Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis visiting Tampa for physical (MERGED)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I think it's pretty unlikely that it will happen pre draft ... But I am hoping it does.

Otherwise Revis Sweepstakes will open up once the league see that he's had a successful recovery from the injury ... Hopefully before the trade deadline.
    Tampa could also wait to see how the draft is going and when 12 is picked maybe the player they wanted is gone and they call the Jets..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    For Revis to be traded. Agree on draft picks and then it gives 3 days for TB to negotiate and do a physical. Seems like if he is going to be traded pre-draft, today would be the likely deadline
    I still say Tuesday evening..Still time for a physical (if he hasn't secretly done one yet)...new contract all wrapped up..and trade (picks) finalized.

I'd guess TB has an understanding at this point what the parameters Revis' camp is looking for contract-wise..

I'd also guess there's a chance the Jets have already sent whatever medical files / updates they have on Revis to TB..

And I'd guess both sides want the deal done a day or two done before the draft so the whole ordeal is behind both sides and focus purely on the draft...

All JMO

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I still say Tuesday evening..Still time for a physical (if he hasn't secretly done one yet)...new contract all wrapped up..and trade (picks) finalized.

I'd guess TB has an understanding at this point what the parameters Revis' camp is looking for contract-wise..

I'd also guess there's a chance the Jets have already sent whatever medical files / updates they have on Revis to TB..

And I'd guess both sides want the deal done a day or two done before the draft so the whole ordeal is behind both sides and focus purely on the draft...

All JMO
    +1 What we know is we just don't know..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    QFT

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Tru

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think if it happens it happens after Revis plays in a few preseason games. I dont think TB wants to give up the 13 th pick. They think they will win games this year so are more likely to give up multiple picks next year. If anything I can see Detroit jumping on the Revis trade bandwagon if they move Suh. I could very well see them trading Suh and drafting Star or Floyd. If that is the case maybe they use those picks to grab Revis. Out side of that happening Revis will be a JETS going into preseason.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    the fact Revis' agents arent sceaming round the clock by way of TV,Radio or online tells me this is done! both sides know whats going down by now, but Mr.Woody "it's all about me" Johnson, will wait till the 2 :00 clock is running to announce it

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who knows, we may already have a trade agreed and are just keeping it quiet to not give any advantage to other teams in the draft.

Or, maybe TB want to keep their option open in case a prospect falls, or an offer to trade up surfaces on draft day.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Driving home from work one night this past week, I was listening the NFL channel on SiriusXM. The moderator (I don't remember who) said there were reports that Revis quietly visited Tampa Bay about a month ago.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Who knows, we may already have a trade agreed and are just keeping it quiet to not give any advantage to other teams in the draft.

Or, maybe TB want to keep their option open in case a prospect falls, or an offer to trade up surfaces on draft day.
    I hope you are right about the trade being completed. Tampa may also be waiting to see is the Dolphins trade for LT Branden Albert, if they don't then they might move up for a LT. If they make the trade the Fins will be going CB with the 12th pick, I doubt Tampa will trade up for a corner.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Per Rotoworld

Citing a source close to the situation, NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline reports there's a "75 percent chance" the Jets will trade Darrelle Revis next week.
    We feel the chances are closer to 100 percent, but this is Pauline's report. The gap in compensation is minimal in Jets-Bucs negotiations, and Tampa has essentially already agreed on contract terms with Revis. The only real hangup is the final bit of draft-pick return, which when finalized will allow the Bucs to put Revis through a physical at their own facility. Meantime, we'd recommend adjusting any mock drafts to put the Jets on the board at No. 13 overall.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This needs to get done very soon or he won't be traded. The chances he is traded at all significantly decrease after the draft. The clock is ticking fast

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    This needs to get done very soon or he won't be traded. The chances he is traded at all significantly decrease after the draft. The clock is ticking fast
    true and that worries me because keeping him is really bad for next year

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This time next week...

BREAKING NEWS: Cromartie plans holdout. Looking for $12mil/yr.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    This time next week...

BREAKING NEWS: Cromartie plans holdout. Looking for $12mil/yr.
    At least if Cro says he needs to feed his family, you know he really means it!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    At least if Cro says he needs to feed his family, you know he really means it!
    Very well played!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you ever torn ligaments in your knee? No guarantees, I wouldn't trade for him till he proves out on the field and that's a risk only so many games into the season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

All JMO
    Please, the media probably has college interns following him around 24/7 he gets with 1 mill of an airport alarms will ring.

I say it is 50/50 that Revis has authorized the jets to release the records that they have.

I don't think Tampa wants the deal done before the draft, I think they want Milner/Rhodes to pair with Revis next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I think if it happens it happens after Revis plays in a few preseason games. I dont think TB wants to give up the 13 th pick. They think they will win games this year so are more likely to give up multiple picks next year. If anything I can see Detroit jumping on the Revis trade bandwagon if they move Suh. I could very well see them trading Suh and drafting Star or Floyd. If that is the case maybe they use those picks to grab Revis. Out side of that happening Revis will be a JETS going into preseason.
    I have not heard this about Suh, what is the rumored asking price?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagroCrag View Post
    Per Rotoworld

Citing a source close to the situation, NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline reports there's a "75 percent chance" the Jets will trade Darrelle Revis next week.
    We feel the chances are closer to 100 percent, but this is Pauline's report. The gap in compensation is minimal in Jets-Bucs negotiations, and Tampa has essentially already agreed on contract terms with Revis. The only real hangup is the final bit of draft-pick return, which when finalized will allow the Bucs to put Revis through a physical at their own facility. Meantime, we'd recommend adjusting any mock drafts to put the Jets on the board at No. 13 overall.
    I think I have seen similar reports that said it would happen last week and the week before and the week before and the week before. It is like those dooms day priest. Oh wait I read the bible wrong it is next year. Oh the calender was changed in 1888 so that is still 10 years away. My bad.