Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis visiting Tampa for physical (MERGED)

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Have you ever torn ligaments in your knee? No guarantees, I wouldn't trade for him till he proves out on the field and that's a risk only so many games into the season.
    This has been my take from the get go. I was shocked that tampa was willing to discuss a trade before he stepped on the field.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Please, the media probably has college interns following him around 24/7 he gets with 1 mill of an airport alarms will ring.

I say it is 50/50 that Revis has authorized the jets to release the records that they have.

I don't think Tampa wants the deal done before the draft, I think they want Milner/Rhodes to pair with Revis next year.
    You live in a fantasy world. If they want him, they want him now.

No one can say with any certainty that he'll be available if they don't get him now.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'd be shocked if Revis isn't traded by Tuesday at the latest.

Both teams will want to get this thing done so they can put the finishing touches on their draft boards.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    This has been my take from the get go. I was shocked that tampa was willing to discuss a trade before he stepped on the field.
    Maybe because he is almost worth trading for blind? idk.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    At least if Cro says he needs to feed his family, you know he really means it!

Lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'd be shocked if Revis isn't traded by Tuesday at the latest.

Both teams will want to get this thing done so they can put the finishing touches on their draft boards.
    Possible but like I posted earlier the Buc's may wait to see who is off the board before the 13th pick.. The Jets could be aware of that and have that scenario in their plans as well.. The Sanchez trade happened during the draft even though most would like to forget it..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Possible but like I posted earlier the Buc's may wait to see who is off the board before the 13th pick.. The Jets could be aware of that and have that scenario in their plans as well.. The Sanchez trade happened during the draft even though most would like to forget it..
    im pretty certain i read that terms of the trade were agreed to in advance, and the players we sent over all had physicals done prior to draft day.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apache 51
    Have you ever torn ligaments in your knee? No guarantees, I wouldn't trade for him till he proves out on the field and that's a risk only so many games into the season.

I have put no stock in this all along personally

The way medicine/physical therapy is nowadays it is a nonissue regarding a yes/no for the trade ... It is simply a tool for negotiation on tampa's part to lessen the trade compensation to us

1st big hurdle was salary ... This is what I felt would nix the deal ... Amazingly all reports indicate that an agreement in principle between Tampa and the Revis camp is basically in place

2nd big hurdle - compensation to Jets ... Many reports seem to indicate something close to a 1st, 3rd, and 6th in this years draft appears to be the middle ground ... Prob jets pushing for a bit more ... Tampa pushing for a bit less ... Something around this will most likely be the final deal in the end

JMO
    Last edited by lamont_jordan_rules; 04-20-2013 at 04:37 PM.

Please, the media probably has college interns following him around 24/7 he gets with 1 mill of an airport alarms will ring.

I say it is 50/50 that Revis has authorized the jets to release the records that they have.

I don't think Tampa wants the deal done before the draft, I think they want Milner/Rhodes to pair with Revis next year.
    Please, if Revis wants his new contract he's signed the necessary privacy authorization form.

I have not heard this about Suh, what is the rumored asking price?
    There have been rumors of them wanting to move Suh for 2 years now. It was widely though they would try to swap him for Revis. Given his attitude and salary he is just hard to move.

All League

Jets allow Revis to take physical with Bucs

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m
    Breakthrough: Jets have granted permission for CB Darrelle Revis to visit Tampa Bay and undergo a physical with the Buccanners, per sources.
    Only a matter of time...

All Pro

Revis visiting Tampa for physical

Per Adam Schefter:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
    Breakthrough: Jets have granted permission for CB Darrelle Revis to visit Tampa Bay and undergo a physical with the Buccanners, per sources.

Hall Of Fame
    Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Looks like we will end up with 9 and 13 next week.

Wonder what the additional pick/s are

All Pro
    Can't say I'm happy. But resigned to it happening.

The first HOF quality player we have drafted since Klecko. Let's just hope the trade compensation is acceptable.

Cya later, Darrelle.

Anyone with a brain knew this was going to happen before April 26.

It was only a matter of time. Now we hope Idzik got one hell of a stockpile of picks.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Can't say I'm happy. But resigned to it happening.

The first HOF quality player we have drafted since Klecko. Let's just hope the trade compensation is acceptable.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Cya later, Darrelle.

Anyone with a brain knew this was going to happen before April 26.

It was only a matter of time. Now we hope Idzik got one hell of a stockpile of picks.
    and draft wisely.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Confirmed that the #jets have given permission for Revis to have a physical with Tampa Bay. Deal could get done very quickly.

The Jets are about to get worse. Regardless of picks, you just don't find players like Revis. I just hope that we draft players that actually make a difference.

Permission for Darrelle Revis to undergo Bucs physical never would have been granted if NYJ and TB couldn't work out trade. So there's that.
    Kind of obvious, but worth noting. As long as Tampa's doctors give the go ahead, this is happening.