Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you select at #9 and #13?

Chris Gross ‏@CGROSS97 5m
    Nice MT @evansilva: Rumor that pick-rich #49ers are trying to get to No. 13 or 14. Believed to be targeting DL. Link: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8385/ezekiel-ansah

Quote Originally Posted by sevomd View Post
    Nice MT @evansilva: Rumor that pick-rich #49ers are trying to get to No. 13 or 14. Believed to be targeting DL. Link: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8385/ezekiel-ansah
    Yes ! Take their first and second.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Think this trade pretty much guarantees either Warmack or Cooper at #9. As for 13, highest rated player on the board. Trust your scouts .
    Agreed, but i hope it's Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Agreed, but i hope it's Cooper.
    if the jets keep both picks, at this point i'd be surprised if they did not pick a guard. if they trade back, anything's possible. it's not really up to idzik, it depends who's available starting at 9. best case for the jets, milliner slips to them and teams want to trade up. or, someone like the rams or vikings really want austin. cross your collective fingers. this may not be the 'home run' draft that wins them the superbowl but if idzik has his way it stockpiles talent at lots of positions.

i expect the bills to massively reach for nassib at 8, meaning the jets will have to position themselves for either manuel or glennon if that's who they want.

All League
    So we traded Revis for basically a rookie Guard? Wow

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Deal with it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Deal with it.
    I'm trying!

I will throw up if we pick a guard in the top ten. That would be pure incompetence. The jets biggest needs are at QB, offensive playmaker, pass rushing 3/4 OLB, and Safety. Guards are taken in rounds 3-6 for a winning franchise. Idzik has shown he's smart thus far and there is no chance in Hell that we pick cooper or warmick at 9 OR 13.

Geno (9) and Tavon Austin (13) and Corey Lemonier Auburn or Jamie Collins Southern Miss 2nd Round

Quote Originally Posted by sevomd View Post
    I believe their 31st and 34th pick would be close in value to our 13rd?

If that move was feasible, I'd take a pass rusher at 9 and hope that Hopkins and Ertz are available at 31 and 34 to upgrade our offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I would take :

9 - Jonathon Cooper - OG/C

13 - Star Lotulelei - NT/DE
    You got a better shot at reversing the slots for these two guys. But this is how I would go also. Both these guys have a very high floor.

To me Star could be a young Tommy Kelly/BJ Raji type DT. The guy he really reminds me of is Michael Dean Perry.

Jonathan Cooper reminds me of Livitre, that athletic.

These are safe picks, you get one of these guys at 13- you wont hear that is all you got for Revis crap.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    if the jets keep both picks, at this point i'd be surprised if they did not pick a guard. if they trade back, anything's possible. it's not really up to idzik, it depends who's available starting at 9. best case for the jets, milliner slips to them and teams want to trade up. or, someone like the rams or vikings really want austin. cross your collective fingers. this may not be the 'home run' draft that wins them the superbowl but if idzik has his way it stockpiles talent at lots of positions.

i expect the bills to massively reach for nassib at 8, meaning the jets will have to position themselves for either manuel or glennon if that's who they want.
    Right now, if I'm the Jets, that 13th pick is for sale.

All Pro
    I'm trying!
    I recommend checking out Warmack vs LSU, and other games. You'll feel 100x better.

...although I'm starting to think the chances of us staying put on both picks is 1/4 at this point

The trade was not for equal value, the jets could never get equal value for Revis in a trade. His injury and contract demands weighed too heavily on the other side. You take the player and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by K_O_Brien View Post
    I believe their 31st and 34th pick would be close in value to our 13rd?

If that move was feasible, I'd take a pass rusher at 9 and hope that Hopkins and Ertz are available at 31 and 34 to upgrade our offense.

Preetty much even:
    http://www.calculatorsoup.com/calcul...pick-value.php

But considering this years draft we may have to throw back a 6th or something.

I recommend checking out Warmack vs LSU, and other games. You'll feel 100x better.

...although I'm starting to think the chances of us staying put on both picks is 1/4 at this point
    Yeah, like posters above mentioned would LOVE the 31 and 34 from the niners.

9 Warmack G
    31 Cyprien/Elam- S or Trufant/Taylor/HaydenCB
    34 QB prospect?? (Manuel/Barkley/Nassib/Geno if he falls)
    39 Z. Ertz TE

Starr and jordan

wow id be doing backflips.

we will prob only going to get one so trade back. there will be a bunch of really go WRs going in the 2nd round so id wait before we take one

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Yeah, like posters above mentioned would LOVE the 31 and 34 from the niners.

9 Warmack G
    31 Cyprien/Elam- S or Trufant/Taylor/HaydenCB
    34 QB prospect?? (Manuel/Barkley/Nassib/Geno if he falls)
    39 Z. Ertz TE
    Actually i would trade 1 of those picks for a 1st next yr if i could get it and a 3rd or 4th this yr.i can Live with:

9 -
    31 -
    39 -
    2 3rd -
    4th -

2 1st next yr
    our 2nd
    2 3rd next yr
    Last edited by Tinstar; 04-21-2013 at 07:19 PM.

All League
    I'm auctioning both #1's and hopefully I'll come away with:

- 2 #1's
    - 3 #2's

All Pro

Is Warmack a LG or a RG at the NFL Level.

Perennial all pro speaking.

We are trading one of these picks, someone is going to want tayvon Austin
    This is a good year for these two picks, we will parlay one of them for a couple of picks