Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally Done

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    There's only one scenario in which this is a good trade for Tampa:

They're banking on winning the Super Bowl this season, then they can cut Revis. A 1, a 4 and $16 million for one year are worth if for the rings. But that ain't happening. They're going to regret it big time when he's holding out next summer.

Perhaps Tampa's GM looks at it as a success also if they can battle for a playoff spot which may let him keep his job after next season

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Why would he hold out? He's got 16 million reasons not to, year in and year out.

Tampa cut themselves a hell of a deal here.
    You can't possibly be this stupid

Can he?

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Our leverage was that we had a future Hall of Fame CB on the roster that didn't need to go anywhere let alone to a team that thinks its a player or two from making big noise in the NFC.

I fail to see why getting a 3rd rounder this year was so hard for Idzik to wrangle out of Tampa, why it had to wait until next year.

SAR I
    SAR ... You have to be kidding me !! A CB for 16 mil ... What are you smoking ??

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Are you sh*ttin' me?

Pretty hard to splurge in FA when you have no money.

Especially when your dogsh*t failure of a QB is eating up $14 million a year.
    We talk about all the big names in free agency, but there are tons of small names in free agency and we got nothing. We've lost, I lose count, 11 starters? And we have a GM that wasn't very highly regarded.

We have money. We have a GM that looks like he doesn't know how to spend it.

SAR I

We talk about all the big names in free agency, but there are tons of small names in free agency and we got nothing. We've lost, I lose count, 11 starters? And we have a GM that wasn't very highly regarded.

SAR I
    I hardly ever agree with what SAR writes. but today it's hitting home.

Im super optimistic but Our schedule is brutal last year we pissed away a cupcake schedule. 3-13 is a possibility.

I hope to god out front seven turn out to be monsters. Or it's gonna be a long season filled with
    unnamed sources,Rex on the hot seat every week commentary, Kyle Wilson in his always fun to watch trail technique. Whole everyone watches for the next butt fumble.
    Going to work is gonna suck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jetsonly View Post
    Don't know why so many are pissed. Jets got a pretty sweet deal IMO.
    The team can buy a lot of help with his salery. Plus the 13th pick.
    Plus no more Greedy Punk.
    SWEET!
    Because we got rid of our best player for a maybe, who will likely take 2-3 years to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by legler82 View Post
    "Shocked...The bottom line is [the Jets] did not get very much...the Bucs really stole him"

-Sal Paolantonio
    Where were these guys last offseason saying that the Texans GOT FLEECED, they GAVE Mario Williams away. How could they let a top 5 defensive player in the league go FOR NOTHING.

We got a 1st round pick for someone who we didnt want to pay to be here - thats a steal.

6 years/96 million, no guarantees.

This is what's going to happen:

Revis is going to go into training camp and talk about how great the Bucs organization is. He will say how he misses his teammates in New York, wishes them well, etc., etc., blah blah blah.

He's going to play this season, and IF (IF) he plays well, next year will begin the mystique of whether or not Revis will hold out for guaranteed money.

The Bucs may be giving him a rental contract, and renegotiate anyway next year (pending the knee), but right now he knows what he wants. Revis wants guaranteed money.

Going to a contender to win a Superbowl? Laughable. Schefter reported that the Bucs are the early winners in this? How? The guy is coming off of ACL surgery. He barely played last year.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Where were these guys last offseason saying that the Texans GOT FLEECED, they GAVE Mario Williams away. How could they let a top 5 defensive player in the league go FOR NOTHING.

We got a 1st round pick for someone who we didnt want to pay to be here - thats a steal.
    Exactly. These guys "talking heads" just love to kill the Jets. And honestly, i don't care either way.

Veteran

SAR I
    Sardouche at it again.....pathetic.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51 View Post
    0 guaranteed? Sounds like Tampa got a pretty f'n good deal there. Guess we were never offered a 1/3/5 but this is a big disappointment IMO.
    Tampa got themselves 1 year of Revis, and it'll be his "returning from a torn ACL" year. If he plays the full year, he'll hold out next year for guaranteed money. I guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Why would he hold out? He's got 16 million reasons not to, year in and year out.

Tampa cut themselves a hell of a deal here.
    It's funny because you are serious.

Guaranteed money is the only real number in a contract. The rest is fluff.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    If he took an unguaranteed contract with TB then you have to assume he would have here. I'm sorry, I was all for trading him when the rumored deal was 96m with 50m guaranteed. That makes him completely uncuttable AND untradeable at any time. But 96m unguaranteed would leave us holding all the cards at any time. If he does't perform well because of the knee, cut him with no cap ramification. If he becomes a pain holding out or anything, trade him with no cap implication. If his play declined in year 4, cut him with no cap implication. Bottom line the 4th rounder is not one you can predict. Maybe it will be good, maybe not. 50/50 at best. So it really becomes Revis fir the 13th overall. There is not a player at 13 that is as good as Revis, nor even has the talent of Revis.
    Hmmm...not quite sure you're grasping the concept here...

But it ain't if Darrelle is equal to the 13th pick overall. It is IF Darrelle is = to the 13th pick AND the say $13 mill in cap space and what other players that provides.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Tampa got themselves 1 year of Revis, and it'll be his "returning from a torn ACL" year. If he plays the full year, he'll hold out next year for guaranteed money. I guarantee it.
    +1000

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The unintelligent jet homers who cant come to grips that we are in a complete rebuild will bash this move.

Intelligent jet fans who understand the direction our franchise is going will realize this is a great move under the circumstances.

Looking forward to thursday night with 2 of the top 13 picks.
    +1

All Pro
    I'm sorry to see him go, but come on, 16 million for a corner? No corner is worth that. I thought the comp was a little light, maybe get and extra couple low rounders in there.

But 16 million? How is that smart? He doesn't even help us with NE, they kill us with tight ends. Well, OK, he helps with NE, but not as much as when Moss was there.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    Look... if we didn't make a trade now he would have left us next year with our dick in our hand.

We have 2 first round picks!
    This, in a nutshell (no pun intended)

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    Look... if we didn't make a trade now he would have left us next year with our dick in our hand.

We have 2 first round picks!
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    This, in a nutshell (no pun intended)
    Spinning this as "we have 2 first round picks!" is ridiculous.

We just traded a Hall Of Fame talent and a Top 10 NFL player for a 22 year old pick out of the Top 10 in a draft that is known to be the weakest in years.

I'm in agreement that we had to get rid of Revis while he could still give us something of value; the issue is that we didn't get enough for him. A better GM would have played better hardball. Our rookie operations manager faux GM went from negotiating the price the Seahawks paid for toilet paper in their training facility to negotiating the deal for one of the Top 10 players in the league and is in over his head.

SAR I

All Pro
    Our leverage was that we had a future Hall of Fame CB on the roster that didn't need to go anywhere let alone to a team that thinks its a player or two from making big noise in the NFC.

I fail to see why getting a 3rd rounder this year was so hard for Idzik to wrangle out of Tampa, why it had to wait until next year.

SAR I
    Yes, you fail. No news there.

He wrangled a first out of him this year.

Spinning this as "we have 2 first round picks!" is ridiculous.

We just traded a Hall Of Fame talent and a Top 10 NFL player for a 22 year old pick out of the Top 10 in a draft that is known to be the weakest in years.

I'm in agreement that we had to get rid of Revis while he could still give us something of value; the issue is that we didn't get enough for him. A better GM would have played better hardball. Our rookie operations manager faux GM went from negotiating the price the Seahawks paid for toilet paper in their training facility to negotiating the deal for one of the Top 10 players in the league and is in over his head.

SAR I
    .... This post is filled with all kinds of wrong ... A 1st and a 3rd is awesome for a great player in the last year of his contract coming off an ACL ... Get a clue man.