Thread: End of Revis Era - unfortunate....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

End of Revis Era - unfortunate....

Hard to imagine letting a HOF caliber player go in his prime... Plenty of blame to be spread around on this one..... This guy played CB like no other! He was a JET! and would have made an effort to make him a Jet for Life... He's got Canton written all over him.....

We'll it was a pleasure watching this guy play.. wish him all the best..

Jet fan for life.. hopefully, Idzik will take up forward in a direction that get's us a Superbowl Victory...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    Hard to imagine letting a HOF caliber player go in his prime... Plenty of blame to be spread around on this one..... This guy played CB like no other! He was a JET! and would have made an effort to make him a Jet for Life... He's got Canton written all over him.....

Jet fan for life.. hopefully, Idzik will take up forward in a direction that get's us a Superbowl Victory...
    Agreed. This will be a critical draft for this franchise.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I loved to see him play its a move that needs to be made

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post

The jets did make an effort, but you simply can't build a winning NFL franchise paying 15mm a year to a CB.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    As much as I loved to see him play its a move that needs to be made
    At this point, would tend to agree with you... Given current state of Jet's roster and franchise.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taking my authentic Revis jersey to have the number and name changed. Thinking about going with Chrebet.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Taking my authentic Revis jersey to have the number and name changed. Thinking about going with Chrebet.
    Never need to change that one. The ultimate Jet not named Namath.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like to admit this but I hate revis. I was never able to let go of my anger at him after the first hold out when he missed most of training camp. I never felt the same about him again. Ill laugh hard when revis gets his 15 mil per season but someone gets more so he's hiding out for 17 mil the following offseason. He's the greediest player I've ever seen with no concept of understanding what a front office needs to build a successful franchise.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    I don't like to admit this but I hate revis. I was never able to let go of my anger at him after the first hold out when he missed most of training camp. I never felt the same about him again. Ill laugh hard when revis gets his 15 mil per season but someone gets more so he's hiding out for 17 mil the following offseason. He's the greediest player I've ever seen with no concept of understanding what a front office needs to build a successful franchise.
    +1
    Held out with not one but TWO years left on his contract after holding out as a rookie!
    No way you can fault the Jets on this, they were in a no win situation with Mevis, his greedy agents & his fat loser uncle Sean who stole money from the Redskins with holdouts years ago.
    Time to move on.
    Hopefully we run it into, over, under him when we play them out of the gate!
    Do some guard pulls if we take Warmack.
    Run a lot of sweeps to his side to test his nerves.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    +1
    Held out with not one but TWO years left on his contract after holding out as a rookie!
    No way you can fault the Jets on this, they were in a no win situation with Mevis, his greedy agents & his fat loser uncle Sean who stole money from the Redskins with holdouts years ago.
    Time to move on.
    Hopefully we run it into, over, under him when we play them out of the gate!
    Do some guard pulls if we take Warmack.
    Run a lot of sweeps to his side to test his nerves.
    If anybody knows how to play Revis it should be the Jets, right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    Agree - while he was/is a great player I never loved him because of that He should have been beloved by the fan base.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Agree - while he was/is a great player I never loved him because of that He should have been beloved by the fan base.
    Plus he always talked about himself in the 3rd person, I can't stand players like that. Weird I just never liked him, granted he was a great player, but he's really an unlikable guy.
    Him & his agents used Hardknocks to play hardball with Tanny knowing that the only thing Jet fans cared about was signing him & playing for a Superbowl.
    Had we just been an average team, fans woudnt have been so adamant about getting him into camp no matter what the price.
    QBs win Superbowls in this league not CBs.
    Jets get a pass rusher in this draft & solidify the LB unit, we won't need Revis back there if the opposing QB is flat on his Azz!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I resent the hell out of him too. Could have been an all-time fan favorite but went after every last penny and soured it all.

I wouldn't be too upset if the trade goes down and he slips and wrecks his knee again on the way to sign his new contract. Sound petty? Yeah but this guy really doesn't deserve another monster payday this year IMO.