Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: And Francesa's Reaction Will Be?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fatso is too smart to completely eviscerate the Jets and their new management.

He will likely go off on the past admin and talk about how they could be a contending team right now if they made better decisions. He will then talk about how he feels bad for the fans.

He knows what Idzik is doing is correct. He will have fun with STH's.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ian O'Conner just hammered the Jets on ESPN Radio...

Said...

1) he would have paid Revis (thinks he would have taken $15mm a year)

2) Could have and should have gotten much more than 1 first rounder.

Is this "expert" uniformed and just looking to pile on?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny how most of the media is not bringing up the idea that Revis has the opportunity to hold out or get his guaranteed money next year. He had no leverage with the injury so he couldn't get guarantee money. He plays back to his ALL-Pro and things will change. I can't see him playing 6 years without guarantee money especially after going through 1 knee injury.

To me this contract will have a part 2 after this season based on how he plays and if he doesnt get hurt. I think if the Jets kept him and he played well this upcoming season, then he's asking for 100 million with 40 guaranteed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis is a funny dude. Why would people approach your ass when you are under contract? if you want more money, YOU go ask for it...and you state your case why you are worth what you think you are.

It really sucks that it came down to this, and that he isnt going to retire a jet...but i am not sure how much ass kissing the jets had to do exactly for him to be happy.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Francessa thinks he discovered Teddy Bridgewater this guys hillarious

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

Said...

Piling on IMO. Teams aren't going to be willing to give up much more than TB did while negotiating a new deal for him. Revis would help them to mediocrity, the last place you want to be when rebuilding a team.

By the time the new youth is ready, Revis won't be the player he was, if he ever returns to his former glory. It was time to turn the page.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Revis is a funny dude. Why would people approach your ass when you are under contract? if you want more money, YOU go ask for it...and you state your case why you are worth what you think you are.

It really sucks that it came down to this, and that he isnt going to retire a jet...but i am not sure how much ass kissing the jets had to do exactly for him to be happy.
    Of course management, knowing how he operates, would have approached The Great One and inquired as to whether he would like some more money.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johhny Johnson View Post
    Francessa thinks he discovered Teddy Bridgewater this guys hillarious
    The only way Fatcessa could have discovered Teddy Bridgewater is iif Teddy was hiding under an all you can eat buffet.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

Said...

Media reaction is mixed from what I've seen.

Skip Bayless and those turds thought the Jets got prison-raped. They never once considered the financial aspect of it.

The NFL Network AM guys thought the Jets did well and that you can't build a team well by paying a CB $16 m a year.

Then you'll have some blowhards that just want to pile on.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL @ Fatso being completely wrong about guaranteed money

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    who was the Francesa woman that apparently is worth 4 pages of thread on JI?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    This.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by APL330 View Post
    Funny how most of the media is not bringing up the idea that Revis has the opportunity to hold out or get his guaranteed money next year. He had no leverage with the injury so he couldn't get guarantee money. He plays back to his ALL-Pro and things will change. I can't see him playing 6 years without guarantee money especially after going through 1 knee injury.

To me this contract will have a part 2 after this season based on how he plays and if he doesnt get hurt. I think if the Jets kept him and he played well this upcoming season, then he's asking for 100 million with 40 guaranteed.
    Absolutely, he will hold the Bucs up next year if he has a pre injury Revis year, I hope he sucks next year and gets cut by the Bucs