Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dee Millner

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't necessarily want a CB early on but Milliner is a stud and I would take him in a heartbeat if he's available.....Which he won't be anyway

Nothing to do with replacing Revis....Just simply BPA

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I think it would be smart to get another cb since cro can't be expected to play at that high level for much longer. Two maybe three years.

Millner or Trufant... get one of them.
    I am of the opinion that no draft should go by without picking up a CB.

You always need CBs.

Now should we spend a 1st 2nd or 3rd on one? I'm not so sure. Good scouting can find good CBs in the latter rounds. Just look what Seattle has done. Hopefully Idzik can bring some of that knowledge/luck with him.

If we could get someone like a Terry Hawthorne, Tharold Simon or a Josh Johnson in round 4 or later it would give us some good depth at CB.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    I am of the opinion that no draft should go by without picking up a CB.

You always need CBs.

Now should we spend a 1st 2nd or 3rd on one? I'm not so sure. Good scouting can find good CBs in the latter rounds. Just look what Seattle has done. Hopefully Idzik can bring some of that knowledge/luck with him.

If we could get someone like a Terry Hawthorne, Tharold Simon or a Josh Johnson in round 4 or later it would give us some good depth at CB.
    Especially for Rex's scheme, we all know he loves his DBs.

As for drafting safety over CB bc it's a higher position of need for us, and if we draft a CB it will put the spotlight on them...these are true, but the fact fot he matter is that the safety value isn't really there at 9 and probably not at 13 either. Vaccaro is a nice player but he's not an earl thomas or the like.

While the CB class is deep, so is the safety class, and there's less of a margin of difference between Vaccaro and Cyprien/elam etc. than there is between milliner/rhodes and the rest of the class. either way, rhodes and milliner are both top ten talent, idk if Vaccaro really is. He just seems like a "nice player"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Milliner might not be ready for training camp

Alabama cornerback Dee Milliner has generally been regarded as the top cornerback available in the 2013 draft.

There are whispers now from NFL Network draft guru Mike Mayock that Milliner (or any other cornerback) might not go in the top 10 on Thursday.

But with Milliner, there is the extenuating circumstance of recovering from shoulder surgery last month to fix a torn labrum. According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, Milliner hasn't yet focused a lot of time on his rehab due to draft visits and workouts. Because of that, he might not be ready at the start of training camp for the team that drafts him.

"We haven't been able to do the rehab like I want to because I've been going to different teams," Milliner said. "But once the draft is over, I'll be able to start to rehab it and try to get back on track."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...medium=twitter

I'm against taking a CB in the 1st anyway..Take one 2nd-4th Rounds

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Alabama cornerback Dee Milliner has generally been regarded as the top cornerback available in the 2013 draft.

There are whispers now from NFL Network draft guru Mike Mayock that Milliner (or any other cornerback) might not go in the top 10 on Thursday.

But with Milliner, there is the extenuating circumstance of recovering from shoulder surgery last month to fix a torn labrum. According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, Milliner hasn't yet focused a lot of time on his rehab due to draft visits and workouts. Because of that, he might not be ready at the start of training camp for the team that drafts him.

"We haven't been able to do the rehab like I want to because I've been going to different teams," Milliner said. "But once the draft is over, I'll be able to start to rehab it and try to get back on track."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...medium=twitter

I'm against taking a CB in the 1st anyway..Take one 2nd-4th Rounds
    Jordan had the same surgery around the same time and there is nothing to suggest that he wouldnt be ready for camp. Interesting. Sucks because Milliner would have been a player that some teams might have been interested in trading up for.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Jordan had the same surgery around the same time and there is nothing to suggest that he wouldnt be ready for camp. Interesting. Sucks because Milliner would have been a player that some teams might have been interested in trading up for.
    Not to sound contrarian, but I'm pretty sure most of the reports that came out when we heard Jordan was having labrum surgery did in fact state that there was a possibility that he would not be ready for training camp.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    That's a terrible decision IMO. one of the worst case scenarios.

1 - Our secondary wasn't all that bad without him, which is one of the reasons we're able to do this trade. the SAFETY needs to be addressed more than CB

2 - we're rebuilding. Corner is not our greatest need. Our new #1 CB, Cromartie, played better than most team's #1s

3 - Trading all pro corner, just spend that pick on another corner is dumb. Like super dumb. Please he'll be put under the microscope by the media/public for living under Revis' shadow. you can't win if you're Millner.

4 - He's a not fool-proof draft prospect. Do you really want to risk that when you've given away you're best player? No...

5 - Millner would present a much better opportunity to trade back for this franchise.

+1

this answer is the best by far....end the thread now please.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @mortreport: Dee Milliner's medical file reads like a football player: shoulder, tibial rod, hernia surgery, knee scope. All teams get same info

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @mortreport: Dee Milliner's medical file reads like a football player: shoulder, tibial rod, hernia surgery, knee scope. All teams get same info
    Yeah...this kid is not going top 10.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @mortreport: Alabama players are talented, well coached and generally have thicker medical files - practice hard, play in SEC and a lot of big games.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    More I think about it more I like the idea of Milliner, or even Rhodes. Still would prefer Vaccaro over either though, but just barely in the case of Milliner. Man thursday is going to be exciting, so many possibilities

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently Milliner WILL be perfect to replace Revis since reports are out now that he is injured and will miss the start of training camp.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...-training-camp

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Apparently Milliner WILL be perfect to replace Revis since reports are out now that he is injured and will miss the start of training camp.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...-training-camp
    Said he might miss the start of TC and btw Revis missed the start of TC his rookie year. Read before you hyperlink and scream for us to draft the next Gholston or Ingram instead. Jets need surefire rock solid draft picks not OLB's w/question marks coming out the ass.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I think it would be smart to get another cb since cro can't be expected to play at that high level for much longer. Two maybe three years.

Millner or Trufant... get one of them.
    Jets can get Hayden/Ansah/Jones to pair with Barnes/McIntyre and drop down to pick up Hayden who is arguably a better prospect than Milliner.

The point is a ferocious front 7 makes all your db's better. Imagine what Co and Wilson can do with some consistent pass rush up front. Jets were ok without Revis, but it's easier for the pass rush to make the db's better than the other way around. We can't mask the deficiencies in pass rush upfront. The Jets are in an ideal position in the draft to address that.

They also need to get a dominant run blocking guard like Cooper/Warford to pave the way for the running game and take pressure of Sanchez. Jets can't afford to squander picks like in year's past.