Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 541

Thread: Revis visiting Tampa for physical (MERGED)

  1. #41
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Have you ever torn ligaments in your knee? No guarantees, I wouldn't trade for him till he proves out on the field and that's a risk only so many games into the season.
    This has been my take from the get go. I was shocked that tampa was willing to discuss a trade before he stepped on the field.

  2. #42
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Please, the media probably has college interns following him around 24/7 he gets with 1 mill of an airport alarms will ring.

    I say it is 50/50 that Revis has authorized the jets to release the records that they have.

    I don't think Tampa wants the deal done before the draft, I think they want Milner/Rhodes to pair with Revis next year.
    You live in a fantasy world. If they want him, they want him now.

    No one can say with any certainty that he'll be available if they don't get him now.

  3. #43
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    25,569
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be shocked if Revis isn't traded by Tuesday at the latest.

    Both teams will want to get this thing done so they can put the finishing touches on their draft boards.

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Posts
    16,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    This has been my take from the get go. I was shocked that tampa was willing to discuss a trade before he stepped on the field.
    Maybe because he is almost worth trading for blind? idk.

  5. #45
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    7,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    At least if Cro says he needs to feed his family, you know he really means it!

    Lol

  6. #46
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,642
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'd be shocked if Revis isn't traded by Tuesday at the latest.

    Both teams will want to get this thing done so they can put the finishing touches on their draft boards.
    Possible but like I posted earlier the Buc's may wait to see who is off the board before the 13th pick.. The Jets could be aware of that and have that scenario in their plans as well.. The Sanchez trade happened during the draft even though most would like to forget it..

  7. #47
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,656
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Possible but like I posted earlier the Buc's may wait to see who is off the board before the 13th pick.. The Jets could be aware of that and have that scenario in their plans as well.. The Sanchez trade happened during the draft even though most would like to forget it..
    im pretty certain i read that terms of the trade were agreed to in advance, and the players we sent over all had physicals done prior to draft day.

  8. #48
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    7,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apache 51
    Have you ever torn ligaments in your knee? No guarantees, I wouldn't trade for him till he proves out on the field and that's a risk only so many games into the season.



    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    This has been my take from the get go. I was shocked that tampa was willing to discuss a trade before he stepped on the field.

    I have put no stock in this all along personally

    The way medicine/physical therapy is nowadays it is a nonissue regarding a yes/no for the trade ... It is simply a tool for negotiation on tampa's part to lessen the trade compensation to us

    1st big hurdle was salary ... This is what I felt would nix the deal ... Amazingly all reports indicate that an agreement in principle between Tampa and the Revis camp is basically in place

    2nd big hurdle - compensation to Jets ... Many reports seem to indicate something close to a 1st, 3rd, and 6th in this years draft appears to be the middle ground ... Prob jets pushing for a bit more ... Tampa pushing for a bit less ... Something around this will most likely be the final deal in the end


    JMO
    Last edited by lamont_jordan_rules; 04-20-2013 at 04:37 PM.

  9. #49
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,675
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Please, the media probably has college interns following him around 24/7 he gets with 1 mill of an airport alarms will ring.

    I say it is 50/50 that Revis has authorized the jets to release the records that they have.

    I don't think Tampa wants the deal done before the draft, I think they want Milner/Rhodes to pair with Revis next year.
    Please, if Revis wants his new contract he's signed the necessary privacy authorization form.

  10. #50
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I have not heard this about Suh, what is the rumored asking price?
    There have been rumors of them wanting to move Suh for 2 years now. It was widely though they would try to swap him for Revis. Given his attitude and salary he is just hard to move.

  11. #51
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,874
    Post Thanks / Like

    Jets allow Revis to take physical with Bucs

    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m
    Breakthrough: Jets have granted permission for CB Darrelle Revis to visit Tampa Bay and undergo a physical with the Buccanners, per sources.
    Only a matter of time...

  12. #52
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    4,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Revis visiting Tampa for physical

    Per Adam Schefter:

    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
    Breakthrough: Jets have granted permission for CB Darrelle Revis to visit Tampa Bay and undergo a physical with the Buccanners, per sources.

  13. #53
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  14. #54
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like we will end up with 9 and 13 next week.

    Wonder what the additional pick/s are

  15. #55
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,073
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't say I'm happy. But resigned to it happening.

    The first HOF quality player we have drafted since Klecko. Let's just hope the trade compensation is acceptable.

  16. #56
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,259
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cya later, Darrelle.

    Anyone with a brain knew this was going to happen before April 26.

    It was only a matter of time. Now we hope Idzik got one hell of a stockpile of picks.

  17. #57
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Can't say I'm happy. But resigned to it happening.

    The first HOF quality player we have drafted since Klecko. Let's just hope the trade compensation is acceptable.
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Cya later, Darrelle.

    Anyone with a brain knew this was going to happen before April 26.

    It was only a matter of time. Now we hope Idzik got one hell of a stockpile of picks.
    and draft wisely.

  18. #58
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,675
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Confirmed that the #jets have given permission for Revis to have a physical with Tampa Bay. Deal could get done very quickly.

  19. #59
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,390
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets are about to get worse. Regardless of picks, you just don't find players like Revis. I just hope that we draft players that actually make a difference.

  20. #60
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,774
    Post Thanks / Like
    Permission for Darrelle Revis to undergo Bucs physical never would have been granted if NYJ and TB couldn't work out trade. So there's that.
    Kind of obvious, but worth noting. As long as Tampa's doctors give the go ahead, this is happening.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us