.....by your logic Bill Walsh is a failed head coach
    no, just dead.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Go home; stop queering this great thread. All your whining will never remove the asterisk.
    i keep looking for that asterisk, every time I got to the Hall, and I never see one. Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    i keep looking for that asterisk, every time I got to the Hall, and I never see one. Why is that?
    Because Kraft owns the commish?