Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dee Millner

Dee Millner

Who better to replace Darrelle Revis than the next Darrelle Revis?

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    That would be wild if the Jets came out of the 1st round with milliner & Jarvis Jones.

I like Milliner but we have so many holes that I feel it'd be odd to take a CB. Wilson isn't great but he's good enough for a second starter.

I think it'd be wild if we took Ezekiel Ansah and Jarvis Jones. Our pass rush issues would instantly be a thing of the past

Quote Originally Posted by JmercJETS View Post
    I like Milliner but we have so many holes that I feel it'd be odd to take a CB. Wilson isn't great but he's good enough for a second starter.

I think it'd be wild if we took Ezekiel Ansah and Jarvis Jones. Our pass rush issues would instantly be a thing of the past
    this would be the best fit

Quote Originally Posted by JmercJETS View Post

I don't trust Wilson nearly as much as alot of you guys do.

All Pro
    I think it would be smart to get another cb since cro can't be expected to play at that high level for much longer. Two maybe three years.

Millner or Trufant... get one of them.

All Pro
    That's a terrible decision IMO. one of the worst case scenarios.

1 - Our secondary wasn't all that bad without him, which is one of the reasons we're able to do this trade. the SAFETY needs to be addressed more than CB

2 - we're rebuilding. Corner is not our greatest need. Our new #1 CB, Cromartie, played better than most team's #1s

3 - Trading all pro corner, just spend that pick on another corner is dumb. Like super dumb. Please he'll be put under the microscope by the media/public for living under Revis' shadow. you can't win if you're Millner.

4 - He's a not fool-proof draft prospect. Do you really want to risk that when you've given away you're best player? No...

5 - Millner would present a much better opportunity to trade back for this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

1 - Our secondary wasn't all that bad without him, which is one of the reasons we're able to do this trade. the SAFETY needs to be addressed more than CB

2 - we're rebuilding. Corner is not our greatest need. Our new #1 CB, Cromartie, played better than most team's #1s

3 - Trading all pro corner, just spend that pick on another corner is dumb. Like super dumb. Please he'll be put under the microscope by the media/public for living under Revis' shadow. you can't win if you're Millner.

4 - He's a not fool-proof draft prospect. Do you really want to risk that when you've given away you're best player? No...

5 - Millner would present a much better opportunity to trade back for this franchise.
    1 - Laron Landry playing at an all-pro level mitigated losing Revis. Now he's gone. Our secondary is f*cked next yr unless we get some horses.

2 - If you're rebuilding you take good young players specifically BPA. And Corner is still a need anyway you guys overrate Kyle Wilson.

3 - How is replacing Revis dumb?

4 - No such thing as a foolproof draft prospect.

5 - The only team that showed any interest in Revis now has him so who is trading up for Millner?

All Pro
    This draft is very deep at CB. Lots of value in rounds 3-4. I'd be perfectly happy to pick up a guy in the 3rd round to add depth / challenge for the #2 CB spot.

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    This draft is very deep at CB. Lots of value in rounds 3-4. I'd be perfectly happy to pick up a guy in the 3rd round to add depth / challenge for the #2 CB spot.
    Any decent rookie will beat out the JAG Wilson.

I agree with you. This is going to be a process over several off seasons. Address pass rush, OL and wr positions. Do the trade with NO for rb. If the secondary falls off dramatically, which is possible, address next off season. But a good pass rush helps a poor secondary. Plenty of evidence recently to illustrate that point.

Please do not draft a CB in the first or 2nd round.

Veteran
    Love the idea of drafting him if he falls to us

All Pro
    1 - Laron Landry playing at an all-pro level mitigated losing Revis. Now he's gone. Our secondary is f*cked next yr unless we get some horses.

2 - If you're rebuilding you take good young players specifically BPA. And Corner is still a need anyway you guys overrate Kyle Wilson.

3 - How is replacing Revis dumb?

4 - No such thing as a foolproof draft prospect.

5 - The only team that showed any interest in Revis now has him so who is trading up for Millner?
    Weak arguments, across the board.

1 - exactly Safety. Vaccaro, Elam, Cyprien. Not Corner.

2 - I don't overrate Wilson. We just don't need to go chasing waterfalls with Cromartie and wilson on the roster. BPA? sure. Will he be over Warmack or Star? no.

3 - Read better.

4 - True, but the risk of Millner busting to replace Revis is too great. Just like replacing Sanchez with Barkley is idiotic.

5 - Are you kidding me? There's LOTS of teams with a pressing need at Corner.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    Love the idea of drafting him if he falls to us
    I think it's going to end up hapenning.

If we do take a CB I'd rather it be Rhodes. If not I am OK with it CB depth is the one thing we have a lot of right now. I'd be happy running with what we have. I do feel Cro is gone next year though so if we can get Rhodes I'd be thrilled.

Talking OUR FIRST 4 DRAFT PICKS WILL BE CRUCIAL

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    If we do take a CB I'd rather it be Rhodes. If not I am OK with it CB depth is the one thing we have a lot of right now. I'd be happy running with what we have. I do feel Cro is gone next year though so if we can get Rhodes I'd be thrilled.
    I like Rhodes with the 13th pick. We get the top Tight End with the 39th. and Zac Dysert QB, to back up Sanchez, in the 3rd round.

...Hate to see Revis go.... but we can't afford 15 Million a year for him.

Talking JETS WON'T TAKE MILLINER....COULD GO OT THEN, GET RHODES AT 13.

==Dee Milliner falls to No. 10? It's absolutely possible. Non-elite cornerbacks are not drafted highly. No corner has gone in the top four since Charles Woodson in 1998. Morris Claiborne, predicted by many to be selected No. 3 overall last year, slipped to No. 6. Milliner is not as good as Claiborne. He's been overhyped, and he's definitely not going as high as the media projects him. He's not a play-maker; he has just six interceptions in three years (compared to Claiborne's six in 2011 alone), and he was not asked to backpedal at Alabama. He'll have to learn new technique

Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    ==Dee Milliner falls to No. 10? It's absolutely possible. Non-elite cornerbacks are not drafted highly. No corner has gone in the top four since Charles Woodson in 1998. Morris Claiborne, predicted by many to be selected No. 3 overall last year, slipped to No. 6. Milliner is not as good as Claiborne. He's been overhyped, and he's definitely not going as high as the media projects him. He's not a play-maker; he has just six interceptions in three years (compared to Claiborne's six in 2011 alone), and he was not asked to backpedal at Alabama. He'll have to learn new technique
    The only people who evaluate CB's based on the interception stat are 15 year olds who have 5x fantasy football teams.

Exclamation MR KNOW IT ALL

The only people who evaluate CB's based on the interception stat are 15 year olds who have 5x fantasy football teams.
    -- My cousin Pete Schrager of Fox Sports agrees with me.... that Milliner is overrated, so there.!

BTW.. i am 17 , not 15. ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    Claiborne wasn't any better then Rhodes or Milliner. It was more out side of him and Gilmore that CB class wasn't very deep and the class was not top end heavy on D at all. Coples and Dontari Poe were supposed to be the top 2 prospects and both fell out of the top ten. Peterson was the best prospect I have ever seen went 5. Rhodes looks better to me then Kareem Jackson who went 20 behind Haden 7 and Earl Thomas 14. A draft that also sported names like Devin McCourty and Patrick Robinson who many said where better then Jackson. CB can without a doubt go early it is just a matter of time. Yeah neither are Haden or Peterson but your also not talking a top end heavy overall draft. If someone thinks Rhodes will be Jackson good he could very well break the top 4 IMO. Same with Milliner. If Oakland wants a long term player I could very well see them taking CB here as a safe bet.