Thread: Draft is going to be awesome!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Draft is going to be awesome!!!!

With the Revis trade clearly hours away, we are going to go into the draft with at least 9 maybe 10 picks, with 2 first rounders. Strictly from an entertainment standpoint it will be a lot of fun to watch the draft with all those picks, and definitely a chance for us to move down and get more. Having drafts with 4 picks was just not that exciting.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pumped! Lets go jets!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I feel that there is certainly a sense of excitement, I also harbor fears of the organization making mistakes. I hope I am dead wrong and we come out of this looking and feeling like a franchise that perhaps has decided to take a new direction.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    while i hate that we're trading Revis, i do get that we need to plug holes in the roster and having 2 top fifteen picks should yield us two starters. i'm sort of excited.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    While I feel that there is certainly a sense of excitement, I also harbor fears of the organization making mistakes. I hope I am dead wrong and we come out of this looking and feeling like a franchise that perhaps has decided to take a new direction.
    I am already feeling that. Everything Idzik has done and said has been dramatically different than Tanny

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pumped as well. Looking to get Tavon Austin in here. He's the #1 guy on my board for our picks. Can make things happen from anyplace on the field. With the other first, wouldn't mind Warmack or Cooper, one of the OLBs, or hell even Geno. Not big on Star, however.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I'm pumped as well. Looking to get Tavon Austin in here. He's the #1 guy on my board for our picks. Can make things happen from anyplace on the field. With the other first, wouldn't mind Warmack or Cooper, one of the OLBs, or hell even Geno. Not big on Star, however.
    +1. Yah baby!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed, for the 1st time in years it should be good through all rounds.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The entire NFL world want nothing to do with the 1st round of this draft Yet Jet fans want every 1st round pick in it.

I wanted 2. The Pick for Revis and our pick. I say take Cooper at 9 and wait until the 13th and see who's left on the board. If it's Warmack and Mingo, look to trade out. If it's Star or Ansah make a pick.

P.S. If Dion Jordan makes it to the 9th pick, run , don't walk, run his name up to the podium.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    With the Revis trade clearly hours away, we are going to go into the draft with at least 9 maybe 10 picks, with 2 first rounders. Strictly from an entertainment standpoint it will be a lot of fun to watch the draft with all those picks, and definitely a chance for us to move down and get more. Having drafts with 4 picks was just not that exciting.
    On paper it looks great, but I'm feeling a certain level of anxiety. This isn't a top heavy draft, and there's more players with some kind red flag/asterisk than any other year I can remember. I'm nervous about our first two picks.

They stick to sure-shots like Warmack, Star, etc. great. They deviate, I'm going to be worried.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jones & Austin
    Warmack & Mingo
    Whatever can't wait til Thursday night

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Well, it's 8 picks ... our own 7 plus TB's 1st. In a draft where the overall value is not in the first 15 picks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Well, it's 8 picks ... our own 7 plus TB's 1st. In a draft where the overall value is not in the first 15 picks.
    With the exception that the Jets need for a guard actually matches where they pick with two exceptional specimens. It's not about overall value, it's about the value for your team and its needs. The Jets need a pass rusher and they need an offensive lineman. For many teams that might not work... for the Jets it's nearly perfect. But I really think they will trade down one of the picks if they can. A few slots down will be even better, with an extra pick in the second.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    With the exception that the Jets need for a guard actually matches where they pick with two exceptional specimens. It's not about overall value, it's about the value for your team and its needs. The Jets need a pass rusher and they need an offensive lineman. For many teams that might not work... for the Jets it's nearly perfect. But I really think they will trade down one of the picks if they can. A few slots down will be even better, with an extra pick in the second.
    I do hope you're right ... I'm having horrible visions of us taking Geno with one of our two picks.

A trade down would be good, and not out of the realms of possibility. If not, we need two of the following IMHO : a good OLB, one of the two OG's or a playmaker on O. I'm not keen on any QB in Round 1, nor do I want a CB at that point.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The second pick allows Idzik some flexibility to trade down but still have gotten the blue chipper he was seeking. That's how I see it at least.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    The second pick allows Idzik some flexibility to trade down but still have gotten the blue chipper he was seeking. That's how I see it at least.
    +1

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    trade 9 & 3rd day pick to Minny for 23 & 25

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    say hello to glennon. nassib is going #8 to the bills, gino will fall to late first when jax or raiders trade up, eagles will trade up for manuel and jets will stay at 39 and take ken obrien clone/protege.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    say hello to glennon. nassib is going #8 to the bills, gino will fall to late first when jax or raiders trade up, eagles will trade up for manuel and jets will stay at 39 and take ken obrien clone/protege.
    100% ALL WRONG.

JUST DUMB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The entire NFL world want nothing to do with the 1st round of this draft Yet Jet fans want every 1st round pick in it.

I wanted 2. The Pick for Revis and our pick. I say take Cooper at 9 and wait until the 13th and see who's left on the board. If it's Warmack and Mingo, look to trade out. If it's Star or Ansah make a pick.

P.S. If Dion Jordan makes it to the 9th pick, run , don't walk, run his name up to the podium.