Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis visiting Tampa for physical (MERGED)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Revis visiting Tampa for physical (MERGED)

For all the conspiracy/the nfl is fixed theorists...if the NFL is indeed fixed to some extent, Revis will be in Pewter pants opening day. The schedule guarantees it!
    Last edited by crasherino; 04-19-2013 at 02:00 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is a good idea. lets all start threads on random thoughts that pop into our head about revis.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets need to keep Revis and trade or extend him during the season. Goodell wants nothing more than for Revis to pick 6 Sanchez week 1. The Jets haters will all simultaneously orgasm.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Jets need to keep Revis and trade or extend him during the season. Goodell wants nothing more than for Revis to pick 6 Sanchez week 1.
    It's inevitable.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    It's inevitable.
    If the Jets want to fleece the Bucs what better way then to keep Revis for week 1, have him look like he returned to form as the NFL's best Corner, and have a qb like Garrard sh*t all over the Bucs pathetic pass defense. Even Tim friggin Tebow could throw for 350 yards against the Bucs' secondary.

TB will be offering us the king's ransom for Revis if we beat them week 1.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im not jinxed the Jets are.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    this is a good idea. lets all start threads on random thoughts that pop into our head about revis.
    +1

A Mod should dump this.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    If the Jets want to fleece the Bucs what better way then to keep Revis for week 1, have him look like he returned to form as the NFL's best Corner, and have a qb like Garrard sh*t all over the Bucs pathetic pass defense. Even Tim friggin Tebow could throw for 350 yards against the Bucs' secondary.

TB will be offering us the king's ransom for Revis if we beat them week 1.
    Was with ya up til that point. Tebow can't throw for 300 yards in practice with receivers running routes wide open.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Was with ya up til that point. Tebow can't throw for 300 yards in practice with receivers running routes wide open.
    Kind of a stupid thing to say considering that Tebow threw for 300+ yards in 2 of his first 15 starts.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Totally retarded thread......but still......

The week one Bucs game isn't even prime time, c'mon.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny ... I sort of agree with this ... It was a nice pick by the NFL ... Either way the trade works out ... It will be a backstory to the game ...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Funny ... I sort of agree with this ... It was a nice pick by the NFL ... Either way the trade works out ... It will be a backstory to the game ...
    Exactly. All this represents is a way to make a regular season game between the Bucs and the Jets slightly more interesting. No matter how the situation develops, the trade talks (or trade itself) give the announcers something to drone on about before, during and after the game.

Will be annoying to diehards like ourselves, but that's entertainment for the casual fan I guess.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If trade goes through let's hope Rex and Marty are smart enough to avoid throws to his side of the field like the plague ... Would be poetic justice is Cro got the pick six to seal the deal!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm convinced this will get done. The Bucs can't go into the season with a rookie CB vs that division. I'm convinced Idzik is holding out until Bucs get desperate.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Kind of a stupid thing to say considering that Tebow threw for 300+ yards in 2 of his first 15 starts.

Do you have some kind of sensor that goes off every time the word 'tebow' shows up?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Do you have some kind of sensor that goes off every time the word 'tebow' shows up?

Nope. I just happened to be browsing through the thread.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suckchez will avoid throwing to the Revis side. He is adept at throwing to DEs for easy points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Jets!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    For all the conspiracy/the nfl is fixed theorists...if the NFL is indeed fixed to some extent, Revis will be in Pewter pants opening day. The schedule guarantees it!
    Agreed. It was the first thing I thought when I saw the schedule.

It's not a conspiracy though, just good business.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

You would think today is the day

For Revis to be traded. Agree on draft picks and then it gives 3 days for TB to negotiate and do a physical. Seems like if he is going to be traded pre-draft, today would be the likely deadline

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's pretty unlikely that it will happen pre draft ... But I am hoping it does.

Otherwise Revis Sweepstakes will open up once the league see that he's had a successful recovery from the injury ... Hopefully before the trade deadline.

Revis camp wants it to happen post draft ... Bucs seem ambivalent ... Jets want pre draft.