Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Played Golf with an NFL GM...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    What I find hilarious is this is an ex-GM. I'd guess he's currently out of the NFL otherwise he'd be too busy with the draft a week away to spend 1/2 a day golfing. Yet people here are treating this ex-GM as some 'knows it all, he's 100% correct" and ripping Tanny as unqualified because he doesn't have a NFL job now. Seems neither does this guy.
    What I found interesting is how "normal and fan like" his commentary was.

This was all very casual.....in between holes etc.

I have to assume his knowledge depth is tops but he spoke in a very fan like manner.

He was actually pretty complimentary of the JETS and what they accomplished in 2009 2010.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    What I found interesting is how "normal and fan like" his commentary was.This was all very casual.....in between holes etc.

I have to assume his knowledge depth is tops but he spoke in a very fan like manner.

He was actually pretty complimentary of the JETS and what they accomplished in 2009 2010.
    If he was fan like wouldn't he have said Rex sucks?? Not that I think that I like Rexaroni..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I find hilarious is this is an ex-GM. I'd guess he's currently out of the NFL otherwise he'd be too busy with the draft a week away to spend 1/2 a day golfing. Yet people here are treating this ex-GM as some 'knows it all, he's 100% correct" and ripping Tanny as unqualified because he doesn't have a NFL job now. Seems neither does this guy.
    The ex-GM actually gave Tannenbaum a significant modicum of respect. You could easily just name names instead of saying "people here" if you really have an axe to grind.

I would also find a post like that by someone playing golf with Tannenbaum very interesting.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Jet fans do it all the time look at Tanny.. Loved him 06 and 07 hated him 08-12..
    Fans tend to be homers and overly judgmental when it comes to the state of their team and outside opinions of the same.

That was actually the point of my post. What did you do to dispute it?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Did he casually say why he "hated" Sanchez?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    The ex-GM actually gave Tannenbaum a significant modicum of respect. You could easily just name names instead of saying "people here" if you really have an axe to grind.

I would also find a post like that by someone playing golf with Tannenbaum very interesting.
    Whatever you say.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The jets made the playoffs in 2009 and 10, who isn't complementary about those years?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever you say.
    That's really your response?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The jets made the playoffs in 2009 and 10, who isn't complementary about those years?
    So you just post and never read the SOJF numbnuts rewriting sports history here? Peruse any of their negative bleatings today and you'd think those were wilderness years

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    Fans tend to be homers and overly judgmental when it comes to the state of their team and outside opinions of the same.

That was actually the point of my post. What did you do to dispute it?
    Not on this board their not..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    So you just post and never read the SOJF numbnuts rewriting sports history here? Peruse any of their negative bleatings today and you'd think those were wilderness years
    The jets had two very good years, I never belittle success. I always had an issue on how those teams were built, but not the results that they achieved those two years.

Sooth does not limit the forum to people who know football.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The jets had two very good years, I never belittle success. I always had an issue on how those teams were built, but not the results that they achieved those two years.

Sooth does not limit the forum to people who know football.
    What "issue" would that be? Anything worse than poaching a coach that was prepaid big bucks to coach the Jets and scribbled a resignation on a sanitary napkin?

Did you care when the 6th round backup caught lightning in a bottle or when the Sox traded an all star SS for two journeymen who played with more heart than he ever did?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did he casually say why he "hated" Sanchez?
    Honestly...I was so surprised by his candor, and I was a guest, I didn't ask many questions that might put me or him in an awkward situation.

As he spoke I was thinking...he is saying a lot and wow I am surprised.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly...I was so surprised by his candor, and I was a guest, I didn't ask many questions that might put me or him in an awkward situation.

As he spoke I was thinking...he is saying a lot and wow I am surprised.
    I can see that. Sounds like a great day!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    What "issue" would that be? Anything worse than poaching a coach that was prepaid big bucks to coach the Jets and scribbled a resignation on a sanitary napkin?

Did you care when the 6th round backup caught lightning in a bottle or when the Sox traded an all star SS for two journeymen who played with more heart than he ever did?
    The issue I had is with the trading of draft choices in moving up, and the trading of draft choices for players in their last year - Holmes and Cro or 2nd to last year in Edwards. I hated the structure of the Revis contract, and the rufusal of the jets to let anyone go in FA while still spending money on FA from other teams. (I count trading picks for players in their last contract year, the sae as signing them as FA)

Get over losing BB, Remember if Parcells would have quit and not wanting to stay on pull the strings as a FO type just to get back at Kraft, He would be with the jets.

And remember Tag ruled that the pats could not sign him, the jets traded him to the Pats, the jets got greedy and wanted the picks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    F golf!!! Didn't 62 yr old Tom Watson come runner up @masters couple yrs ago??? 62 yr olds beating 22 yr olds isn't a sport.. Sorry golfers!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    bellichek can evaluate talent? ha.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    bellichek can evaluate talent? ha.
    Exactly why this story is suspect.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    OP played a round of golf with a failed GM who has things to say about both the Jets and Pats. You didn't play golf with an NFL GM, you played with a former GM who has no influence on NFL transactions.

Tom might be a second-ballot? LOL, no.

Tannenbaum was respected among GMs? LOL, no, he's working for an athlete agency, the NFL didn't want him. This is a huge professional step down. There's no way he prefers this to work in the NFL. It's a sad downfall, if anything.

The secret source admitted that it is very difficult to identify talent to the pros, only Belichick and a few others can do it.
    Why so dooshy?

CPA has been here a long time and is well respected around these parts, what possible reason would he have to lie about this?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    It wasn't me, LOL . I never worked for any NFL team, but if 1 wants to talk to me i will listen. To this date, i thought i was the only person who believed that Sanchez wasn't very good at USC.
    Sanchez was lucky at USC, scrambling and throwing the ball up worked in college, very frustrating to watch as a fan of the opposing team but he found a way to win