Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally Done

Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    I cant put in words how disappointed I am in what Idzik has done ever since he stepped his feet into this building. So far he has cut / traded away about our whole Defense.
    Most left via FA, which may get the Jets some future Comp picks.

Pace, Pouha and Scott were cut and Pace just re-signed. Scott and Pouha are still on the street.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    I guess you missed the one losing season in the last 5 years and the other successes of the jetc over the years....it's this idiotic attitude that seperates some jets fans from others....thank GOD I am one of the rational die hard fans who is excited about the NOW.

I cannot go around as a fan touting 44 years of losing...if you were a browns fan I guess you would be committing suicide.
    Yes, we have it better than some teams. But that should't be where the bar is set.

And we haven't won a SB in 44 years. That is what he meant.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    If he took an unguaranteed contract with TB then you have to assume he would have here. I'm sorry, I was all for trading him when the rumored deal was 96m with 50m guaranteed. That makes him completely uncuttable AND untradeable at any time. But 96m unguaranteed would leave us holding all the cards at any time. If he does't perform well because of the knee, cut him with no cap ramification. If he becomes a pain holding out or anything, trade him with no cap implication. If his play declined in year 4, cut him with no cap implication. Bottom line the 4th rounder is not one you can predict. Maybe it will be good, maybe not. 50/50 at best. So it really becomes Revis fir the 13th overall. There is not a player at 13 that is as good as Revis, nor even has the talent of Revis.
    Depends how long he'd play on that "no guarantee" contract. I say it gets redone if he proves he's healthy this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    we have not won the superbowl but I am also not putting 44 years of losing on my screen....some of us are optimistic...I like the direction this team is heading into. there is reason fro jets fan to be happy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yes, we have it better than some teams. But that should't be where the bar is set.

And we haven't won a SB in 44 years. That is what he meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    If he took an unguaranteed contract with TB then you have to assume he would have here. I'm sorry, I was all for trading him when the rumored deal was 96m with 50m guaranteed. That makes him completely uncuttable AND untradeable at any time. But 96m unguaranteed would leave us holding all the cards at any time. If he does't perform well because of the knee, cut him with no cap ramification. If he becomes a pain holding out or anything, trade him with no cap implication. If his play declined in year 4, cut him with no cap implication. Bottom line the 4th rounder is not one you can predict. Maybe it will be good, maybe not. 50/50 at best. So it really becomes Revis fir the 13th overall. There is not a player at 13 that is as good as Revis, nor even has the talent of Revis.
    The Jets would not have re-negotiated his contract this year because they simply have no cap space.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    the jets have 8 picks in 2013 with 2 of them in the top 15....and 12 picks includung two picks in the 3rd round and alot of cap space....I like those numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    The Jets would not have re-negotiated his contract this year because they simply have no cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Depends how long he'd play on that "no guarantee" contract. I say it gets redone if he proves he's healthy this year.
    yeah no way he plays more than 1 year without guarenteed money. he will ask for it next year or hold out.

the jets have 8 picks in 2013 with 2 of them in the top 15....and 12 picks includung two picks in the 3rd round and alot of cap space....I like those numbers.
    we need to find our franchise QB or all those picks are worthless

Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    Not true.

They didn't want to.

Great trade for both sides .... He was leaving anyway in 2014 ...

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    That's a very good point that I didn't consider.

Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    I cant put in words how disappointed I am in what Idzik has done ever since he stepped his feet into this building. So far he has cut / traded away about our whole Defense.
    The team went 6-10. Holding on to those players doesn't make the team better, only gets another 6-10 team. Most fans, coaches, and even GM's overvalue their own players. We needed an outsider to cut the dead weight.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    8th year, ACL, furthest guy from the ball, huge money. I can accept this move.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    +1

How awesome would it be if we took a guy like Austin with the 13th pick and then he burns Revis right out of the gate?

The stadium would go apesh*t.
    Who's gonna throw the ball???

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Most left via FA, which may get the Jets some future Comp picks.

Pace, Pouha and Scott were cut and Pace just re-signed. Scott and Pouha are still on the street.
    Anyone who rips Idzik for letting the players we let go leave has no clue at all.

If these were guys who can help at ALL they would be signed by another team, instead pouha, scott, eric smith, brandon moore- are all unsigned.

Losing slauson sucked IMO, but landry got overpaid as he is below average in coverage, greene was GROSSLY overpaid, and keller is a TE who cant block.

Everything he has done so far is smart and will be the basis for building a TEAM.

Anyone know this guy? Stay away if you do. He be angry

@TyGreen14: Screw you Woody Johnson, screw you John Idzik, screw you Mark Sanchez, screw you Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and screw you Darrelle Revis.

13th pick this year + TB's 3rd next year >>>> 1 year rental of Revis + 2015 possible 3rd RD compensation pick.

That's what this trade comes down to.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Not true.

They didn't want to.
    How?
    http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary.html

New York Jets Salary Cap

NFL Salary Cap Limit: $123,000,000
    Jets Estimated Total: $118,213,761
    Jets Adjusted Cap: $126,400,000
    Current Estimated Cap Space: $8,186,239

Yes, there’s $8,186,239, but some of that money needs to be alloacted to the 2013 draft class.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I say we go right after him in the opener.
    He'll still be holding out in Week 1

I guess you missed the one losing season in the last 5 years and the other successes of the jetc over the years....it's this idiotic attitude that seperates some jets fans from others....thank GOD I am one of the rational die hard fans who is excited about the NOW.

I cannot go around as a fan touting 44 years of losing...if you were a browns fan I guess you would be committing suicide.
    +1
    These fans are like martyrs. I don't know why they even watch the games. I wonder what they would have to say if Tampa backed out of the deal & we all watched Revis ride off into the sunset in 2014 leaving us with a 3rd round comp pick.
    The same posters that were spewing that the Jets would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick are biatching about getting a 1st & probably 3rd in 2014.