Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Who do you select at #9 and #13?

9. Mingo
    13. Austin
    39. Cyprien

Bang. Bang. Bang.

Interestingly the Jets got a 13th for Revis and selected him 14th in the 07 draft.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Interestingly the Jets got a 13th for Revis and selected him 14th in the 07 draft.
    And we traded a third to move up to that 14th spot. THE VERY THIRD WE GOT BACK IN THIS DEAL.

We're through the looking glass here, people...

Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    9. Mingo
    13. Austin
    39. Cyprien

Bang. Bang. Bang.
    Mingo = Aaron Maybin 2.7

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Mingo = Aaron Maybin 2.7
    Nice insight. If only there was any evidence to back up that ridiculous statement.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Well if you want Cooper, or Warmack then trading down is the only rational way to do it. If there are two guards drafted in the top 20 then there will be two GMs fired next year.
    clearly you're about as tuned in to the draft this year as a burnt log of wood.
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-21-2013 at 11:51 PM.

Nice insight. If only there was any evidence to back up that ridiculous statement.
    Evidence? What is evidence? They are pretty much the same guy physically. And have the same questions coming out, great first step and lacks secondary pass rush moves, if they don't beat the guy on the initial move they are ineffective.

Mingo is faster and his instincts/desire may be better (and he most likely will be,) but as prospects they are/were similar.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    It's funny to me how Jets fans mock Barkley because he went to USC and because of Sanchez.

I think Barkley will be a solid NFL QB

I'm not particularly interested in going QB in first round, but Barkley and Manuel are my favorites at the top of the QB class.

My two picks at 9 and 13

Mingo and Austin

But my list of favorites, in no particular order

Ansah
    Mingo
    Warmack
    Austin
    Jordan
    Patterson
    Millnier
    Trufant
    Barkley
    Eifert
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 04-21-2013 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Evidence? What is evidence? They are pretty much the same guy physically. And have the same questions coming out, great first step and lacks secondary pass rush moves, if they don't beat the guy on the initial move they are ineffective.

Mingo is faster and his instincts/desire may be better (and he most likely will be,) but as prospects they are/were similar.
    Yea, you haven't watched Mingo

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    clearly you're about as tuned in to the draft as burnt log of wood this year.
    Did the draft happen and I missed it? Talk to me after the draft genius.

All Pro
    Did the draft happen and I missed it? Talk to me after the draft genius.
    Gladly pal... gladly. The fact that we're having this conversation is telling enough.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

Mingo played strong side DE, and set the edge last year against top competition. I don't think Maybin did that. You don't know what you're talking about. No one will give a first round pick for Revis, and no one will give a CB 16 mil per year. Maybe you should just stop talking now.

All Pro
    Mingo played strong side DE, and set the edge last year against top competition. I don't think Maybin did that. You don't know what you're talking about. No one will give a first round pick for Revis, and no one will give a CB 16 mil per year. Maybe you should just stop talking now.
    Christ, it gets even it better - you're Mingo supporter.

QB Geno Smith

CB Dee Milliner

OLB Barkevious Mingo, Jarvis Jones, Dion Jordan

WR Tavon Austin

G Warmack and Cooper

Give me 2 of any of these and I'm happy

Also would love to trade down in the right situation with 1 or both picks

I think SF might go for something like 13 (Star) and 39 (Hunt) for 31, 34, 61 and 74. SF gets two top rated players at positions of need, The jets then get 5 players from 31-74 which is pretty much the value sweet spot in this draft.

Look at a top 100 list and see what 5 players you could add to the #9 pick to jump start the rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    QB Geno Smith

CB Dee Milliner

WR Tavon Austin

G Warmack and Cooper

It is amazing to me how many guys so many would be OK with at 9 and 13 here. Normally it is like 3-4 guys at most but this is just such an even group in the 1st round.

QB Geno Smith

CB Dee Milliner

WR Tavon Austin

G Warmack and Cooper

I actually completely agree with this post, and even add in Ziggy at OLB.

If I was a betting man I would say it will be Cooper and Mingo barring a trade back. I would either take Cooper and Mingo or Cooper and Austin if I wasn't able to trade back. If I was able to trade back, I'd try to trade #9 and draft Cooper at #13.

For trade scenarios:
    If Lane Johnson falls to us at #9 look for them to even try to trade that pick to the dolphins or chargers. At #13, you would have Rams interested in Tavon and potentially the Steelers trying to jump the Saints for the pass rusher of their choice. Then there are the Falcons who need a CB and might try to make a run at Xavier Rhodes at #13. Also, the 49ers might have some interest in Star at #9.

I think at least one trade is offered to the Jets between those 2 picks.

QB Geno Smith

CB Dee Milliner

WR Tavon Austin

G Warmack and Cooper

Take out Geno and I agree. Glad you don't have Eifert on this list.

I would love OL and OLB o TE. Either way I believe those two draft picks would make our team better THIS season. Those would both be low risk picks IMO. Safe picks. With RB's this team could be a very potent running team THIS season.