Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for people who think Kyle Wilson can start next year

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS2417 View Post
    Honestly enough saying our pass defense was good without him last year. Last year we had a probowl* safety who left in FA. I didn't think we should lock him long term based on injury history but he started all 16 games last yr. We need to replace landry first before bringing up last years pass defense. If we add a safety and a pass rusher it could even be better than last year.

I still hate the Revis trade, but time will tell. If we trade up for Geno my head will explode.
    That pro bowl safety was highly overrated, and one of 2 strong safeties we had on the field. He's a big hitter, but he belongs in the box. He had absolutely nothing to do with the success of our pass defense.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    got any more false, BS stories about Mo Wilkinson's auto accident to spread around on the internet, genius?
    Got any semblance of a life outside of a jets message board? Got anything relevant to say other than something from last summer, that I discussed with you over a Private message? Nice 20,000 posts, man. You're really cool.

All Pro
    22 Berry, Aaron CB 5-11 180 24 4 Pittsburgh

Does this guy have any say in this discussion ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    22 Berry, Aaron CB 5-11 180 24 4 Pittsburgh

Does this guy have any say in this discussion ?
    I actually think that guy has more potential as a #2 corner than KW20. Too bad he never saw the field last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Got any semblance of a life outside of a jets message board? Got anything relevant to say other than something from last summer, that I discussed with you over a Private message? Nice 20,000 posts, man. You're really cool.
    my only point was that you were full of crap on that issue and no doubt full of crap on this one too.

and, I'll be happy to match up my life versus yours any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    my only point was that you were full of crap on that issue and no doubt full of crap on this one too.

and, I'll be happy to match up my life versus yours any day of the week.
    Yep. Match up your life as an Adult man on a message board posting 20,000 times against mine, as a 20 year old college kid. Good call.

and yeah, i was totally trolling. I'm totally full of crap on a message board post stating my opinion about the football team I root for. Good call again.

He's really not a bad player overall.....We can certainly live with Cro/KW

Pretty hot and cold, but hopefully he steps up his game to a more consistent level as a starter this year

Quote Originally Posted by JETS2417 View Post
    Any corner would struggle with out pitiful pass rush.. we were spoiled the past few years with Revis and cromartie.. two pro bowl corners. With Revis now as good as gone we're screwed with what we have now.

However the draft hasnt happened yet. If we draft a pass rusher and he works out (anti vernon) then Wilson will be fine. Corners just can't cover for 7 seconds every play. Unless they are top ten at their postion like Revis and cro.
    Exactly. We will have two young passrushers at OLB including Barnes, and probably Jones or Mingo. The continuing improvements from Wilks and Coples, addition of Garray and growht of Ellis and Harrison should make things much easier for everyone in the secondary. I like the Jets' chances to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Yep. Match up your life as an Adult man on a message board posting 20,000 times against mine, as a 20 year old college kid. Good call.

and yeah, i was totally trolling. I'm totally full of crap on a message board post stating my opinion about the football team I root for. Good call again.
    Dude you need to calm down

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    That pro bowl safety was highly overrated, and one of 2 strong safeties we had on the field. He's a big hitter, but he belongs in the box. He had absolutely nothing to do with the success of our pass defense.
    Agreed.

The fact that we couldn't stop the run, played a bunch of rookie QB's early on in the season and a bunch of sucky QB's later on in the season helped more so.

The fact is for those who look at last year as an example of what the pass defense will be will be upset when they see it on the field - just as those who are "sky is falling" over-reactors will be surprised - , unless of course we hit on the OLB we draft and we have an elite pass rush - then for most of the time it will be like "Darrelle, who?" like the Ravens said after losing Laderius Webb and regaining Terrell Suggs.

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Exactly. We will have two young passrushers at OLB including Barnes, and probably Jones or Mingo. The continuing improvements from Wilks and Coples, addition of Garray and growht of Ellis and Harrison should make things much easier for everyone in the secondary. I like the Jets' chances to be honest.
    JMO It unrealistic to expect Antonio Cromartie to have any where close to the season he had in 2012. He had one of the best year of his career in 2012 and he a year closer to thirty( a CB skills can deteriorate very fast)

IF I was the Jets maybe you think about moving Cromartie( his worth is never going to be any higher) this year. If your going to rebuild you don't go half way in, but to totally rebuild. Who knows maybe 2014 new headcoach defense isn't depended so much on man to man cb's.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-22-2013 at 08:56 AM.

The folks who understand that our pass rush is directly related to how effective our secondary will be this season, get it.
    Which is the reason the Jets have been rebuilding the front line and LB'ing corp. This is also why the 16 million dollar man became expendable.

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    The folks who understand that our pass rush is directly related to how effective our secondary will be this season, get it.
    Which is the reason the Jets have been rebuilding the front line and LB'ing corp. This is also why the 16 million dollar man became expendable.
    Yep.

QB's and pass rush win championships, not CB's.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    JMO It unrealistic to expect Antonio Cromartie to have any where close to the season he had in 2012. He had one of the best year of his career in 2012 and he a year closer to thirty( a CB skills can deteriorate very fast)

IF I was the Jets maybe you think about moving Cromartie( his worth is never going to be any higher) this year. Who knows when the new headcoach comes in 2014 maybe his defense doesn't demand a man to man cb as much as Rex ryan defense does.
    Are you being realistic? Good for you. How come every Raider is going to get much better every year, and it's realistic that other teams' players are going to decline? No reason to think Cro will decline for at least a few more years. Except maybe your wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Are you being realistic? Good for you. How come every Raider is going to get much better every year, and it's realistic that other teams' players are going to decline? No reason to think Cro will decline for at least a few more years. Except maybe your wishful thinking.
    All I'm going to say lets see what Antonio Cromartie does in 2013. I will let his play decide if I was right or wrong. JMO He doesn't have anywhere close to the year he had in 2012.(was career year)

Do you not understand were not talking about a young Qb like a Kyle wilson (chance to get better)but a Cb nearing thirty years of age who there is only one way to go,- and that is down.
    A Cromartie can start to slip and it could happen very quickly. Idzik was smart he would move him too while his trade value at all time high. Jet pass defense with Cromartie isn't stopping the passing teams they face this year.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-22-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I agree with all who have said that a CB is as good as his team's pash rush. That being said, Wilson got beat repeatedly last year and in the few instances that he was actually sucessful, more times than not it was the result of a bad pass by the QB as opposed to an actaul atheletic defensive play on his part. And the cockiness he often displayed on the field is a bit troubling as well. He has been underwhelming so far and needless to say, I'n not a big fan.