Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Wilson Time

Kyle Wilson Time

It's time that our first round pick earns his stripes . Can he do it? Will he be a solid nfl starter? I think he can do it.

He will certainly be given that chance but I can see some competition from a possible mid round pick. He played well towards the end of the season.

Jets Insider VIP
    After working with Revis..he got much better.

Hall Of Fame
    to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    It's time that our first round pick earns his stripes . Can he do it? Will he be a solid nfl starter? I think he can do it.
    He was the starter since October

Jets Insider VIP
    the cornerbacks after revis went down last season were as good as the cornerbacks before revis went down

Cro stepped up big time and showed why he is an all pro

Wilson and the rest also played pretty well

a lot of the Wilson hate here came from his first season when McCourty, drafted after Wilson was idiotically declared a probowler and Wilson struggled as a nickel back

Since then, McCourty has been burnt toast for the Shats and has finally been demoted to safety where his damage is minimized and Wilson has gradually improved and was a above average number 2 CB last year when he and Cro had to take over after Revis' injury

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    the cornerbacks after revis went down last season were as good as the cornerbacks before revis went down

a lot of the Wilson hate here came from his first season when McCourty, drafted after Wilson was idiotically declared a probowler and Wilson struggled as a nickel back

Since then, McCourty has been burnt toast for the Shats and has finally been demoted to safety where his damage is minimized and Wilson has gradually improved and was a above average number 2 CB last year when he and Cro had to take over after Revis' injury
    +1. Jets cbs played well last year without revis but had great safety play....they also were playing behind a lot so teams would throw less. I th ink wilson csn be a solid #2

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

Antonio Cromartie had a great year in 2012 as he was one of the best Cb's in the game. JMO I don't think Cromartie has anywhere close to the same year he had in 2013.(smart money would have been to trade him at his peak) Cb's that get close to thirty(29) skills can start to deteriorate very fast .

JMo Rex defense needs Jets Cb's to be able to hold up in man to man. That unit can't play as well as they did last year ,than this defense going to really struggle in 2013.

Veteran
    Wilsons ready to be the guy

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    +1. Jets cbs played well last year without revis but had great safety play....they also were playing behind a lot so teams would throw less. I th ink wilson csn be a solid #2

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I'd say we had good safety play, not great. But at this point, I am a lot more concerned about the safety position then cornerback - even if Mevis is traded....
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-21-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Kyle Wilson is terrible, please don't Make these threads all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    Wilsons ready to be the guy
    ... W r o n g

Wilson was good last year and will likely be better this year. Average sure but nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Wilson was good last year and will likely be better this year. Average sure but nothing wrong with that.
    Fair enough ... I think he played MuCH better in the slot as a nickle. On the outside he got torched repeatedly.

Aside from the top 1% of CBs in the league CB play is VASTLY dependent on pass rush.

You look at a team like the giants with Corey Webster - when their Dline was wrecking people, Webster was a top CB and got paid accordingly, as their rush slowed down (see 2012) webster was badly exposed.

Cro experienced an excellent season in 2012 some of which should carry over to 2013, such as his physicality, leadership, etc. However 2012 was a statistical abberation for him when it comes to penalties. He was our most penalized defensive player in 2010 and 2011 and improved greatly in that area in 2012. In order for our defense to be successful, he HAS to do the same in 2013. Defensive holding and PI are crushing penalties as they keep drives alive by giving first downs - that is where we need Cro to continue to play well.

This draft should allow us to find an excellent "deep center fielder" at the safety position which is something we have never really had in the Rex era. We should also be able to find some sort of an edge rusher, that when pared with coples, wilkerson and barnes should allow us to rush 3 or 4 players on passing downs and play a lot of zone coverage. Rex's best defensive game as the Jets HC came vs NE in the playoffs when Shaun Ellis went ballistic, we were able to pressure brady with 3 guys, and drop 8 in coverage. Hopefully our rush will allow us to do that again this season and make up for the loss of Revis talent.

Wilson is no pro-bowler, but he is a pretty good tackler and far from a bust. Hopefully with improved defensive line/LB play he will be an above average defender for us.

With an improved pass rush (re: Mo/Coples continued improvement and assume we draft an OLB or two), Wilson is good enough.

Kyle Wilson, always in the right place, never turns his head. Could have so many INTs if he did. Let's hope he worked with a physical therapist on his neck this off-season. Draft a couple more pass rushers and people on this board could play CB and it wouldn't matter.

Dee Millner please.

Wilson is a JAG CB.

Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    With an improved pass rush (re: Mo/Coples continued improvement and assume we draft an OLB or two), Wilson is good enough.
    #1 - We have no idea what the pass rush will be like next year

#2 - Even with an improved pass rush Wilson is still not good enough.

Jets fans overrate how good our pass defense was last year. Cro and Landry played lights out at all-pro level. Now Landry is gone and replaced with his inferior brother and Cro who knows if he can do that again. Wilson is going to get picked on so freaking bad if he starts next season.

Dee Millner PLEASE