Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally Done

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    So you are saying a unproven rookie which is what this 13th pick is,has the same value as a proven vet. ,probowler& future Hall of Famer no way!
    What the 13th pick represents for a rebuilding team is worth more than paying HOF caliber player 16 million a year at the CB position. Definitely

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you are saying a unproven rookie which is what this 13th pick is,has the same value as a proven vet. ,probowler& future Hall of Famer no way!
    He wasnt going to be here next yr. don't people understand that

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The player does not look happy in any of his pics.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    On another note....this John Geiger guy is an a$$hat....what a farking tool:

Luckiest guy ever, though. Doesn't have to work a day in his life, gets to jet-set with a premiere NFL superstar, and can purchase whatever he wants.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    Couldn't agree more. This deal is worse than a POSSIBLE fourth round pick next year? How?
    its the fools who annoying kept saying "Izdik should DEMAND this years 1st and 2nd, next yrs 1st and 3rd, bla bla" like Izdik could actually apply a choke hold on a GM and make demands... knew they wouldn't be happy.. Im glad its over with, Izdik had no choice to pull the trigger..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Horrible trade we got nothing.

Jets are useless as usual.

give up your best player for nothing

I did not mind trading Mevis for more draft picks but this is shameful
    What r u thinking, all dissipointed in this have no vision .
    lets explane how the big picture works.
    Start with this, Revis is one of the best CB's to play the game, that is where it ends.

The key to it all is the fact tha the Jets have absolutely have no chance of a SB this year, with or without revis. Revis is a free agent next year and should we use him this year, healthy or not, we get nothing this or next year because we will not pay him, so with that said, he is a gooner next year and we have nothing for him.

If we keep revis and he dose not perform from the injury, we get nothing and we are not signing him because who wants a used up hack. By trading Revis we free up cap space.

Let's re-cap, keeping revis does absolutely nothing for us, NOTHING, the fact that we got anythign in the way of a draft pick this year is absolutely amazing. you sould hold back from writing here and send our GM a thank you letter.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    he is another jets jersey i can toss
    Me too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Luckiest guy ever, though. Doesn't have to work a day in his life, gets to jet-set with a premiere NFL superstar, and can purchase whatever he wants.
    Who is he and what does he do?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was leaving next year anyway.

We are about to go 3-13 with our without Revis. Better he's gone now and we got something for him.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    +1

Idzik fleeced.

SAR I
    SAR, your wrong on all levels. You hate that idzik is gm but are you going to let that cloud every decision he makes for the next 5 years?

You usually have a good grasp of whats going on in jetland, but if you cant see how idzik has handled everything great so far, then i dont know what to tell u.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I thought you wanted this. Makes Rex's exit almost a fait accompli
    I did want this, but I am disappointed that we only got 1 pick this year.

A better GM would have gotten a 1 and a 3 or 4 this season, not next.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No guaranteed money. Jets stink.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He was leaving next year anyway.

We are about to go 3-13 with our without Revis. Better he's gone now and we got something for him.

SAR I
    So why are you saying he was fleeced? What did you expect?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Bro I am still scratching my head as to why people here thinks this deal is bad.....are they actually thinking lol
    Agreed, although no one likes to see a top player go, this team needs to re-tool all the while requiring to get faster and younger, so that means draft picks.

I must come clean by saying that i was dead set against trading Revis when i first heard the rumors. But when you look at the situation un-emotionally, I concluded that;

A- Best-bet, the Jets will be a .500 team in 2013 so how will having an expensive cornerback on our roster made us better?

B- Last year, the Jet defense sans Revis did rather well thank you very much...maybe this Rex Ryan guy is a pretty good defensive coordinator after all!

C- Revis is a selfish player. He will continue to hold the Jet front office hostage for more and more money, year after year. so why put up with his bull? Maybe by ridding themselves of Revis, the Jets rid themselves of one of their Circus acts?

D- He’s not a leader.

The ball is now in Idzik’s court.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    he is another jets jersey i can toss
    Bring it to a game and sell it some of those morons still think he is part of the Jet family, no SB adios MF'er.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    Who is he and what does he do?
    Revis' lifelong friend/"business manager"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is basically a 1year deal. Revis will play and play well this year. Then he is going to get a new deal that will have all the guarantees in it. He is not going to play with what amounts to 6 1-year contracts.

Right now, he has all the risk. He re-injures himself he has nothing beyond this year. His hold out will begin 14 months from now if they haven't gone back to the table for a new deal.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    SAR, your wrong on all levels. You hate that idzik is gm but are you going to let that cloud every decision he makes for the next 5 years?

You usually have a good grasp of whats going on in jetland, but if you cant see how idzik has handled everything great so far, then i dont know what to tell u.
    I like the way Idzik handles the media. Excellent. You'd expect that from an operator. Very cold, very business-like. No surprise there.

I don't like the way Idzik hasn't done anything in free agency.

I don't like the way Idzik got only one pick in the Revis trade.

The jury's out on Idzik's drafting ability.

So far, what we've seen is going according to what we were told before we took him as the last-pick-for-dodgeball. Let's see how the draft goes. That's the key to everything.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    This is basically a 1year deal. Revis will play and play well this year. Then he is going to get a new deal that will have all the guarantees in it. He is not going to play with what amounts to 6 1-year contracts.

Right now, he has all the risk. He re-injures himself he has nothing beyond this year. His hold out will begin 14 months from now if they haven't gone back to the table for a new deal.
    I don't think the Bucs would risk another team swooping in and resigning him.
    Technically, the Jets could swoop back in and resign him because they are going to have a load of cap space left over.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally Done

Revis is holding out after this year. Guarantee it.