Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final Mock (I mean it!)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Of course

I personally want nothing to do with a guy like Mingo, so those guys would be next in line.
    So you would take Warmack or Cooper at 9 because the experts you mentioned say that those players are worthy of being picked at that spot. You would also pick those other guys because of the talent you perceive them to have even thou those same experts have them ranked lower.

But guys like Ansah and Mingo who these same experts have ranked above your guys, you have no use for. Can u see where someone could say this is flawed logic ?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    What could you have possibly seen from Idzik that suggests he won't take Mingo? I'm not trying to be obnoxious, but I can't see a single objective thing that suggests it either way. If he's played his hand so badly that people on a bulletin board can read it accurately this early, he should be sweeping the lobby after the games, not running the team.

If you watch enough drafts and subsequent seasons, you pretty much learn that there are no sure things. Some 'can't miss' guys bust every year and some 'guaranteed busts' prove everyone wrong as well. We should all have a little doubt in our prognosticating capabilities.
    just the fact that he didn't go after any of the big name free agents on the market trying to make a splash or a name for himself as tannedumb did so often....idzik is going to go the safe pick like a warmack/cooper or eifert....yes maybe I am wrong but that's the way I read him....yep I am just a message board guy with no inside information....but I bet I am right.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    just the fact that he didn't go after any of the big name free agents on the market trying to make a splash or a name for himself as tannedumb did so often....idzik is going to go the safe pick like a warmack/cooper or eifert....yes maybe I am wrong but that's the way I read him....yep I am just a message board guy with no inside information....but I bet I am right.
    Idzik had no cap money to spend on big name free agents, even if he had wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    Last year he had a hand in taking Bruce Irvin a guy I had wanted for us. He is not a stats guys. He will look for the player he feels will make the team better as a whole. He isnt Tanny trying to make that 1st round splash in the media. Idzik is not going to put his job on the line 1st year setting a new president on drafting Gs or the flashy TE IMO. It is one of the reasons I wanted him as GM so bad. He is an old school thinker and I am happy to have that.