Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Played Golf with an NFL GM...

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Played at a buddy's club in Atlanta, a former NFL GM was in our foursome. He saw my Jets hat, towel and headcover etc.. He was pretty outspoken and I didn't inquire as much as he offered his opinion. This is what he said. I thought about not posting this but I will not say his name.

1) Tannenbaum was respected amongst GMs. He has no clue about Idzik.
    I asked about the Sanchez deal and he said.."Yes, big mistake, we all make a few".

2) Rex is a good HC and would land another job in his opinion and should be given time to work through this.

3) I asked about Rex's ability to evaluate talent. he said "All HC's think they can evaluate talent, they usually can't. rex is no different. He said Billicek and a small few can.

4) The truth.. He said and I quote "Hated Sanchez in college and am not surprised by what has happened. In fact, i'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner.

5) Without a decent QB..NO team can do well. Jets must fix this.

6) Thinks the PATS cheating is not spoken about enough and that Tom Brady should not be a 1st ballot HOFer. Make him sit out like a steroid user at least one round.

Trust me...this happened.
    How is Rich McKay doing these days?

Btw, it's not hard to get the guy to talk. He loves listening to himself speak.
    Last edited by detectivekimble; 04-19-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    SPCA created an OP with a multitude of unsubstantiated claims, referenced a former GM, which we as fans cannot consider a valid source of reference when it comes to the Jets. He would like Brady a second-ballot, good for him, it won't happen. Same with Belichick. First ballot. major network coverage, plastered all over the world. Legends. Playing golf with some random fired NFL exec who likes Rex and Tanny only serves to make Jets fans feel good.

Frankly I don't really care, it's the offseason. NFL and CFB guys golf and BS all day. Who cares?
    The guy had a nice day with an interesting playing partner, and shared some tidbits from their conversation. You don't have to be such a jerk about it.

All League
    Played at a buddy's club in Atlanta, a former NFL GM was in our foursome. He saw my Jets hat, towel and headcover etc.. He was pretty outspoken and I didn't inquire as much as he offered his opinion. This is what he said. I thought about not posting this but I will not say his name.

I asked about the Sanchez deal and he said.."Yes, big mistake, we all make a few".

2) Rex is a good HC and would land another job in his opinion and should be given time to work through this.

3) I asked about Rex's ability to evaluate talent. he said "All HC's think they can evaluate talent, they usually can't. rex is no different. He said Billicek and a small few can.

4) The truth.. He said and I quote "Hated Sanchez in college and am not surprised by what has happened. In fact, i'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner.

6) Thinks the PATS cheating is not spoken about enough and that Tom Brady should not be a 1st ballot HOFer. Make him sit out like a steroid user at least one round.

Thanks for the post.

1) Tannenbaum was respected amongst GMs. .

This seems pretty clear by the fact that so many teams were falling all over themselves to hire him. Oh wait, that's right, he's out of the league.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    The guy had a nice day with an interesting playing partner, and shared some tidbits from their conversation. You don't have to be such a jerk about it.
    Actually, he does. He was born at the intersection of Dick and Wad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Actually, he does. He was born at the intersection of Dick and Wad.
    You still dreaming about all the girls your sons band gets????

Cool story bro....

My money is on Bill Polian. The hate/respect for Pats seems to fit.

200% agree on Sanchez. Not sure about the respect for Tanny - but to miss on a #5 pick for a 'franchise' QB could certainly seal your fate...along with the the last couple of seasons.

Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    This seems pretty clear by the fact that so many teams were falling all over themselves to hire him. Oh wait, that's right, he's out of the league.
    Since CPA said former GM sounds like this guy is too.
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-19-2013 at 09:30 PM.

This whole thread says nothing but is a huge brag for SPCA... it's brag-worthy, no doubt, but whatever some random fired NFL Exec has to say about the current state of the NFL is worthless. No one cares.
    I care. It was very interesting.

How Ken herock these days. What is his handicap .

Jets Insider VIP
    great post, beancounter

pay no attention to that worthless chowd troll, ASS0631

like the rest of that loathsome, arrogant crowd of douches.... he has a addictive and unstoppable need to defend anything anybody ever says or said that doesn't say "My Shats are the bestest and so are Belicheat and Tammi"

your GM dared to speak the truth and the Shat Defense Team needed to swing into action and insult you

Veteran

Aqesome thank you!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I loved what Tannenbaum did in 2006 especially with regards to the draft but he changed up his strategy for short term success and it bit us ultimately. I like what Idzik is doing so far considering where the franchise currently is, let's see how he handles the draft.

Thanks for sharing. Interesting and some fair/objective points.

Great read SP. you da man..............

What a load a hooey.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    What a load a hooey.
    another member of the Cheating Chowds Defense Alliance reports for duty

SPCA created an OP with a multitude of unsubstantiated claims, referenced a former GM, which we as fans cannot consider a valid source of reference when it comes to the Jets. He would like Brady a second-ballot, good for him, it won't happen. Same with Belichick. First ballot. major network coverage, plastered all over the world. Legends. Playing golf with some random fired NFL exec who likes Rex and Tanny only serves to make Jets fans feel good.

Frankly I don't really care, it's the offseason. NFL and CFB guys golf and BS all day. It's CPA's intention to imply that some random dude who hates Belichick represents the thoughts of the NFL - he cheats, nobody likes him! Couldn't be further from the truth.
    LOL! The irony! The fact that this bothers you so much is just hilarious.

All League
    This whole thread says nothing but is a huge brag for SPCA... it's brag-worthy, no doubt, but whatever some random fired NFL Exec has to say about the current state of the NFL is worthless. No one cares.
    Coming from a former nothing. Lol

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    great post, beancounter

pay no attention to that worthless chowd troll, ASS0631

like the rest of that loathsome, arrogant crowd of douches.... he has a addictive and unstoppable need to defend anything anybody ever says or said that doesn't say "My Shats are the bestest and so are Belicheat and Tammi"

your GM dared to speak the truth and the Shat Defense Team needed to swing into action and insult you
    This is actually vintage sg3 right here. Mid season form and we haven't even had the draft yet. I am impressed.