Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally Done

So those 4 comp picks are not coming from the Revis deal but from the free agent defections this year.

Okay.

It's the same as before people, the guaranteed money really means nothing. No one had an issue with guaranteeing him money, what people had a problem with was eating up that much cap space over an elite corner. Guess what? If TB gets into a cap bind they will either have to cut Revis or try to renegotiate. If you do the former you basically rented Revis for a 1st and 3rd-4th. If you do the latter you don't think is a**hole agents won't bend the GM over the table? And finally if it all goes perfect and you don't HAVE to cut him, you're still burning 16 a year holding on to him. With a chance that he holds out just cause.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    Just two picks? TWO?!

I am a very optimistic person, but the chances are this will go down as the worst trade in history. We will not know until we draft the players, and then years later, but the law of averages says we will not get back anything close to his impact.

I'll be hoping and praying those picks turn into something good, but man, just two?! Wow. To return the impact, we'd need a HIGH impact player with one of those 1st rounders. And in today's NFL, that's QB. Wow... no way to tell yet, but not impressed.

Oh... wait...

Okay... well, that's better. I've been a 30+ year fan of this team, but if all we got for him was 2 picks, only one of which was a 1, I would've been pretty close to giving up on this club. At least there's some light there.
    We got a top 15 pick this year that itself is very high value. Draft picks are more valued in today's NFL. To get that type of pick for basically the right to make someone the highest paid defensive player is good value. The 2nd pick is just gravy

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Bro I am still scratching my head as to why people here thinks this deal is bad.....are they actually thinking lol
    The compensation is fine, I'm more concerned with his Tampa contract. With no guarantees we could have found a way to keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Bro I am still scratching my head as to why people here thinks this deal is bad.....are they actually thinking lol
    Couldn't agree more. This deal is worse than a POSSIBLE fourth round pick next year? How?

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    The compensation is fine, I'm more concerned with his Tampa contract. With no guarantees we could have found a way to keep him.
    At $16 million a year? No chance

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    We got a top 15 pick this year that itself is very high value. Draft picks are more valued in today's NFL. To get that type of pick for basically the right to make someone the highest paid defensive player is good value. The 2nd pick is just gravy
    + 1000

Gaurentee wasn't the problem the money he was making was the problem. In a perfect world he plays this contract out your still paying a CB franchise QB money

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    A full blast colon cleanse.....
    This GM is gonna churn and burn.

All League
    Charter JI Member

It will be interesting to see if the Bucs GM....who is supposedly a personal friend of Idzik...will try to pull a "Vilma" on the Jets.

They'd have to cut him, leave him open to other teams, then resign him as opposed to just redoing the deal.

Again,the friend angle between the two GMs is really interesting.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Then it's basically guaranteed that we get their 3rd rounder next year.

How is this a bad deal?

A Top 15 pick as well as a 3rd rounder in 2014 for a CB coming off ACL surgery who was going to walk after this year anyway.

Again, why are people pissed about this?
    Don't know why so many are pissed. Jets got a pretty sweet deal IMO.
    The team can buy a lot of help with his salery. Plus the 13th pick.
    Plus no more Greedy Punk.
    SWEET!

All League
    Cimini just tweeted that the franchise tag for a CB is 10.8 per year. Revis new contract is effectively 1.5 x the franchise tag. Makes you really think about that 16 million number.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    So those 4 comp picks are not coming from the Revis deal but from the free agent defections this year.

Okay.
    Comp picks will be for Landry / Greene / Keller / DeVito / Bell / Slauson.

Bell and Slauson won't have signed for much, so our best bets are the other guys. No info on what Keller signed for. I wouldn't expect any of these picks to be all that high - mainly 5th to 7th rounders. I'd be surprised if we get a 4th.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post

Just two picks? TWO?!

I am a very optimistic person, but the chances are this will go down as the worst trade in history.
    +1

Idzik fleeced.

SAR I

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Cimini just tweeted that the franchise tag for a CB is 10.8 per year. Revis new contract is effectively 1.5 x the franchise tag. Makes you really think about that 16 million number.
    And the $16m will increase the tag number next year for the rest of the CB market.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp;48633saying96
    We got a top 15 pick this year that itsoelf is very high value. Draft picks are more valued in today's NFL. To get that type of pick for basically t sayinhe right to make someone the highest paid defensive player is good value. The 2nd pick is just gravy
    So you are saying a unproven rookie which is what this 13th pick is,has the same value as a proven vet. ,probowler& future Hall of Famer no way!

All League
    Charter JI Member

On another note....this John Geiger guy is an a$$hat....what a farking tool:

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I hear you m'man but I am also looking at long term when it comes to Revis..the fact is well before his next contract was going to be up, he would have been grumbling about a new contract....this is refreshing for the jets...going into training camp with this dark cloud not hanging over the team.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Comp picks will be for Landry / Greene / Keller / DeVito / Bell / Slauson.

Bell and Slauson won't have signed for much, so our best bets are the other guys. No info on what Keller signed for. I wouldn't expect any of these picks to be all that high - mainly 5th to 7th rounders. I'd be surprised if we get a 4th.
    We'll probably get a 4th for Landry base on the fact that the guy made the probowl the season we lost him.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    +1

Idzik fleeced.

SAR I
    I thought you wanted this. Makes Rex's exit almost a fait accompli